Star Wars Episode 9 (SPOILERS!!!!)

Ghent

34 minutes ago, Neckbeard_Jan said:

What's your overall rankings. Genuinely interested.

As best as I can...

IV - V - VI (Amazing)

Rogue One - Solo (surprisingly decent)

III - VII (has its moments but overall not good)

VIII (what the fuck and all over the map in terms of quality)

I - II (Awful)

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Neckbeard_Jan said:

Okay so I finally caught it in full non Cam rip, can we now talk about that ending? Everyone's seen it right?

Wait does this mean you watched it in a cinema or is there some awesome leaked non-camrip version of this out I’m not aware of?

9 hours ago, Neckbeard_Jan said:

Okay so I finally caught it in full non Cam rip, can we now talk about that ending? Everyone's seen it right?

So Rey kills off the emperor because she got a second lightsaber and some more convenient Force powers, and Palpatine decided to not just stop shooting lightening .. Okay fine.. whatever he's always been arrogant. And then Kylo gets up from his extremely deadly looking fall and REVIVES her.. Kisses her as soon as she awakes from the dead (gross) but then it kills him? Lol come on.  Then Finn decides to need to tell her something, which was that he's force sensitive? Is this really a worthy payoff for the saga?  Okay flash forward a bit and Rey decides to change her last name to Skywalker which seemed like a really pointless last moment considering Luke didn't even really train her and she's related to the emperor? I mean I get what they were going for but it seemed really random to me and a miss.

The battles were much cooler in HD/Blu Ray, and the outrage is a little over the top for both this and The Last Jedi, but I do think the sequels are as bad as Attack Of The Clones, not needed, and poorly planned/executed.

Could have been wayyy better. Prequels had worse scripts but better world and characters.

Is it online?

Holy shit, the last episode of The Mandalorian was so good. I absolutely can’t wait for season 2!

Also, someone in it mentioned “the siege of Mandalore,” which I’m pretty sure is an event that is going to be depicted in the seventh season of The Clone Wars, which comes out in February! I’m HYPED.

For those who don’t want to watch the entire cartoon, it might be at least worth checking out the Mandalore-centric episodes and arcs as it looks like they might tie in to this show as it goes on. It’s probably around 8 episodes total if I’m remembering right. The later ones are some of the best stuff in Clone Wars. I can list which exact episodes they are sometime soon. Also a few Rebels episodes. But right now, I’m going to bed.

• Like 1

Dang, Rogue One was great!  Vader is the shit! 

IV - V - VI (9.5/10). See them as collective.  Empire is pretty sweet but I still like Return as much.

Rogue One, III (8/10).  Think these are of high standard. Ep III is more epic and all, but I never loved Anakin and that NoOoOo at the end holds it back.

Solo (7/10). I liked it.

I, Last Jedi (6/10). I mean, they're not good for the story, but they're entertaining.  

II (4/10).  Just kind of a dodgy movie, the romance is unbearable but we did get some great actors here and cool settings.

Force Awakens, Rise (2/10). Garbage. Hate both these movies. Lazy, uninspired, horrible.  Could go on for a while about both of these.  Original cast moments, sure. Have your 2.

• Crab 2

So many people are trying to convince everyone that Rise of Skywalker is a bad movie, it is ridiculous. Going through all the plot holes, telling us how it has lower audience scores, not making as much money as other movies etc. Honestly, who gives a shit. It's not a perfect movie but it is entertaining and enjoyable to watch, which is the only thing I care about.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

Yeah I liked it from the start but I do think my reaction may have been a bit tainted by the critics reviews and nitpicks I was seeing. Saw it for the third time the other day and it was thoroughly enjoyable in almost every way. 

The break neck pacing left me a bit exhausted on the first viewing, but as things settled down with repeat viewings I’m realizing how awesome the movie is. 

3 hours ago, Ghent said:

Yeah I liked it from the start but I do think my reaction may have been a bit tainted by the critics reviews and nitpicks I was seeing. Saw it for the third time the other day and it was thoroughly enjoyable in almost every way. 

The break neck pacing left me a bit exhausted on the first viewing, but as things settled down with repeat viewings I’m realizing how awesome the movie is. 

giphy.gif

• Haha 1

Alright, I've still only seen this movie once. Just bought a ticket to see it again tomorrow, finally. The holidays were great, but they were hectic, so I haven't been able to see it a second time yet! I just know that I enjoyed The Last Jedi a lot more the second time I saw it and I'm hoping the same will happen for this movie. I liked it the first time but my feelings about it are still kind of all over the place. This is the last SW in theaters for a few years and I definitely want to see it a few times while I still can. I still get so hyped every time I see "A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away..." pop up on a movie theater screen, even though over the last five years I've seen that plenty of times at this point.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, Cheerios4u98 said:

Alright, I've still only seen this movie once. Just bought a ticket to see it again tomorrow, finally. The holidays were great, but they were hectic, so I haven't been able to see it a second time yet! I just know that I enjoyed The Last Jedi a lot more the second time I saw it and I'm hoping the same will happen for this movie. I liked it the first time but my feelings about it are still kind of all over the place. This is the last SW in theaters for a few years and I definitely want to see it a few times while I still can. I still get so hyped every time I see "A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away..." pop up on a movie theater screen, even though over the last five years I've seen that plenty of times at this point.

