Star Wars Episode 9 (SPOILERS!!!!)

Ghent

26 minutes ago, Cheerios4u98 said:

well...

main-qimg-4e8c2495a5530e57e2223492f999b0

With that said, I hope we do get a continuation of the story eventually, and I do hope Ben Solo remains a part of it as a Force ghost. I feel like Rey being a part of a dyad with someone who is no longer alive but is still around could be super interesting.

Ha that’s different. Only Luke could seem that. Imagine the scenes at the celebration if Supreme Leader Kylo Ren just hops out of the X wing. Terror.

11 minutes ago, Russel Coight said:

Ha that’s different. Only Luke could seem that. Imagine the scenes at the celebration if Supreme Leader Kylo Ren just hops out of the X wing. Terror.

I'm actually surprised they didn't show Ghost Ben at the end. But yeah that would have been funny if he'd survived. He'd probably have to go into hiding for the rest of his life.

Gotta wonder how long it will take for fans to clamor for Daisy Ridley to return as Rey. She was great in the role and whether she likes it or not I think she is going to be Mark Hamilled and Carrie Fishered into that identity permanently. As the years pass I’m sure the fandom will want her back to do another Trilogy. Will take awhile though. Hopefully they can fill in enough blanks with the TV series to make the sequel trilogy make more sense in the grand scheme of things.

I loved TFA and TLJ, but Rise…something just wasn’t right there. Not a fulfilling conclusion to the Sequel Trilogy, let alone the saga. The only real Disney mistake for me so far. They caved to dumb online trolls and whiners. Should have stayed on TLJ’s path instead of trying (and failing) to retcon it.

1 hour ago, Cheerios4u98 said:

I'm actually surprised they didn't show Ghost Ben at the end. But yeah that would have been funny if he'd survived. He'd probably have to go into hiding for the rest of his life.

He could be like Sirius Black in Harry Potter. Part of the good team but works in the shadows. I’m into it. 

46 minutes ago, Ghent said:

Gotta wonder how long it will take for fans to clamor for Daisy Ridley to return as Rey. She was great in the role and whether she likes it or not I think she is going to be Mark Hamilled and Carrie Fishered into that identity permanently. As the years pass I’m sure the fandom will want her back to do another Trilogy. Will take awhile though. Hopefully they can fill in enough blanks with the TV series to make the sequel trilogy make more sense in the grand scheme of things.

I loved TFA and TLJ, but Rise…something just wasn’t right there. Not a fulfilling conclusion to the Sequel Trilogy, let alone the saga. The only real Disney mistake for me so far. They caved to dumb online trolls and whiners. Should have stayed on TLJ’s path instead of trying (and failing) to retcon it.

I’m a big fan of Diasy as Rey. Don’t get the hate tbh.

I still think TLJ is the weakest of the trilogy. I still think JJ should have done the whole trilogy. Or at least work out a plan for the whole thing. 

17 hours ago, Russel Coight said:

I’m a big fan of Diasy as Rey. Don’t get the hate tbh.

I still think TLJ is the weakest of the trilogy. I still think JJ should have done the whole trilogy. Or at least work out a plan for the whole thing. 

If you’re going to do a TLJ that throws everything on its head, you have to stick to it. Or like you said, just have JJ do all three.

17 hours ago, Russel Coight said:

I think I’m the opposite. TLJ is my favorite one and I wish Rian Johnson did the whole trilogy.

Still, the last movie was doomed when Carrie died. It was supposed to be the Leia movie, after TFA was the Han movie and TLJ was the Luke movie. Sad they couldn’t have delayed it to make it work a bit better.

5 hours ago, Ghent said:

If you’re going to do a TLJ that throws everything on its head, you have to stick to it. Or like you said, just have JJ do all three.

4 hours ago, Cheerios4u98 said:

I think I’m the opposite. TLJ is my favorite one and I wish Rian Johnson did the whole trilogy.

I don’t think it would def need to be JJ or RJ doing the whole trilogy but Lucasfilm really needed to come up with a plan for the whole trilogy and just stick with it. You can still have multiple directors or just 1 but have them sticking to the plan so we don’t get what happened in Rise of Skywalker basically retconning the previous movie.

