Star Wars Episode 9 (SPOILERS!!!!)

Ghent

3 hours ago, Ghent said:

I wanted her to be related desperately. Just not to fuckin Palpatine and especially not a granddaughter with unknown parents. That's just dumb. Sounds like a terrible fan fic

All of it is kind of ridiculous. I could deal with the original trilogy relations, but Kylo Ren being Leia/Solo’s kid and Rey to Palpatine. Are there only like 5 families in the Star Wars universe?

• Like 1

I mean Leia and Han having kids was canon in the original EU and not far fetched at all. But instead we got an evil kid with huge ears that doesn't look like either of them and then what should have been their kid not being their kid?

I mean, goes without saying the Palpatine thing was absolutely horrendously stupid and glad no one's defending that one.  To bring him back was already stupid, to have him the villain, again, at the end, again, was immensely stupid.  To have Rey, one of the small wins of the new trilogies (also hotter than I remembered) and my favorite character in Battlefront 2 (download now - $7.99 on PS4 marketplace - add me if you do), be granddaughter to Palpatine with no real build up to make it land was just insulting tbh.  Like how dumb do they think their audience is? 

Let alone Palpatine electrocuting the ships in the sky at the end like are u friggin kidding? 

I know I'm late to the party, but holy hell that was a bad finale, story, movie, everything.  I feel bad for those that actually got into the new trilogy.

51 minutes ago, Ghent said:

I’m fine with Sheev coming back, but it should have been set up in TFA.

Right.  And not just re-hash everything.  I was just waiting for Kylo Ren to pick him up and throw him into that abyss he just got out of and then die from the aftershock while Rey cries. 

Yeah I like Palpatine coming back too, but it should have been handled better.

My only big problem with TROS (other than that it should have been longer or split into two movies) is that I don’t like it as the ending of the whole story. It’s a fine movie and it’s fun, and it has some truly great moments. But as the grand finale of the entire saga it falls a bit flat for me.

Simply getting any new movies or shows set after it would fix my biggest issue. If TROS isn’t the finale, then it doesn’t bother me as much.

Let’s see Rey’s Jedi Order with Finn! I was hoping we’d see a new Jedi order in the sequels which didn’t happen. I want it to happen!

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Cheerios4u98 said:

My only big problem with TROS (other than that it should have been longer or split into two movies) is that I don’t like it as the ending of the whole story. It’s a fine movie and it’s fun, and it has some truly great moments. But as the grand finale of the entire saga it falls a bit flat for me.

Simply getting any new movies or shows set after it would fix my biggest issue. If TROS isn’t the finale, then it doesn’t bother me as much.

Let’s see Rey’s Jedi Order with Finn! I was hoping we’d see a new Jedi order in the sequels which didn’t happen. I want it to happen!

The finale to a 9 part saga should definitely have been 2 part movie.  

2 minutes ago, Cheerios4u98 said:

At the very least a 3 hour movie. It wasn’t even the longest Star Wars movie and half of it was the knife side quest lol

I feel like my final rankings are: (controversial incoming)

1. Ep 6: ROTJ

2. Ep 4: ANH

3. Ep 5: ESB

*gap*

4. Ep 1: PM

5. Ep 3: ROTS

6. Ep 2: AOTC

7. Ep 8: TLJ

8. Ep 7: TFA

9. Ep 9: ROS

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, RELEASE SOMETHING said:

I feel like my final rankings are: (controversial incoming)

1. Ep 6: ROTJ

2. Ep 4: ANH

3. Ep 5: ESB

*gap*

4. Ep 1: PM

5. Ep 3: ROTS

6. Ep 2: AOTC

7. Ep 8: TLJ

8. Ep 7: TFA

9. Ep 9: ROS

Here’s mine. Ranks 4-7 are pretty much interchangeable to me.

l4vH34S_d.webp?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Cheerios4u98 said:

I agree, both ROTJ and ROTS both wrap up their respective trilogies way better than TROS wraps up the sequels. Then, when you consider it the finale of the entire saga, it really falls flat.

Is it worse than Episode 2? I'd have to think about that. Probably not.

19 minutes ago, Ghent said:

I agree, both ROTJ and ROTS both wrap up their respective trilogies way better than TROS wraps up the sequels. Then, when you consider it the finale of the entire saga, it really falls flat.

Is it worse than Episode 2? I'd have to think about that. Probably not.

I still think 2 is the worst. But I don’t hate it, I just love it less than the others. Seeing Yoda fight Dooku as a 4th grader was the coolest thing in the world at the time lol. The only one I really don’t like is the animated Clone Wars movie. Star Wars animation has come a long way since then, thankfully.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Cheerios4u98 said:

I still think 2 is the worst. But I don’t hate it, I just love it less than the others. Seeing Yoda fight Dooku as a 4th grader was the coolest thing in the world at the time lol. The only one I really don’t like is the animated Clone Wars movie. Star Wars animation has come a long way since then, thankfully.

is this the one with Stinky the Hutt? lmao

• Love 1
  • Haha 1