Same here. I swear it almost brings a tear to my eyes. 

• Love 1

Seeing it again, different parts hit me very differently this time. Finn crying in happiness at the end got me this time. People say he didn’t have a good arc but his story was great imo.

I still have a few issues with it, but the parts that I love, I love so much that anything I don’t like doesn’t really matter in comparison.

I still wish we could have seen Anakin. That’s the one big thing I was really hoping for that didn’t happen. But hearing his voice was still very cool. Going in this time knowing who all of the Jedi voices were thanks to the internet made that specific scene so much better for me, and I already loved that scene the first time. Hearing Kanan from Rebels say “in the heart of a Jedi lies her strength” was so cool. Rebels is my favorite Disney-era Star Wars story and Kanan “appearing” in this movie was a great addition to the end of his story.

Everything with Kylo Ren/Ben Solo was amazing. It makes me want a prequel of some sort (a Disney+ series maybe?) of his time as a Jedi with Luke. Because light side Ben kicked was awesome and I want to see more of him now!

So here is the supposed list of "confirmed" deleted scenes that have been leaked by various sources that Thomas D was referencing above. How legit they are i don't know but it wouldn't surprise me that Disney had a big hand in the editing of the film.

-Extended Luke/Leia training scene that would open the movie and lead directly into the Rey/Leia training scene.

-Extended Kylo quest. He visits an oracle in a swamp planet for information of the source of Snoke’s power and is sent to Mustafar, where he and the Knights of Ren fight some dark side cultists living in Vader’s castle and retrieve Vader’s Wayfinder. Hux and Pryde are there, and Kylo humiliates Hux in front of everybody, while Pryde orders more kids to be rounded up to be turned into Stormtroopers.

-Extended Kylo/Palpatine meeting with actual explanations about Palpatine’s survival. Apparently, his original body was destroyed in the Death Star’s explosion, but his spirit survived by possessing cloned bodies, which quickly decay, hence why he needs to possess Rey.

-Alternative Finn/Poe introduction with them stealing bacta from a First Order base on a tropical planet before leaving to meet the horned guy.

-Rey/Rose and Leia/Rose interactions at the rebel base (Most of Rose’s stuff got cut, apparently).

-A bunch of Klaud scenes (Apparently he came along for most of the movie, but always stayed behind trying to fix the Falcon).

-Kylo/Hux interactions at Kylo’s Star Destroyer, mostly Kylo humiliating Hux to set up his betrayal later.

-In Pasaana, Lando talks about how he was on a mission with Luke to track down the Sith dagger when the First Order kidnapped his daughter, and Lando was so torn about it he left the rebellion and just stayed in Pasaana drinking his sorrows.

-In Kijimi, the gang is betrayed by a bounty hunter on Zorii’s crew who sells them out to the First Order, leading to a shootout. Babu Frik uploads a combat programming in C-3P0 and he becomes an aggressive battle droid and uses Chewie’s bowcaster. Zorii rescues the gang in her ship and uses the medallion to bypass the First Order’s scans. In this version she doesn’t give it to Poe beforehand.

-In the Death star ruins, Rey and Kylo have “Force Flashes” of places of the past during their fight. Also, Rey straight up kills Kylo and then brings him back to life using the Force.

-More Finn/Jannah scenes in the forest planet.

-In the rebel base, Poe broadcasts a message from Leia to the galaxy calling them to battle, but nobody answers, so the rebels go to Exogol ready to die, setting up that big moment when Lando shows up with an army of reinforcements that answered Leia’s call.

-Extended final battle with a lot of stuff, like Finn and Jannah rescuing the kidnapped children, Connix being injured and rescued by Rose, etc.

-Alternative Rey & Kylo/Palpatine confrontation. Palpatine drains Kylo to death and either becomes young/possesses a young clone/possesses one of the Knights of Ren (any way, he becomes Matt Smith) and fights Rey. The rest proceeds as usual (Rey deflects the Force lightning back at Palpatine and kills him). In this version, there are no Jedi spirits, just the Force ghosts of Luke and Leia showing up to hold off Palpatine’s lightning while Rey regains her strength.

-There is one version of Kylo gets possessed by Palpatine after Palpatine’s young body gets destroyed and begs Rey to kill him, which she does. Since she didn’t strike Kylo down in anger, Palpatine can’t possess her and vanishes.

-Finn/Jannah romantic-esque hug in the post-battle celebrations.

-Lando realizes Jannah is his daughter and they happily reunite.

-Alternative ending where Finn, Poe, Chewbacca, C3P-0, R2-D2, BB-0 and D-0 are in Tatooine with Rey.

Spoiler tagged only cause it is  a large list. Honestly some of those were definitely needed and would have improved the film. Doubt we'd ever see a directors cut.
  • Like 2