4 hours ago, Cheerios4u98 said:

Still, the last movie was doomed when Carrie died. It was supposed to be the Leia movie, after TFA was the Han movie and TLJ was the Luke movie. Sad they couldn’t have delayed it to make it work a bit better.

Yeah Carrie dying really did mess with what they had. I watched it not too long ago and the scenes with her in it are very jarring. It is just way too obvious she wasn’t actually there for the filming of those scenes.

yeah, I'm glad she was in it, and I'm sure it was the best they could have done with what limited usable footage they had leftover from deleted scenes, but it's such a bummer because her "conversations" don't feel natural. Because they're not.

But yeah, I liked the sequel trilogy mostly. It's not the best, but I genuinely love pretty much all of the characters, so even if the trilogy itself wasn't that great, the potential for future stories with this cast of characters could be pretty great. I just want to see the Jedi Order restored. That's what I expected we'd see in the sequels and we didn't. Show me Rey's new Jedi Order with Jedi Finn and a whole new generation of Jedi Knights. That could be so cool.

• 1 month later...

Can’t remember if I shared this back then, but here’s my nearly 4-hour edit that combines Revenge of the Sith with the final four episodes of The Clone Wars. I finished it two years ago today on May the 4th, literally just a couple hours after the final Clone Wars episode was released. It’s not a perfect edit, a couple transitions are pretty abrupt, but overall it’s my preferred way to watch the movie now, at least if I have that much time to kill watching a movie.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/14jffeLPyAq4Nq5j35_xBkt88jrgVidl_/view

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Russel Coight said:
  Hide contents

I’m enjoyed it! I liked the feel or part 1 more than part 2. I wasn’t expecting Leia at all in this show for some reason so it now being Obi Wan and Leia is awesome.

Excited for more. 

Spoiler

I wasn’t expecting Leia either but the fact that she’s already Queen of Sass™ is so perfect haha. This is definitely the girl who blatantly lied to Darth Vader and made fun of Tarkin to his face. Also cool to finally see Alderaan. Luke definitely got the shit end of the deal going to Tatooine.

• Like 1

The Obi-Wan show legitimately scares me. There’s a lot at stake here with my fanboy history and I’m uncomfortable with it. It’s not that I don’t want it to exist, but it’s sacred ground that needs to be treated right. I’m hoping for universal praise before I watch it.

I’m scared. I don’t want cartoon stuff to convolute or dilute? this period.

The thought of a botched Obi-Wan post-ROTS is too much for me.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ghent said:

The Obi-Wan show legitimately scares me. There’s a lot at stake here with my fanboy history and I’m uncomfortable with it. It’s not that I don’t want it to exist, but it’s sacred ground that needs to be treated right. I’m hoping for universal praise before I watch it.

I’m scared. I don’t want cartoon stuff to convolute or dilute? this period.

The thought of a botched Obi-Wan post-ROTS is too much for me.

So far I love it! And as much as I’ve loved The Mandalorian and Boba Fett, this series has a completely different feel to those, which I really like. It feels like a proper sequel to the prequel trilogy so far. I have high hopes for the rest of it because it has started off really strong imo.

Also, so far the cartoons haven’t really had anything to do with this series. Other than the fact the Inquisitors were first seen in Rebels. This series even has a brief recap of key moments from the past before it starts and it’s purely prequel clips, no Clone Wars or anything. So it should be accessible to anyone I think.

It’s probably one of my favorite Disney era things so far, so I hope it stays this good!

• Like 1

This also just got announced. Takes place 5 years after the first game which was 5 years after the Jedi purge, which puts it in the same year as Kenobi is taking place in. Wonder if we will get a tie in? Maybe Cal makes an appearance. 

• Like 1

I loved the first game. Easily one of the best Star Wars games I’ve played. Can’t wait for the next one!

One weird thing is that even though I love Cal I kind of want him to die. The idea of other Jedi being alive during the original trilogy feels wrong to me. We already know Ahsoka lived through those movies and so far we have no idea what she was up to that whole time. But I don’t want that to keep happening. Maybe the Fallen Order games will be a trilogy or something but however long it goes on for I just think Cal should not live into the original trilogy timeline.