Star Wars Episode 9 (SPOILERS!!!!)

Ghent

Spoiler

The de-aging in Star Wars is very inconsistent lol but I’ve loved every use of it so far. I knew this had to happen. There was no reason to cast Hayden as Vader if we were only ever going to see him in the suit. Hayden wasn’t Vader in Rogue One.

Vader holding two lightsabers was something I didn’t know I wanted. That shit looked so cool haha 

I love Mando and Boba but this is easily my favorite of the three shows so far. It doesn’t quite feel like it has a movie budget but it’s been so good that I don’t care. Ewan was one of the best things about the prequels by far and he’s even better in this. I really hope the finale is a longer episode though. This series could have been a movie at this length unless the finale is extra long.

• Like 1

Holy fuck this series was great. And just as I was starting to get bummed that they hadn’t played certain musical themes, they played them and it kicked me right in the heart. I can’t wait to watch A New Hope again with this new context. I loved this show so much. Easily my favorite of the Disney+ shows so far.

Straight up amazing. Why oh why couldn’t that have been a movie trilogy? So fucking awesome but with a bigger budget would have been truly mind blowing.

The only reason I can think of why it wouldn’t work is because it would mess with the order of the movies and be weird for the saga. 

Either way, that was so good and well done for television. Especially dealing with such sacred terrain. Could have been a major botch job. Really stays true to everything that came before and after.

How cool was it to see Vader in full strength really for the first time ever? 

• Love 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/22/2022 at 9:18 PM, Mr Blonde said:

Is Rebels worth a watch? Dunno if I can be arsed with animated shit. Where is rebels in the Star Wars timeline?

I think Rebels is great if you can accept that it's geared towards a younger audience. The first half of the first season feels like a Disney kid's show but it picks up in the second half and then every season gets better and more mature than the previous one. Season 3 and 4 are especially great imo. It starts like 4-ish years before A New Hope and as the series goes on it starts connecting more to the movies, especially Rogue One. It's probably my favorite Star Wars show along with Obi-Wan. But even I had a hard time getting into it at first.

16 hours ago, Cheerios4u98 said:

I think Rebels is great if you can accept that it's geared towards a younger audience. The first half of the first season feels like a Disney kid's show but it picks up in the second half and then every season gets better and more mature than the previous one. Season 3 and 4 are especially great imo. It starts like 4-ish years before A New Hope and as the series goes on it starts connecting more to the movies, especially Rogue One. It's probably my favorite Star Wars show along with Obi-Wan. But even I had a hard time getting into it at first.

I weirdly enjoyed Resistance more than the other ones and its story line was largely inconsequential and even more childlike.. So my relationship with the cartoons is all around weird. I can barely watch Clone Wars. It just annoys me for some reason

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ghent said:

I weirdly enjoyed Resistance more than the other ones and its story line was largely inconsequential and even more childlike.. So my relationship with the cartoons is all around weird. I can barely watch Clone Wars. It just annoys me for some reason

I liked Resistance too lol. Clone Wars is weird because it’s so inconsistent. It had some of the best stuff in it and then some of the worst stuff. It doesn’t have a storyline really and just jumps around between stories about different characters. When it’s good it’s good, but it’s not always good. That seems to be most people’s favorite of the animated shows though.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 9/21/2022 at 4:08 AM, Cheerios4u98 said:

Andor kicks ass. I love it. It feels so different from every other Star Wars, in a good way. It’s more of a slow burn thriller so far. I can’t wait for more. It really does feel much higher quality than the previous Disney+ shows.

I made the mistake of watching only the first two and then waiting a week. Without the third episode, the first two don't hold up nearly as well.

This show is going places. There is no catering to any expectations and it's clearly for adults with critical thinking abilities, which is refreshing.

It doesn't rely on the usual SW tropes, but still feels like SW

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Ghent said:

I made the mistake of watching only the first two and then waiting a week. Without the third episode, the first two don't hold up nearly as well.

This show is going places. There is no catering to any expectations and it's clearly for adults with critical thinking abilities, which is refreshing.

It doesn't rely on the usual SW tropes, but still feels like SW

Oh yeah they definitely released the first three together for a reason. That third episode was the real hook.

The only thing I’m worried about is that getting only one episode per week now might not be as satisfying if the rest of the show moves at the same pace. We’ll see I guess. Could end up being a show that’s better to binge when the whole season is out. But I love it so far!

2 minutes ago, Cheerios4u98 said:

Oh yeah they definitely released the first three together for a reason. That third episode was the real hook.

The only thing I’m worried about is that getting only one episode per week now might not be as satisfying if the rest of the show moves at the same pace. We’ll see I guess. Could end up being a show that’s better to binge when the whole season is out. But I love it so far!

Maybe it will move faster now that his roots have been laid out?

My main complaint so far is that I have trouble understanding the dialogue. Everything is whispered and fast. The acting side of the dialogue is great, I just have trouble making some of it out. Gets distracting

• Like 1

Based on the trailers I’m excited to finally see Coruscant again for the first time since Revenge of the Sith (in live action at least). One of my favorite Star Wars planets.

In fact really any modern connection to the prequels with better writing makes me very happy. Hayden Christensen kicked ass as Darth Vader despite everyone always complaining about how much he sucked in the prequels. Higher quality writing using prequels content is great.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Ghent said:

My main complaint so far is that I have trouble understanding the dialogue. Everything is whispered and fast. The acting side of the dialogue is great, I just have trouble making some of it out. Gets distracting

I haven’t watched this yet but I feel like this is just a problem in general with tv shows these days. Outside of sitcoms and episodic comedies I find myself always having to have subtitles on to understand what’s going on. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Russel Coight said:

I haven’t watched this yet but I feel like this is just a problem in general with tv shows these days. Outside of sitcoms and episodic comedies I find myself always having to have subtitles on to understand what’s going on. 

Yep I have trouble with Rings of Power too. I was just giving my brother shit the other day for having closed captioning turned on Disney+ and that was his reasoning