Star Wars Episode 9 (SPOILERS!!!!)

Ghent

1 hour ago, JarJarBlinks said:

I actually watched A New Hope and then watched PM and AOTC before I finished the OT, so to me, THIS trilogy feels more "mine" than any other.  I think Kylo Ren is one of the most interesting characters in any of the films; don't you think a prodigy who is never quite good enough, never can quite garner respect and turns to the dark side in order to chase that respect/power is fascinating? 

This franchise has always been about themes, so no I don't care about minute plot holes, or less than stellar storylines to be honest because I'm paying to be immersed into a different galaxy for 2 hours. 

Yeah then you should have no problems with any of the Star wars films.  I just expect more when it's cannon with the original trilogy..

I didn't mind Rey, she was okay, but yeah I could not get on board with Kylo at all.  I liked what they did with him better in The Last Jedi shooting down Luke but yeah no the whole temper tantrum thing was so cringey bad to me, I didn't buy the "unpredictabile" cop out either, it was just bad acting all around and just hard to take serious.  I just pictured my chemical romance in the background of all his scenes.

7 minutes ago, Neckbeard_Jan said:

Yeah then you should have no problems with any of the Star wars films.  I just expect more when it's cannon with the original trilogy..

I didn't mind Rey, she was okay, but yeah I could not get on board with Kylo at all.  I liked what they did with him better in The Last Jedi shooting down Luke but yeah no the whole temper tantrum thing was so cringey bad to me, I didn't buy the "unpredictabile" cop out either, it was just bad acting all around and just hard to take serious.  I just pictured my chemical romance in the background of all his scenes.

Imagine all of the problems internet nerds would have with the OT if it came out today.  Good lord.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, JarJarBlinks said:

85% audience score on RT.  Hipster film boys can go cry themselves to sleep watching Tarantino or something.

And where is it polling everywhere else?  Sounds to me like damage control Disney bots.

It's not really a competition anyways, it's a film, the reviewers don't decide if you like it or not.

1 hour ago, JarJarBlinks said:

85% audience score on RT.  Hipster film boys can go cry themselves to sleep watching Tarantino or something.

Something tells me that when it comes to TLJ you would have pointed to the critics score and not the fans score as if that proves a similar point.  The only thing we can really gather from aggregate reviews is that everyone is different.  People will like what they like and dislike what they dislike.  Conversely, does it mean anything to you that the audience score on Metacritic is only a 5.1?  Of course not, if you like it, awesome, if people don't like it, then they have their reasons to.

Last Jedi is kind of polarizing. It was acclaimed, and then all of the acclaim vanished completely once it started randomly getting shit on. 

as far as critic reviews go, I think it’s so fucked. And I can’t tell if rotten tomatoes has turned into one of the worst things ever (blu-rays literally sticker on the fresh stamp of approval now) or if they want you to question the system by having the very contrasting audience score next to it.

i personally have ONE reviewer who I count on as far as setting my anticipation or a lack thereof for. I can’t recommend this enough, because one person’s opinion isn’t going to completely alter your plans to see or not see a movie, but it kind of feels like a similar friend who thinks like you. A lot tend to disagree with him too, which I like because it’s not like he’s one hundred percent accurate all of the time.

to those who love this final film, I couldn’t be happier for you. Truly. I’ll never forget leaving the theatres seeing the true dumb and dumber near fucking tears they completely ruined the characters. I wouldn’t wish that on anyone. And my thing or not, I adore cinema and want what’s best for the industry as a whole. Critics are fucking dumb in how they approach every film from the same standpoint. I feel like to logically review certain films (this one for example) you have to look at the bigger picture, and what they’re aim to cater is when making it. 

• Like 1

My opinion of this movie has gone back and forth all day as I've been thinking about it. This morning I had convinced myself I didn't like it and I was bummed, and then a few hours later I realized that I loved it. I think I'm still somewhere in the middle, and I need to see it again.

The movie felt like a crazy 90's expanded universe Star Wars novel, and I think that's why I was initially unsure about it, but now I think that's actually why I love it. I loved those old books, even though they could be very over the top. This movie felt like one of the crazier old books and it makes me smile.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, M!ke said:

Something tells me that when it comes to TLJ you would have pointed to the critics score and not the fans score as if that proves a similar point.  The only thing we can really gather from aggregate reviews is that everyone is different.  People will like what they like and dislike what they dislike.  Conversely, does it mean anything to you that the audience score on Metacritic is only a 5.1?  Of course not, if you like it, awesome, if people don't like it, then they have their reasons to.

Not really. I mean it’s great critics liked it I guess but there are a lot of things I can sympathize with fans as to why they’d be upset. 

I like TFA and especially TROS compared to TLJ. 

12 minutes ago, Knapppers said:

Thought it was kinda lame. Super predictable and also so many plot holes. Was planning on seeing it again with other friends tomorow but don't really feel the need too

Lol ok knapton I’m sure you predicted all of the plot twists. 

• Like 1

Two things that are bothering me:

What was Finn going to tell Rey?

Lando and Jannah had a conversation at the very end that felt like it was going somewhere important and then abruptly ended. What.

I have a lot of other questions and things I want to talk about but those two things stick out as incomplete story points to me.

I can’t wait to see it again! 

22 minutes ago, Cheerios4u98 said:

Two things that are bothering me:

Hide contents

What was Finn going to tell Rey?

Lando and Jannah had a conversation at the very end that felt like it was going somewhere important and then abruptly ended. What.

I have a lot of other questions and things I want to talk about but those two things stick out as incomplete story points to me.

I can’t wait to see it again! 

Finn - either that he loves her or that he is force sensitive aswell. I think it’s the latter personally.

Lando and Jannah was odd. Maybe it’s setting up for a future film or Disney plus show?

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Russel Coight said:

Hide contents

Finn - either that he loves her or that he is force sensitive aswell. I think it’s the latter personally.

Lando and Jannah was odd. Maybe it’s setting up for a future film or Disney plus show?

I was thinking the same about him being Force sensitive. Still weird that he never ended up telling her.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Cheerios4u98 said:

Hide contents

I was thinking the same about him being Force sensitive. Still weird that he never ended up telling her.

im sure it’ll be revealed eventually I guess. 

can we ditch the spoiler tags soon? I’m over doing it every time. Everybody who posts in this thread has seen it or read the all the spoilers.

What's weird to me is they went so heavy advertising this as the FINAL entry in the Skywalker Saga yet it set up so many potential future stories to the point where it still feels like there should be another sequel.

Maybe they'll make sequels but they just won't consider them "Skywalker Saga" anymore because everyone in the Skywalker bloodline is gone.

Also, off topic, Rey's yellow lightsaber is badass. The very last scene of the movie at Luke's house was one of my favorites. Hit me right in the nostalgia in the best way.

• Like 3