Enema anniversary show(s) without Tom

Patient #48273

EOTS anniversary show(s)  

84 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like the idea of blink playing EOTS anniversary shows without Tom?

• Yes
    • No

2 hours ago, Patient #48273 said:

Even as an 11-year-old, the lyrics of Shut Up made me cringe. I like it musically, but the lyrics seem very try-hard.

This might not surprise you but Shut Up was my favorite song as a kid.  I still like it, it's really catchy and seems more campy than cringey. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, NJansaid said:

This might not surprise you but Shut Up was my favorite song as a kid.  I still like it, it's really catchy and seems more campy than cringey. 

I don't know. I think Shut Up was meant to be taken fairly seriously. We're not talking about Fuck A Dog or even Happy Holidays You Bastard here.

4 minutes ago, darkarrow said:

I just don't see it

I don't know how anyone can listen to Shut Up or Easy Target and think they were meant to be taken very seriously... Both seem a bit light hearted.

Listen to the entire Easy Target chorus. It's fun/fucked up, not serious to me.

The intro altogether in Shut Up screams tongue in cheek, while the chorus is more semi serious.

It's either that or my entire life has been a lie and I'm hearing things

I mean blink celebrations Enema's 20th anniversary without Tom feels to me like when 'Nirvana' played those shows on the induction ceremony thing with plenty of guests. But well, Cobain is dead.

Maybe the question here is... would be Tom able/agreeing to play that show if he was offered to do it?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ghost said:

I mean blink celebrations Enema's 20th anniversary without Tom feels to me like when 'Nirvana' played those shows on the induction ceremony thing with plenty of guests. But well, Cobain is dead.

Maybe the question here is... would be Tom able/agreeing to play that show if he was offered to do it?

Maybe it'd be good for Tom? I don't see how 1 show would hurt blink or the next record with Skiba. If anything it'd just reinforce what all 3 have been saying: "No hard feelings. We're all good with this arrangement. We don't secretly despise each other..."

• Like 1

1 hour ago, vic vinegar said:

Maybe it'd be good for Tom? I don't see how 1 show would hurt blink or the next record with Skiba. If anything it'd just reinforce what all 3 have been saying: "No hard feelings. We're all good with this arrangement. We don't secretly despise each other..."

That would be pretty shocking/amazing

• Like 1

2 hours ago, vic vinegar said:

Despite being a total failure outside of blink, Tom doesn't want anything to do with the band.

It's a double whammy of fail.

19 hours ago, vic vinegar said:

I don't know.  I'd love to see Tom doing that Enema Show, to be honest.