Star Wars Episode 9 (SPOILERS!!!!)

Ghent

15 hours ago, Gan said:

Is that a good SW game for the ps4?

Didn’t see this until now and I saw you started Battlefront 2. Jedi Fallen Order was a really fun single player game IMO. It’s getting a sequel soon that I’m really looking forward to. Squadrons is pretty cool but it’s kind of hard, it’s like a flight sim Star Wars game that’s a little overly complicated in my opinion, but not bad. That one has online multiplayer modes and a single player campaign. I don’t know about on PS4 but I know that on PC all of these games seems to go on sale fairly regularly. So I’m assuming they probably do on PS4 as well.

that’s really it as far as modern Star Wars games. You’d think with the gigantic revival of Star Wars under Disney that we’d have had tons of new games by now, but we’ve hardly had any. The few that we did get (other than the first Battlefront imo) have all been pretty good though.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

God.

Watched some of the Sequel Trilogy again as I've been ill. I felt angry about it all over again, shit is insulting. It reduces established myth, the actions of Luke and Vader.

All the blame shouldn't be placed on Rian Johnson - JJ hit the reset button and undid any hard work, whilst not showing any of the important developments of the New Republic/Luke's Academy on screen. Rian thought he could fix that by 'subverting' - just because you subvert, doesn't make it smart. What a mess of a trilogy. So much wasted potential.

1 hour ago, _Bagel said:

God.

Watched some of the Sequel Trilogy again as I've been ill. I felt angry about it all over again, shit is insulting. It reduces established myth, the actions of Luke and Vader.

All the blame shouldn't be placed on Rian Johnson - JJ hit the reset button and undid any hard work, whilst not showing any of the important developments of the New Republic/Luke's Academy on screen. Rian thought he could fix that by 'subverting' - just because you subvert, doesn't make it smart. What a mess of a trilogy. So much wasted potential.

Were you hoping the ST killed the illness before killing you? What a sick form of chemo.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I loved the droid repair shack full of Babu Frik guys... That species might be the best thing to come out of Rise of Skywalker 😂

When Grogu tries to pick the one up and it makes him look even more like a shitty little puppet than he already did...haha, love it. Characters and species like that are so much better in puppet form than CGI. Even if they "look fake" they FEEL REAL.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Cheerios4u98 said:

got hyped af this week when a certain actor appeared on screen lol

Reveal hidden contents

MAIN-Star-Wars.jpg

The prequels were not that bad.. yes they are like - kid star wars movies, but ultimately still had some star wars swagger.  And even though they can't hold a candle to the original classics, there were moments.. they also make me laugh how they fluctuate from being a kids movie, to dismembering people brutally (Jango Fett, Anakin) or killing a room of kid jedis. 

I honestly liked the story..I just consider it one big set up for the classics..and not meant to rival them in quality.  The storyline of 'Vader origins' is substantially better than 'return of palpatines, re-hash lightside/darkside stuff, etc'.

I know this is now a video game thread, but I just finally saw Episode 9, no distractions, in full, honest attempt.

That might be the worst movie I've seen.  Holy shit.  On the brightside, it makes Episode 7 and 8 more bearable, but it's so so bad.  Like what the fuck?  They basically just took every OG trilogy thought/idea/character and then X10'd everything, with CGI.  

Spaceships battles of 100 ships last time? HERE'S 1,000,000 SHIPS!  Emperor Palpatine lighting - X10!!  Darkside/lightside inner turmoil... X2!! Ray AND Kylo should have died from that but magically didn't X2!!

Lando was the only return character that was willing to collect the paycheck and give honest effort, it felt so awkward how much Mark Hammil didn't want to be there or phone it in.

Shit was wild.  2/10 movie, worst of all 9 imho.

Makes you really realize how classic the original were the older you get.  Space opera.  

Carrie was the only one of the big three that didn't hate SW and it took her until like her 50s to finally give up and embrace it. Hamill is a SW edgelord. He thinks his work as the Joker is his biggest career achievement ffs.

I still love the guy, but I'm not sure his opinions on anything SW related are relevant. Pretty sure he's only seen the OT like one time.

And yeah, ROS was a big disappointment. They either should have stuck with JJ's vision after TFA or stuck with Rian's vision in TLJ. Instead we got a bastardized version of both with really weird ideas like Rey being Palpatine's granddaughter.

Why wasn't she just Han and Leia's twin to Kylo, stolen at birth or something. She developed father/mother bonds with both of them in the previous two.

Palpatines GRANDDAUGHTER? What the puke? Who came up with that turd?