Jump to content
 

Star Wars Episode 9 (SPOILERS!!!!)


Ghent
 Share

Recommended Posts

9 hours ago, Cheerios4u98 said:

Mando season 2 was just non-stop amazing episodes for me so it’s probably going to be hard for most shows to top that, but I’m really liking Boba Fett so far!

They're quite a bit different. Just being set on Tatooine (and staying there) brings out the fanboy in me. For me, SW begins and ends on that planet. You can give me Jakuu, Pasaana, etc but none of them hit like the OG sand planet. Expanding the lore there is something I'm all for.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I’m very meh on it after watching the 3rd episode. I’m liking the lore expansion and stuff like that but the hover bike chase scene through the streets(?) of Tatooine had me a bit wtf.

I’ll keep watching but this doesn’t feel very “Star Wars” to me just yet.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Russel Coight said:

I’m very meh on it after watching the 3rd episode. I’m liking the lore expansion and stuff like that but the hover bike chase scene through the streets(?) of Tatooine had me a bit wtf.

I’ll keep watching but this doesn’t feel very “Star Wars” to me just yet.

I saw a lot of people melting down about the speeder bikes. I agree that they felt a bit out of place, but SW has already went there with the 1950s style greaser cafe scene in Episode 2 (Dex's Diner), so not completely out of nowhere. I didn't mind it.

The Hutts, the Rancor, all the Jabba's Palace easter eggs, the Tusken lore, the crime syndicates...I'm here for that stuff 😍

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, Ghent said:

I saw a lot of people melting down about the speeder bikes. I agree that they felt a bit out of place, but SW has already went there with the 1950s style greaser cafe scene in Episode 2 (Dex's Diner), so not completely out of nowhere. I didn't mind it.

The Hutts, the Rancor, all the Jabba's Palace easter eggs, the Tusken lore, the crime syndicates...I'm here for that stuff 😍

I’m not invested enough in this show to have a meltdown about it haha. It just felt weird and I kinda just started looking at my phone and glancing up at it until it was over. But yeah all other stuff you mentioned is great. I’m not a huge EU Star Wars guy. I mainly only know the movies, a few games and now the Disney shows so learning more about the whole universe is pretty neat.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Ghent said:

They're quite a bit different. Just being set on Tatooine (and staying there) brings out the fanboy in me. For me, SW begins and ends on that planet. You can give me Jakuu, Pasaana, etc but none of them hit like the OG sand planet. Expanding the lore there is something I'm all for.

I wonder if it really will stay on Tatooine the entire time. It seems like it will. And we’re getting the Obi-Wan show later this year that will also be mostly Tatooine.

fuck Jakku and Pasaana they should have just been Tatooine lol 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

46 minutes ago, Cheerios4u98 said:

@Ghent where is your screen name from? Because I know there are some cities named Ghent but I also know that Ghent is a character in the original Thrawn books which I know you’ve read lol

I have seriously wondered what a “Ghent” was for years.

  • Wow 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, Cheerios4u98 said:

@Ghent where is your screen name from? Because I know there are some cities named Ghent but I also know that Ghent is a character in the original Thrawn books which I know you’ve read lol

yeah it's from the original Thrawn trilogy! Ghent the slicer for Talon Karrde. I think I was going for an obscure SW reference that I didn't think anyone would ever get. But it was before the time where you could Google literally anything and figure out what it is. A Ghent google back then only showed a city in Belgium.

I think after like 15 years you're the first person who has naturally figured that out. I wish I could offer you a prize lol

image.png

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Ghent said:

yeah it's from the original Thrawn trilogy! Ghent the slicer for Talon Karrde. I think I was going for an obscure SW reference that I didn't think anyone would ever get. But it was before the time where you could Google literally anything and figure out what it is. A Ghent google back then only showed a city in Belgium.

I think after like 15 years you're the first person who has naturally figured that out. I wish I could offer you a prize lol

image.png

I’ve been wondering for a while since I reread those books a few years ago, but I guess I never thought to ask until now! Haha. That’s a Star Wars deep cut.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Ghent said:

yeah it's from the original Thrawn trilogy! Ghent the slicer for Talon Karrde. I think I was going for an obscure SW reference that I didn't think anyone would ever get. But it was before the time where you could Google literally anything and figure out what it is. A Ghent google back then only showed a city in Belgium.

I think after like 15 years you're the first person who has naturally figured that out. I wish I could offer you a prize lol

image.png

Always just assumed you were super into Belgium.

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, _Bagel said:

Is the 2017 Thrawn worth reading? I've just finished Catalyst by James Luceno, need my next fix.

I liked it! I don’t like all of the new Thrawn novels that much, but that first one was a pretty cool Thrawn “origin” story. I really liked the second one too. After that, they’re just okay imo. Not bad, but not great either.

Catalyst was a great tie-in to Rogue One. It came out before the movie, so I went into that movie with all this extra background information on the characters that made it really fun for me.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Cheerios4u98 said:

I liked it! I don’t like all of the new Thrawn novels that much, but that first one was a pretty cool Thrawn “origin” story. I really liked the second one too. After that, they’re just okay imo. Not bad, but not great either.

Catalyst was a great tie-in to Rogue One. It came out before the movie, so I went into that movie with all this extra background information on the characters that made it really fun for me.

Does it deal with like the inner-workings of the Empire/Galactic Civil War? I'm a fiend about all that stuff, I don't care as much about the Unknown Reasons/Chiss world etc.

Yeah, seriously adds a lot of weight to Krennic/Lyra/Galen's relationship and how entrapped he was. I like anything that threads together the PT and OT

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, _Bagel said:

Does it deal with like the inner-workings of the Empire/Galactic Civil War? I'm a fiend about all that stuff, I don't care as much about the Unknown Reasons/Chiss world etc.

Yeah, seriously adds a lot of weight to Krennic/Lyra/Galen's relationship and how entrapped he was. I like anything that threads together the PT and OT

The 2017 Thrawn book is basically the story of when Thrawn first joined the Empire right up until he was promoted to Grand Admiral. The whole book takes place during the Galactic Civil War and you definitely get a unique inside look at a lot of Empire stuff.

The newer Thrawn Ascendancy trilogy is before he joined the empire and is all about the Chiss and takes place almost completely in the unknown regions. I didn't like those ones as much. Great worldbuilding but not very interesting stories imo.

  • Love 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

@Cheerios4u98 2017 Thrawn sounds like the kinda fix I need, thank you my beskar brother. Next purchase.

Also tempted to buy the John Jackson Miller Kenobi novel - I know it’s not canon anymore, but I thought it might get me even more in the mood for the new series.

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 hours ago, _Bagel said:

@Cheerios4u98 2017 Thrawn sounds like the kinda fix I need, thank you my beskar brother. Next purchase.

Also tempted to buy the John Jackson Miller Kenobi novel - I know it’s not canon anymore, but I thought it might get me even more in the mood for the new series.

 

Kenobi is also great! I just read it for the first time last year and I really enjoyed it. It sort of has similar vibes to the new Boba Fett show, if you've been watching that. Not super action packed or fast paced (at least the show hasn't been so far, but I expect that will probably change), but I liked it a lot. It even gives a unique look at the Tusken Raiders, kind of like the Boba series has been doing.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/26/2022 at 9:50 AM, Cheerios4u98 said:

Me at every scene of the latest Boba Fett episode:

MEH3.gif

Spoiler

Hahahah, loving more connections with the PT to be one cohesive universe. That space station that the other Mandalorias were on looked fucking sick

 

  • Like 1
  • Love 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...