Skiba or Gaskarth

Scott.

Who’s a better fit for blink?   

57 members have voted

1. 1. Skiba or Gaskarth

Eh, I feel it would be even more awkward with Gaskarth in it, being the second generation of pop punk and all. I feel like his influence in the band would just sound like diet blink/diet ATL and sound more poppier than they already do.

It’s not like the current situation is miles better, they haven’t really used Matt to his full potential and Matt’s been pretty much a yes-man to keep things smooth sailing. 

I don’t know how good of a guitar player Alex is, but I know they used to play blink covers. Although from watching some shows Alex mostly does rhythm or not play at all just to sing, which is why they have a third guitarist hidden in the back during ATL shows.

I don’t know how good the chemistry is between him and Mark, they seem to have some father/son friendship going on. Mark and Matt are more professional and low key but heavily support each other (same thing goes to Matt and Travis).

Image-wise, I feel like it would look awkward to have Alex’s teenage face next to the older Mark and Travis (I know he’s 31 but he pretty much looks 18 with some stubble). The SC promotional shots even look awkward. Image isn’t the biggest deal. We all know Matt can look awkward as hell next to Mark and Travis at times. Would love if there was an alternate timeline where they all just kicked off after the original songs they wrote and just went for a darker/more mature vibe compared to what they got going on now.

• Like 3

In a pure musical sense Gaskarth is a 100% better fit than Skiba, obviously image wise it's a completely different question. 

Gaskarth was writing music that sounds like California 10 years before Blink did...

He even says 'California' in it a few times, better song than a lot of what's on California as well...

• Like 1
  • Love 1

43 minutes ago, ...Dan... said:

In a pure musical sense Gaskarth is a 100% better fit than Skiba, obviously image wise it's a completely different question. 

Gaskarth was writing music that sounds like California 10 years before Blink did...

He even says 'California' in it a few times, better song than a lot of what's on California as well...

Let's create a Skibarth ?

• Like 1

considering the output of the collaboration mark/skiba to mark/gaskarth: Gaskarth all the way. Having another guy sing and play tom's songs feels weird either way so you might as well put someone up there that works well with hoppus. Skiba might be great in Alk3, but was nothing but a disapointment in blink

Problem with all of this is that when Skiba was announced, I really thought he was going to be the best choice, just because in my dreams I was thinking about a perfect blink/ak3-is mashup. Then, things turned out slightly different and it all vanished in the blink of an eye.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

We’ve not seen anywhere near the best of Skiba in blink. With Simple Creatures Alex and Mark share equal control and responsibility of the band which is fair and makes sense since it’s their project. Matt had to come into a hugely successful band and try fill the boots of Tom, a seemingly impossible task. Had this been a new band I think we’d have seen so much more from Matt. We know what he’s capable of, he’s just not yet brought it to the blink table for whatever reason. We can judge more after the next album. 

That being said I voted for Alex. 

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, 2point5 said:

We know what he’s capable of, he’s just not yet brought it to the blink table for whatever reason. We can judge more after the next album. 

We're gonna hear a lot more input from a handful of people. I don't think skiba is one of them