Star Wars Episode 9 (SPOILERS!!!!)

Ghent

Just now, Tom Bot said:

I still gotta get around to watching Solo and the Mandalorian. Was Solo as bad as the negative press suggested? 

Solo is my favorite of all the new movies. Not a super important story but lots of fun and probably felt the closest to the original Star Wars of any of the new ones for me, even without Jedi or Force stuff.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Ghent said:

Solo and the Mandalorian are both awesome.

Solo would have been viewed in a completely different light had it not come out right after TLJ.

I enjoyed the solo movie, not sure why it was shit on, it wasn't bad at all.

18 hours ago, Speedo said:

I enjoyed the solo movie, not sure why it was shit on, it wasn't bad at all.

There wasn't much of anything wrong with Solo, in fact it was one of the stronger Star Wars releases under Disney's umbrella.  It just followed the highly polarizing Last Jedi, and came out at an odd time of the year too.  I also wasn't crazy that they fired Lord and Miller as I tend to love anything they ever direct.  Still end result was a pretty solid movie.  Having said that, I'm not crazy about the implication that Lando used to get it on with his droid, film could have done entirely without that aspect of it and no quality would be lost.

don't know if anyone is watching but me, but the first episode of the final Clone Wars arc came out and wow it feels like the quality of the show just skyrocketed. They're going all out for this finale. It's starting to overlap with Revenge of the Sith. This is gonna get crazy.

25 minutes ago, Cheerios4u98 said:

don't know if anyone is watching but me, but the first episode of the final Clone Wars arc came out and wow it feels like the quality of the show just skyrocketed. They're going all out for this finale. It's starting to overlap with Revenge of the Sith. This is gonna get crazy.

I know you’ve given me a list in the past, but damn I wish I could just watch the episodes meaningful to the overall storyline. I just can’t find myself patient enough to watch filler episodes, which is mainly what the show was, at least at first. I’d love to join in and catch the end

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ghent said:

I know you’ve given me a list in the past, but damn I wish I could just watch the episodes meaningful to the overall storyline. I just can’t find myself patient enough to watch filler episodes, which is mainly what the show was, at least at first. I’d love to join in and catch the end

I’ll look through and try to put together a list of what I think are important episodes for this final arc for anyone who wants to jump in without watching 7 whole seasons of stuff. It’s hard to recommend the show to anyone because while it has some of the best stuff in Star Wars it has a lot of duds too. Especially in the early seasons it’s more duds than great imo.

• Like 1

Alright, browsing through the episodes I think these are the most important ones to see before the finale. These aren't all amazing episodes, but most of them are good and some of them are great. They're mostly episodes that involve Mandalorians and Darth Maul because the finale is has a lot to do with those two things. Likely these episodes will also provide good background info for future seasons of The Mandalorian.

There are other great episodes of the show that aren't on this list, because they aren't very important in the context of the finale (as far as I know so far!) I didn't want the list to be super long. But I can list some other good episodes later. This is basically a whole season's worth of episodes, so it's better than 7 whole seasons! Here are the ones that I think are the most crucial to understanding or enjoying the finale:

Season 2, episodes 12-14: some early Mandalorian stuff, provides some good context for what comes later. 

Season 3, episodes 13+14: building up to some Maul stuff.

Season 4, episode 14: Mandalorian episode featuring Ahsoka, who's not in most of the episodes I'm listing but is basically the main character of the end of the series, so might as well watch this one too

Season 4, episode 21+22: Maul stuff

Season 5, episode 1, and episodes 14-16: Maul/Mandalore stuff

Season 5, episodes 17-20: important Ahsoka arc

(optional: season 7, episodes 5-8: Another Ahoska arc that just shows what she's up to in between the last arc and the finale. Not an amazing arc but if you want a little more context for where Ahsoka's at, go for it. I wouldn't say this one's very important though)

Season 7, episode 9-the end: The Siege of Mandalore series finale.

ironically you don't even need to watch the rest of season 7 to enjoy the end of it imo. They're pretty good episodes but since Clone Wars just jumps around between different individual stories, the first part of season 7 isn't very relevant to what comes next.

• 1 month later...
On 4/17/2020 at 10:10 PM, Cheerios4u98 said:

Fuck...The last 3/4 episodes were insane. The final shots of the last episode, with the trippy blade runner synths playing in the background- Vader slowly looking up. Incredible.

Love Anakin’s portrayal in TCW

• Love 1

5 hours ago, _Bagel said:

Fuck...The last 3/4 episodes were insane. The final shots of the last episode, with the trippy blade runner synths playing in the background- Vader slowly looking up. Incredible.

Love Anakin’s portrayal in TCW

I think the last 4 episodes of TCW are some of the best Star Wars ever now. It was so good! And yes I loved the Blade Runner sounding music. I hope whatever animated series comes next is of similar quality because it was fantastic.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Ghent said:

I'd like them to do a big budget animated series now that wasn't full of pointless filler episodes. Dive deep into a serialized story and stick with it.

It'll be live action, but isn't it confirmed that they'll be doing a Kenobi series on Disney+? Think these series are definitely the future of the franchise, allows for deep exploration in every nook and cranny. Would love to see a Band of Brothers style show centred on a Rebel Squad during the Civil War. We had Rogue One, but I want more. Yeah, even in the final season TCW couldn't escape some filler

• Like 1

1 hour ago, _Bagel said:

It'll be live action, but isn't it confirmed that they'll be doing a Kenobi series on Disney+? Think these series are definitely the future of the franchise, allows for deep exploration in every nook and cranny. Would love to see a Band of Brothers style show centred on a Rebel Squad during the Civil War. We had Rogue One, but I want more. Yeah, even in the final season TCW couldn't escape some filler

We’re getting a Rogue One prequel series too! Can’t wait for that!

• Like 1

• 4 months later...