Skiba or Gaskarth

Scott.

Who’s a better fit for blink?   

57 members have voted

1. 1. Skiba or Gaskarth

6 hours ago, Champ182 said:

Ehh, I haven't ever really heard anything from Skiba that would make me think he's capable of Untitled type music. I think a dark and serious Dude Ranch would be the closest comparison for a Blink that actually utilized Skiba's skills to the fullest.

try these: good mourning (this could be love, we've had enough, continental, emma), crimson (time to waste, burn, sadie), agony and irony (calling all skeletons, help me, over and out, into the night), babylon (voices, angel of deaf), kuts (any song from this album).

• Like 1

Finally listened to a couple songs on Simple Creatures or whatever it's called. Never tried out ATL before, but I voted for Alex. Seems he'd actually contribute to the writing process. Just seems a better fit for blink. Not as good as the guy who actually wrote half the blink songs (Tom) but better than that stooge Matt Skiba, who has literally brought nothing to the table.

• Like 1

People seem to be really struggling to understand this poll...

It's who the better fit is for new blink-182, if Mark wanted to experiment and put out a mature album then sure Skiba would be the best pick.

However, this clearly wasn't the case - he wanted an easily accesible bubblegum pop/pop punk album which Skiba has no experience of whereas Gaskarth has been doing it since 2005. No contest who the better pick would of been for this new version of blink-182.

Gaskarth would of bought loads of new fans to the table which Mark would of loved too as he is so desperate to be popular, sure it would of alienated some of the die hards but lets face it, that ship has kind of sailed anyway.

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, ...Dan... said:

It's who the better fit is for new blink-182, if Mark wanted to experiment and put out a mature album then sure Skiba would be the best pick.

However, this clearly wasn't the case - he wanted an easily accesible bubblegum pop/pop punk album which Skiba has no experience of whereas Gaskarth has been doing it since 2005. No contest who the better pick would of been for this new version of blink-182.

Gaskarth would of bought loads of new fans to the table which Mark would of loved too as he is so desperate to be popular, sure it would of alienated some of the die hards but lets face it, that ship has kind of sailed anyway.

Truth bomb 

4 hours ago, ...Dan... said:

Or maybe you and Scott are just struggling with the fact that your boy crush is losing.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Kay said:

I think at this point that Mark isn't even the right fit for blink if pop is the direction they want to go in. 

You make a good point here Kay. Almost seems like mark should hang it up with blink and forge on with simple creatures and other projects. As much as I truly love blink, they are so far removed from what they once were that it has become tough to follow them.

• Like 3

A lot of people who’ve been to these shows are saying how good they’ve been and how much Mark has been on form. He has much more chemistry with Gaskarth, looks like he’s loving life. What a terrible fucking decision Skiba was. Can we just replace him with Gaskarth and pretend nothings happened? 

Its getting to the point where I’m not arsed about new blink at all, I’d rather more simple creature music. I fucking hate Skiba in blink. I don’t hate Matt Skiba ad a person or artist I just don’t want him in Blink. It doesn’t fucking fit. He doesn’t suit the band whatsoever. Anyone who thinks he does is a try hard clueless cunt imo. 

• Love 1

5 hours ago, Scott. said:

A lot of people who’ve been to these shows are saying how good they’ve been and how much Mark has been on form. He has much more chemistry with Gaskarth, looks like he’s loving life. What a terrible fucking decision Skiba was. Can we just replace him with Gaskarth and pretend nothings happened? 

Its getting to the point where I’m not arsed about new blink at all, I’d rather more simple creature music. I fucking hate Skiba in blink. I don’t hate Matt Skiba ad a person or artist I just don’t want him in Blink. It doesn’t fucking fit. He doesn’t suit the band whatsoever. Anyone who thinks he does is a try hard clueless cunt imo. 

You lost the poll. Get over it. People said the same shit after the first few skiba blink shows. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, NJansaid said:

Nuff said 

Good damn! that first Video with Skiba playing wmaa sounds like one of those "shred" joke Videos. Skiba really is a disrespectful cunt.

however I like the instrumental of that all time low cover, but the vocals ruin it for me.... just way to overboard on the nasal/Poppy thing

Works perfect in simple creatures though

let blink rest in peace already ffs

• Like 1

I think Gaskarth would have fit in better on California specifically (I mean I've always thought it sounded like an All Time Low album anyway) but I still think Skiba has more interesting things to offer if blink will let him. I'd rather have Skiba. I hope his influence shines on the next record.

• Love 1