Skiba or Gaskarth

Scott.

Who’s a better fit for blink?   

57 members have voted

1. 1. Skiba or Gaskarth

On 4/1/2019 at 7:25 AM, Kay said:

I think at this point that Mark isn't even the right fit for blink if pop is the direction they want to go in. 

If I ever would have imagined that blink-182 would have continued without one of the original singers, I would have thought it would have gone on with Tom rather than Mark.

• Like 3

On 4/6/2019 at 4:21 AM, Cheerios4u98 said:

I think Gaskarth would have fit in better on California specifically (I mean I've always thought it sounded like an All Time Low album anyway) but I still think Skiba has more interesting things to offer if blink will let him. I'd rather have Skiba. I hope his influence shines on the next record.

The question is: Is it Blink not LETTING him? Or is it him not giving a shit? I used to think it was option A but now it seems pretty likely that he just doesn't care and doesn't feel like Blink is his band in any way.

As a cover guy, almost anyone with a minimum interest of learning would be a better fit, to be fair.

As a musician who writes in blink, Gaskarth joining the band would have sounded as an eternal list of collaborations between All Time Low and Mark, that play that played in blink.

Regardless of what you think of the guy, imagine how awesome it must be for Alex right now, to be in a band with Mark. All Time Low started as a blink-182 cover band when Alex was in high school, and now all these years later he's literally in a band with Mark Hoppus. That's rad as hell.

• Like 6

4 hours ago, Cheerios4u98 said:

Regardless of what you think of the guy, imagine how awesome it must be for Alex right now, to be in a band with Mark. All Time Low started as a blink-182 cover band when Alex was in high school, and now all these years later he's literally in a band with Mark Hoppus. That's rad as hell.

Yeah, winning at life nqat 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Cheerios4u98 said:

I’m incredibly happy for the bloke. He’s living the dream I’m sure all of us have had at some point by playing in a band with Mark Hoppus.

Im also incredibly happy that band isn’t blink-182

• Like 2