Star Wars Episode 9 (SPOILERS!!!!)

Ghent

16 minutes ago, Cheerios4u98 said:

I still think 2 is the worst. But I don’t hate it, I just love it less than the others. Seeing Yoda fight Dooku as a 4th grader was the coolest thing in the world at the time lol. The only one I really don’t like is the animated Clone Wars movie. Star Wars animation has come a long way since then, thankfully.

Oh I agree, seeing Yoda fight brings me chills to this day lol. I rewatched that movie a million times just to see the end sequence.

People forget that George Lucas directed that turd of a Clone Wars movie... People will shit on some Disney material like it never would have happened under Lucas, but they forget about that movie. There was also the animated Clone Wars series on Cartoon Network that I remember being really bad.

5 minutes ago, Ghent said:

Oh I agree, seeing Yoda fight brings me chills to this day lol. I rewatched that movie a million times just to see the end sequence.

People forget that George Lucas directed that turd of a Clone Wars movie... People will shit on some Disney material like it never would have happened under Lucas, but they forget about that movie. There was also the animated Clone Wars series on Cartoon Network that I remember being really bad.

That series is funny in retrospect because it depicted General Grievous as a terrifying unstoppable Jedi-killing machine before Revenge of the Sith came out, only for him to turn out to actually be an overconfident yet cowardly cyborg with bad asthma lol

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Ghent said:

That clone wars movie was just 3 episodes from the show stitched together. Still wasn't that great, but the Clone Wars show itself? It's actually really good. Especially the later seasons.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, allsystemsgo said:

That clone wars movie was just 3 episodes from the show stitched together. Still wasn't that great, but the Clone Wars show itself? It's actually really good. Especially the later seasons.

Wasn't my cup of tea, but that wasn't the series I was referencing here. There was an animated Clone Wars series on Cartoon Network before the more popular one started.

b17f5b00-8727-11eb-9f5b-28afc55b4917

s-l500.jpg

6 minutes ago, Ghent said:

Wasn't my cup of tea, but that wasn't the series I was referencing here. There was an animated Clone Wars series on Cartoon Network before the more popular one started.

b17f5b00-8727-11eb-9f5b-28afc55b4917

s-l500.jpg

Ah, I still like Genndy's Clone Wars, even if it was a bit outlandish at times. Like when Mace Windu bodied hundreds of droids with just his fists.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, allsystemsgo said:

The Clone Wars has some of the best Star Wars of all time but also some of the worst. It’s pretty uneven but it definitely gets more consistently good in later seasons. The final arc of the last season is easily one of my favorite Star Wars things ever.

1 minute ago, Cheerios4u98 said:

The Clone Wars has some of the best Star Wars of all time but also some of the worst. It’s pretty uneven but it definitely gets more consistently good in later seasons. The final arc of the last season is easily one of my favorite Star Wars things ever.

One of my favorite moments from that final season.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XQBVHCqKoOA

• Love 1

6 minutes ago, allsystemsgo said:

One of my favorite moments from that final season.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XQBVHCqKoOA

Such a good ending. They really hit it out of the park with that final season.

Overall Rebels is my favorite animated series (maybe my favorite Star Wars series period, including the live action ones. It’s that or Andor lol) but Clone Wars had some moments that surpassed everything.

1 minute ago, Cheerios4u98 said:

Such a good ending. They really hit it out of the park with that final season.

Overall Rebels is my favorite animated series (maybe my favorite Star Wars series period, including the live action ones. It’s that or Andor lol) but Clone Wars had some moments that surpassed everything.

I still haven't given Rebels a fair shake. I don't know, there's something about it I find off-putting. Maybe someday.

1 minute ago, allsystemsgo said:

I still haven't given Rebels a fair shake. I don't know, there's something about it I find off-putting. Maybe someday.

It starts out a bit too childish but every season is better than the previous one. I love it but I admit it took me a while to get into as well.

1 hour ago, Cheerios4u98 said:

I still think 2 is the worst. But I don’t hate it, I just love it less than the others. Seeing Yoda fight Dooku as a 4th grader was the coolest thing in the world at the time lol. The only one I really don’t like is the animated Clone Wars movie. Star Wars animation has come a long way since then, thankfully.

2 can be argued the worst, but the Genosis stuff and whole world building was pretty cool no?  I feel like while it was LAME the love story and stuff, at least they HAD a clear direction and story, unlike the sequels imo, where they would just throw random stuff in that was star wars related and dismiss any coherent story.

Prequels were pretty straight forward.  Origin of Vader, friends/characters attached to that story, Jedi Council, Emperor Palpatine rise, young-er Yoda, Obi-Wans prequel, the final purple lightsaber, etc. 

The sequels were just messy.

51 minutes ago, RELEASE SOMETHING said:

2 can be argued the worst, but the Genosis stuff and whole world building was pretty cool no?  I feel like while it was LAME the love story and stuff, at least they HAD a clear direction and story, unlike the sequels imo, where they would just throw random stuff in that was star wars related and dismiss any coherent story.

Prequels were pretty straight forward.  Origin of Vader, friends/characters attached to that story, Jedi Council, Emperor Palpatine rise, young-er Yoda, Obi-Wans prequel, the final purple lightsaber, etc. 

The sequels were just messy.

I love so much about 2. I love all the live-action movies. I even love C-3PO’s stupid puns in 2 lol. It’s low on my list but I’m such a sucker for Star Wars, I don’t dislike any of them.

29 minutes ago, Cheerios4u98 said:

I love so much about 2. I love all the live-action movies. I even love C-3PO’s stupid puns in 2 lol. It’s low on my list but I’m such a sucker for Star Wars, I don’t dislike any of them.

There were so many cool aspects of II. The seedy underbelly of Coruscant. The noir vibe of Obi-Wan’s investigation. There was a lot to love. I also have to always skip the droid refinery scene - but apart from that, give me some Dex Jettser and his butt crack 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, _Bagel said:

There were so many cool aspects of II. The seedy underbelly of Coruscant. The noir vibe of Obi-Wan’s investigation. There was a lot to love. I also have to always skip the droid refinery scene - but apart from that, give me some Dex Jettser and his butt crack 

Honestly it’s stupid that Dex hasn’t been in anything since. Not even the clone wars which would have made tons of sense.

I’m sure he has a long lifespan. Put him in The Mandalorian.

• 2 weeks later...

BIG STAR WARS DROPS at Star Wars Celebration today!!

New movies coming!
-The story of the first Jedi, 25,000 years before the existing movies
-A Mandoverse movie
-New Jedi Order movie with Rey set 15 years after TROS

and an Ahsoka trailer!

I live for this shit. I'm hyped as hell right now lol

Also Andor season 2 probably coming summer 2024

This is day one of a 4-day (I think) con so there will likely be more reveals over the weekend.

• Like 2
  • Love 1