Star Wars Episode 9 (SPOILERS!!!!)

Ghent

On 12/21/2019 at 6:16 AM, Chewy030 said:

Man I loved this movie. Thought it was the perfect ending to the saga. 

How on Earth was this a perfect ending to the saga? It's a complete insult back pedaling/retconning not only the last movie, but the entire saga, bringing back Palpatine completely undermines the first 6 films.. you know,  who's primary purpose was Annakin being the chosen one and finally tossing his crusty ass down the well to save his son over ruling the darkside? Which he clearly died in, might as well bring back Vader and Han and whoever else clearly died along the way too. Having 500 death stars diminishes the OT too.. Having any joe schmoe pick up a lightsaber all series long, and fend off a sith or require no training? Add it to the list.  What was Rey's character arc? You know the main character of the entire 3 films?

I thought we FINALLY started to pull some character arc together at the end there giving Rey some much needed adversity for one time and then

throw that out the window with more FORCE REVIVE.  Do I need to explain how completely retarded this is for any movie to allow people to be brought back to life?

Disney dropped the ball on this.

• Crab 4

Rey and Ben are also a super special kind of force sensitive pair, first pair in like 1000’s of years hence why they can pull off special shit like healing/revive*. Pay attention Janet when you watch a film. 

*I’m still in the boat or she was like 1hp/1000hp and Ben healed her as opposed to revived. 

• Like 3

The more I think about it the cooler I think it is.

Anakin turned to the dark side to save Padme's life and failed. His grandson turned to the light side, and saved Rey's life. A Skywalker finally learned how to stop people from dying. I actually think that's perfect the more I think about it.

N3uVOvU.png

8tPsOj5.png

zKNBbke.png

also, yeah, I think we should ditch the spoiler tags soon. If someone doesn't want to be spoiled they shouldn't be reading Rise of Skywalker threads.

• Like 3

there is also the theory that palpatine did die at the end of rotj and that is merely his dark side spirit inhabiting his corpse. When light side users die they can create force ghosts but dark siders can’t but there spirits do remain and palpy was basically just like haunting his old body until he used Rey and Ben dyad force power to basically revive himself.

• Like 1

You're still ignoring the point of it diminishing the entire original trilogy bringing him back, with little explanation on top of it, while also having to come up with this stretch connection to Annakin from the prequels? Really dude? That's the big payoff you needed to wrap up a 9 series franchise?  It's pretty clear Abrams didn't think that deep either while I don't dislike that connection...the whole revival thing was NOT that deep.

• Crab 4

1 hour ago, Russel Coight said:

Hide contents

Rey and Ben are also a super special kind of force sensitive pair, first pair in like 1000’s of years hence why they can pull off special shit like healing/revive*. Pay attention Janet when you watch a film. 

*I’m still in the boat or she was like 1hp/1000hp and Ben healed her as opposed to revived. 

It doesn't matter 'if that is possible because they are a super duper special', it's a movie sinning 101, you don't just revive dead characters out of thin air just for 'plot convenience' or writing yourself into a corner.  Let alone like 5 times in this sequel trilogy is a joke.  Neo was special in the Matrix too, did you enjoy him going inside of Trinity and removing a bullet and massaging her heart to revive her or did you think that was dumb? Take off the fanboy glasses. I was a massive Matrix fanboy and I hated that.

What about Chewie too? One second he's on a clearly blown up ship you think he's dead oh SIKE, there was another ship.  Oh Emperor was thrown down a well, exploded, ship that he exploded on also explodes just in case..SIKE that entire triology didn't matter we need a new master vilian because they killed the other one off last movie...yawn, terrible shit dude.  What threat do you ever feel Rey is on when she never incurs damage AND characters can just be revived anyways? You guys are clearly fangirls to the extreme.  

You can't convince me it's not a terrible plot device.

• Crab 5

I’m sad that Anakin didn’t actually appear, other than 2 seconds of hearing his voice.

At the same time, that scene with all the Jedi voices was so cool. I didn’t recognize most of them and can’t wait to see it again and pay more attention now that I’ve seen online who they all are.

Also, Adam Driver killed it in this movie. I think he was the highlight for me.

And yeah, @Russel Coight that is kind of a weird thing to share when you’re about to die. It really feels like they’re setting up future stories here. Lando and Jannah was so weird to me. Why put that in the movie? If this wasn’t the final part these things wouldn’t be so odd to me but the fact that it’s the end of the trilogy and saga makes them stick out.

Adam Driver was so great. Seriously Kylo/Ben made this movie. His behaviour once he dropped the kylo act and embraced Ben was so Han Solo it was great to see.

I’m going to throw this next part in spoiler tags again as it may be considered spoiler for future movie/tv show In regards to the Lando/Jannah scene:

apparently in one of the original leaked scripts/plot leaks that were proven true when the movie did come out, it was very heavily, almost beyond doubt, that Jannah was actually Lando’s daughter and there was a lot more dialogue between them that showed this. I guess they changed it up so they could do a lando Disney plus series

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Russel Coight said:

Adam Driver was so great. Seriously Kylo/Ben made this movie. His behaviour once he dropped the kylo act and embraced Ben was so Han Solo it was great to see.

I’m going to throw this next part in spoiler tags again as it may be considered spoiler for future movie/tv show In regards to the Lando/Jannah scene:

Hide contents

apparently in one of the original leaked scripts/plot leaks that were proven true when the movie did come out, it was very heavily, almost beyond doubt, that Jannah was actually Lando’s daughter and there was a lot more dialogue between them that showed this. I guess they changed it up so they could do a lando Disney plus series

Funny, I just saw this:

I'd love to see more Lando. 

Just pre-ordered the blu-ray steelbook of this. No idea when it's coming out, but I've bought the steelbook of all the new movies and don't want to miss out on the last one. I forgot to pre-order the Rogue One steelbook and had to buy it used from eBay for an inflated price.

Honestly though with Disney+ this stuff doesn't really matter as much because not only is it streaming in super high quality, but it also has bonus features, which is awesome. Still though, figured I'd complete my collection and buy this last one.

Speaking of bonus features, in one of The Force Awakens deleted scenes on Disney+, Leia says her "never underestimate a droid" line that was used in The Rise of Skywalker. Noticed it last night, kinda fun.

edit: pretty crazy how well they pulled this off imo

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Cheerios4u98 said:

Just pre-ordered the blu-ray steelbook of this. No idea when it's coming out, but I've bought the steelbook of all the new movies and don't want to miss out on the last one. I forgot to pre-order the Rogue One steelbook and had to buy it used from eBay for an inflated price.

Honestly though with Disney+ this stuff doesn't really matter as much because not only is it streaming in super high quality, but it also has bonus features, which is awesome. Still though, figured I'd complete my collection and buy this last one.

Speaking of bonus features, in one of The Force Awakens deleted scenes on Disney+, Leia says her "never underestimate a droid" line that was used in The Rise of Skywalker. Noticed it last night, kinda fun.

edit: pretty crazy how well they pulled this off imo

I'll probably buy it in advance on itunes. Since it'll be at least 6 months before it hits Disney +. 

I know you guys are super biased but that's all things Star Wars right not just the Disney trilogy?

I just finally saw Solo, loved it, you guys have to put this above Sequels right? 

I'd put it probably below Revenge of the Sith but above all sequels and rest of prequels.