Star Wars Episode 9 (SPOILERS!!!!)

Ghent

1 hour ago, Matt Skiba Fan 666 said:

yeah I heard the same thing about the first director dropping out. Jackson basically had to jump in and salvage what he could and it definitely shows.

Have you read the books? They actually shortened the ending by a lot in the films. So much more happens after Aragorn is made king but it wouldn’t have worked in the film at all. 

These movies are probably my favourite of all time. I recently rewatched all three extended. So good.

Yeah it's been a while but I know they took out the shire part which I agree with for the movie.  I actually don't mind the long ending, it's wrapping up a lot, but as others have pointed out online it's all the fade outs that are a bit over done.

The movies truly are amazing, I haven't seen them in probably 10 years and they really captivated me again like when they first came out. Shockingly, it didn't look dated at all, it looked as good as anything I've seen that's new.  I'd say they might be my favorites all time too, they're just so good. It gets incredibly dark at times too I'm surprised I handled these when I was a kid.

10 minutes ago, Nshesaid said:

Yeah it's been a while but I know they took out the shire part which I agree with for the movie.  I actually don't mind the long ending, it's wrapping up a lot, but as others have pointed out online it's all the fade outs that are a bit over done.

The movies truly are amazing, I haven't seen them in probably 10 years and they really captivated me again like when they first came out. Shockingly, it didn't look dated at all, it looked as good as anything I've seen that's new.  I'd say they might be my favorites all time too, they're just so good. It gets incredibly dark at times too I'm surprised I handled these when I was a kid.

Yeah they really should’ve ended it with the ship sailing off. Going back to Sam going back to his wife and kids was pointless.

I honestly watch them every year. It’s tradition. Pick a weekend in winter where I have nothing on. Preferably some light rain going on outside. It’s the one time a year i buy some weed too. And I just immerse myself for a weekend. My new house I’m living in even has a fireplace under the television. Added a whole other level of comfort to the viewing.

• Love 1

2 hours ago, Nshesaid said:

Yet you liked the new Star wars? I can't handle the CGI in the new ones.

CGI is the least of my problems with the new Star Wars (frankly if we're talking bad CGI in Star Wars, then my grievances mostly come from the prequels and the special editions).  Having said that, I have plenty of other grievances for Disney's Star Wars.  Its such a shame, as in my opinion, there are now more bad Star Wars films than there are good ones, making it an overall messy franchise to say the least.  Gonna be honest, I'm not even gonna see Episode 9 in the theaters at this point.  I don't doubt that it will be better than The Last Jedi (find it hard to believe it could ever be as bad as that was), but I'm just so burnt out on the series now, and frankly I don't even like the story they've been telling with this new trilogy, I don't care about any of the main characters, and I have no pressing questions that I need answers for.  Just give me Guardians of the Galaxy 3 and my appetite for new space adventure films will be fulfilled, unfortunately that seems to be some time away as Gunn is working on the new Suicide Squad film first, and they haven't officially revealed when GotG3 will happen in phase 4 of the MCU yet, though they have confirmed it is happening.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, M!ke said:

CGI is the least of my problems with the new Star Wars (frankly if we're talking bad CGI in Star Wars, then my grievances mostly come from the prequels and the special editions).  Having said that, I have plenty of other grievances for Disney's Star Wars.  Its such a shame, as in my opinion, there are now more bad Star Wars films than there are good ones, making it an overall messy franchise to say the least.  Gonna be honest, I'm not even gonna see Episode 9 in the theaters at this point.  I don't doubt that it will be better than The Last Jedi (find it hard to believe it could ever be as bad as that was), but I'm just so burnt out on the series now, and frankly I don't even like the story they've been telling with this new trilogy, I don't care about any of the main characters, and I have no pressing questions that I need answers for.  Just give me Guardians of the Galaxy 3 and my appetite for new space adventure films will be fulfilled, unfortunately that seems to be some time away as Gunn is working on the new Suicide Squad film first, and they haven't officially revealed when GotG3 will happen in phase 4 of the MCU yet, though they have confirmed it is happening.

