Enema anniversary show(s) without Tom

Patient #48273

EOTS anniversary show(s)  

84 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like the idea of blink playing EOTS anniversary shows without Tom?

• Yes
    • No

2 minutes ago, M!ke said:

Truth.  I've been one to say for some time that Enema doesn't hold up as well as a lot of people claim it to.  Dude Ranch holds up fantastically though as does Untitled obviously.  I'd argue those are their best 2 albums in terms of how well they've aged.

Yeah, I think it's just that late 90's early 2000's pop punk sound in general hasn't aged well. I find TOYPAJ worse for it. But Enema is still one of those albums I love to death. Can listen to it any day of the week and not ever get bored of it. Amazing album even if it's definitely a product of it's time haha. Dude Ranch is pretty raw and raw albums have always been pretty common in music.

Most upcoming bands will have raw sounding albums then they get big and sound way more polished, which eventually becomes a product of it's time. Smiley face is different though. It's so polished but at the same time because of how experimental it is, it still stands out. There's no album like it. Never heard anything sound like that album in the 16 years since it's been released. It's still so fresh and new sounding. Still unique as hell. I felt kinda opposite about +44. I remember when I first heard it, i found it generic whereas now I feel like it was something that was ahead of it's time.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

47 minutes ago, Nosferatu said:

Saying that though, I would rather have no Tom songs at all. Just Mark songs & California/Skiba songs. It's always weird to me if bands barely play new shit. I may not be the biggest fan of California, but their entire show should be revolving around the California singles and like 8-9 other tracks from the California era.

giphy.gif

• Like 1

2 hours ago, M!ke said:

Truth.  I've been one to say for some time that Enema doesn't hold up as well as a lot of people claim it to.  Dude Ranch holds up fantastically though as does Untitled obviously.  I'd argue those are their best 2 albums in terms of how well they've aged.

Untitled holds up forever, masterpiece album, but I think Neighborhoods aged even better. Definitely a lesser album but it sounds like nothing else and is pretty interesting. Cali skyrocketed it's value.

I have Dude Ranch, Neghborhoods, and some sprinkled in Untitled on my ongoing playlist.  Really nothing from Enema or Toypaj at this point unless it's for nostalgia.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NJansaid said:

Untitled holds up forever, masterpiece album, but I think Neighborhoods aged even better. Definitely a lesser album but it sounds like nothing else and is pretty interesting. Cali skyrocketed it's value.

I have Dude Ranch, Neghborhoods, and some sprinkled in Untitled on my ongoing playlist.  Really nothing from Enema or Toypaj at this point unless it's for nostalgia.

Just today I listened to Asthenia, Here's Your Letter, then switched to some Dude Ranch tracks! Shit does not get old ?

• Like 1

The only song from Enema that is on rotation in any of my day-to-day playlists is Wendy Clear and Man Overboard aswell if that one can be counted, definately the two strongest songs from that period in my opinion and lyrically they still hold up really well unlike most other songs from the record.

I'd rather see them perform the whole of Untitled or Neighborhoods with Tom to be honest. But if we're bringing people back to play albums that they wrote, then John Feldman and his old assistant should just play any California anniversary on their own, considering they are responsible for writing the majority of that abomination of an album.

100% okay with this. Obviously I'd prefer it with Tom, but Tom's not in the band, and I'd rather they do this than do nothing. Besides, we got Untitled anniversary shows with Tom, and they sounded like shit.

I don't want to get my hopes up but I'd love it if we got a pro-shot video of this set.

• Like 2

I feel like im the only one here who really likes TOYPAJ. Id much rather throw that on then Enema. Untitled is definitely to easiest to listen too now a days though. 

I really hope they dont do an EOTS show without Tom, Skiba is bad enough on his own songs

and on the subject of TOYPAJ, i hated it for a long time cause it felt like regressive. or just repeating the same formula ad nauseum (teenage lyrics everywhere). that said, i've gained a lot of respect for that record over the years. i can definitely hear the push-pull between what tom, travis, and mark wanted. there's plenty of all-timers, and plenty of great songs that fly under the radar too (ETILFY, roller coaster). it's also the best-SOUNDING blink album... you can tell finn and his engineers were very hands-on, and it's the best blink ever sounded IMO. just a nice, warm, loud punk rock record