Enema anniversary show(s) without Tom

Patient #48273

EOTS anniversary show(s)  

84 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like the idea of blink playing EOTS anniversary shows without Tom?

• Yes
    • No

1 hour ago, Feeling_This_1 said:

I would vote No, but I'm banned from doing so. 

Honestly its not like they're doing a mini tour or anything, it'll basically be a one time thing, so whatever. I'm sure it won't be a good performance though. I can't wait to see all the mistakes Matt makes! 

Felons can't vote.

• Like 1

Saw an article on Facebook about these shows and basically everyone is moaning about no Tom/Skiba in the band.

Can we put this myth to bed that the people who don't like Skiba/the direction that blink is going in are a loud minority as this clearly isn't the case despite what a few people say in here. 

This place is fairly representative of the overall blink fanbase from everything I have seen recently. 

• Like 9

8 minutes ago, ...Dan... said:

Saw an article on Facebook about these shows and basically everyone is moaning about no Tom/Skiba in the band.

Can we put this myth to bed that the people who don't like Skiba/the direction that blink is going in are a loud minority as this clearly isn't the case despite what a few people say in here. 

This place is fairly representative of the overall blink fanbase from everything I have seen recently. 

B-but the billboard charts? The Grammy nomination? /s

• Like 1

Facebook/Internet comments are not the places to judge anything lol... if they were as pathetic as the Internet Tombots say, no one would be at the shows, albums would be complete flops, etc. Until then, Blink-182 is alive and well IMO. 

For those of you who hate the current band, and wouldn't go to the shows anyway, why does it even matter? Who cares? Like I said, they've played most the songs already. You really think Skiba messing up a verse in Anthem is going to tarnish the band worse than the guy who quit twice and is now scamming teenagers pretending to build a spaceship? Missing a note on Aliens Exist is really gonna ruin EOTS for you, forever? Grab a beer, go with some friends, and jump around and have a good time hearing a few deep cuts. It's harmless. Yes it'd be epic with sane peak Tom, but we are so far past that it's silly to even ponder.

I don't get it, you hate it before it even happens, and weren't going to go regardless... watch a concert on YouTube from 2000 if you want Tom's version..at home..from the couch...complaining about new Blink that you don't listen to or look forward to. 

• Like 2

I don't see the problem. In an ideal world it would be with Tom but have people forgot that he's the one that fucked off? Before that he delayed several albums, made no effort in shows and even said "Blink pays the bills, AVA is where I get to be creative" (or something on those lines). Tom stopped caring about Blink 15 years ago and I just don't see why Mark and Travis should have to give it all up because of him.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, ...Dan... said:

Does anyone actually think that?  Seems pretty obvious and expected that most people, outside of the hyper causals who don't even realize that's not Tom up there, won't like 2/3 of the band up there.

That group of people that just hated Tom Delonge's voice growing up have no interest in the band altogether at this point.

Don’t care either way. Would be better if Tom was in the band still.. yes, but he isn’t. He has no desire to do blink again and moved on to his alien government stuff and rarely do ava now. Mark and Travis have every right to keep doing blink it’s their band too and not their fault Tom freaking quit TWICE. Matt is officially in blink too so if the currently lineup is going to do an anniversary show of the album I see it as the band doing it for than fans rather than for themselves. The three of them have every right to play any song under the blink name unless Tom copyrighted songs he wrote alone. 

Count me as one of the few that doesn't care that blink are playing this album without Tom. They've been without Tom for 4 years now, playing 20-25 and about half of them are always Tom tracks. All they're gonna do is replace Tom led songs like Violence, Down or whatever with the Tom led Enema songs. No difference to me.

Saying that though, I would rather have no Tom songs at all. Just Mark songs & California/Skiba songs. It's always weird to me if bands barely play new shit. I may not be the biggest fan of California, but their entire show should be revolving around the California singles and like 8-9 other tracks from the California era.

• Like 3

14 hours ago, NJansaid said:

Enema: legendary, influential album. Did not age that well.  Dude Ranch aged better.

Truth.  I've been one to say for some time that Enema doesn't hold up as well as a lot of people claim it to.  Dude Ranch holds up fantastically though as does Untitled obviously.  I'd argue those are their best 2 albums in terms of how well they've aged.

• Like 2
  • Love 2