Oh i know, I just recall a really retarded CGI main villain in Force Awakens and already losing faith in the reboots.  The prequels were a major step backwards but I always felt kept the spirit alive somewhat, it still felt like star wars, just mostly the cheesy side and none of the darker, edgy (yes) side.  New episodes feel like a Twilight version of Star Wars. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Matt Skiba Fan 666 said:

Yeah they really should’ve ended it with the ship sailing off. Going back to Sam going back to his wife and kids was pointless.

I honestly watch them every year. It’s tradition. Pick a weekend in winter where I have nothing on. Preferably some light rain going on outside. It’s the one time a year i buy some weed too. And I just immerse myself for a weekend. My new house I’m living in even has a fireplace under the television. Added a whole other level of comfort to the viewing.

What's your favorite scene? I can't believe how well done these are.  Two Towers I'd maybe skim through some of the golum and ents parts, otherwise I could watch these again right now.

We're really lucky they got Peter Jackson to do these, instead of some typical Hollywood director that would keep it safe and PG. 

9 minutes ago, Nshesaid said:

What's your favorite scene? I can't believe how well done these are.  Two Towers I'd maybe skim through some of the golum and ents parts, otherwise I could watch these again right now.

We're really lucky they got Peter Jackson to do these, instead of some typical Hollywood director that would keep it safe and PG. 

tenor.gif?itemid=12019194

Definitely one of my favourites. I get emotional every time. Just the absolute look of defeat in both the hobbits and then Sam just steps up. Amazing.

Yeah Jackson was the perfect choice. But the whole crew was super into it and committed as well. It’s really quite amazing when you start reading up on the little bits of trivia from the filming of these movies. Viggo Mortensen is an absolute legend. 

If you’ve ever got just heaps of free time, watch the behind the scenes documentary’s that came with the dvds. There’s like 10+ hours of footage of them filming and all the little details and shit. It’s worth it.

• Like 1

That's what I've been doing. The guy playing Lurtz actually chucked a real blade at Viggo like an idiot and he deflected it. As badass as that is, he could have legit died on set..  lots of really cool stuff happened in the making only making it better.  The fact they had to do that running scene with banged up injuries is such dedication.  

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Ghent said:

That white orc looked so dumb. I still can’t shake that CG abomination

I still think the entirely CGI dwarf in the third movie is the most embarrassing.  Like...the dwarves are the entire cast, and you decide to throw in an entirely CGI one? Why?

5 hours ago, JarJarBlinks said:

I still think the entirely CGI dwarf in the third movie is the most embarrassing.  Like...the dwarves are the entire cast, and you decide to throw in an entirely CGI one? Why?

I don't remember enough of that movie to recall this, but that sounds hilarious.

Did an actor die or something? I can't think of another good reason to do that.

Speaking of that, I'm extremely curious how Leia is going to work in this new movie. One of the things I'm most excited about the movie is seeing Carrie Fisher in a new movie one final time.

3 minutes ago, Cheerios4u98 said:

I don't remember enough of that movie to recall this, but that sounds hilarious.

Did an actor die or something? I can't think of another good reason to do that.

Speaking of that, I'm extremely curious how Leia is going to work in this new movie. One of the things I'm most excited about the movie is seeing Carrie Fisher in a new movie one final time.

you know I honestly think the guy they cast for him did pass away, and I guess they just thought that they were honoring him by making him CGI, but I remember just how JARRING it was in the theater lol.  

2 hours ago, JarJarBlinks said:

you know I honestly think the guy they cast for him did pass away, and I guess they just thought that they were honoring him by making him CGI, but I remember just how JARRING it was in the theater lol.  

That's why old time classics like original SW and LOTR, Pulp Fiction, are timeless.  They have practical effects and are shot on film.  It makes such a difference I don't get why so many skip this, well besides the fact it's easier to just do digital and CGI but if you're trying to make a classic it seems impossible.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...