Star Wars Episode 9 (SPOILERS!!!!)

Ghent

3 minutes ago, JarJarBlinks said:

If Attack of the Clones neutered some of the romance and bad writing between Anakin and Padme I honestly think the prequels wouldn't have been so harshly criticized.

At the same time, the cheese-romance makes you really feel it at the end of ROTS.

Yeah the love story was probably the most brutal part. I personally think it wasn’t one thing in particular, but a culmination of relatively small issues like the romance/bad writing, starting episode 1 with a boring plot (a trade embargo, if I recall correctly lol), Jar Jar Binks being pretty annoying (sorry bud), CGI that aged pretty badly, killing off villains without giving them a chance to develop, and a more kid friendly approach to episode 1 (I realize the OT had moments like the ewoks, but the tone seemed different). 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Worst poster here said:

Yeah the love story was probably the most brutal part. I personally think it wasn’t one thing in particular, but a culmination of relatively small issues like the romance/bad writing, starting episode 1 with a boring plot (a trade embargo, if I recall correctly lol), Jar Jar Binks being pretty annoying (sorry bud), CGI that aged pretty badly, killing off villains without giving them a chance to develop, and a more kid friendly approach to episode 1 (I realize the OT had moments like the ewoks, but the tone seemed different). 

I loved Mr. Binks right off the bat lmao.  Probably just me being a little kid and actually getting to see Episode 1 in the theaters. 

I get people not being fans but I never understood the hatred.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, JarJarBlinks said:

I loved Mr. Binks right off the bat lmao.  Probably just me being a little kid and actually getting to see Episode 1 in the theaters. 

I get people not being fans but I never understood the hatred.

You ever see the SP episode with Jackoffasaurus? That’s a decent representation why lol

4 hours ago, JarJarBlinks said:

If Attack of the Clones neutered some of the romance and bad writing between Anakin and Padme I honestly think the prequels wouldn't have been so harshly criticized.

At the same time, the cheese-romance makes you really feel it at the end of ROTS.

1.  They needed to get rid of a lot of the cheesy shit in there, the pandering to kids would get painful at times too. 2. Are you aware of the Darth Jar Jar theory that would not only redeem the prequels but possibly surpass the OT?

4 hours ago, Worst poster here said:

Duel of the fates and the Qui Gon/Obi Wan tandem was some of the best SW to be put on film though.  

2 hours ago, Ghent said:

Dude that last Mando episode is fucking sick @Cheerios4u98

Captain Pellaeon appearance wow that was so weird feeling for me in a good way. 

And it dawned on me that Talon Karrde could show up one of these days and yo boy GHENT might even pop in

It really does feel like they’re building towards a loose adaptation of the Heir to the Empire trilogy more than ever now! That would be so fun.

7 hours ago, Cheerios4u98 said:

It really does feel like they’re building towards a loose adaptation of the Heir to the Empire trilogy more than ever now! That would be so fun.

So how does Mara Jade become Rey's mom 🤔

Again-wow to that last episode. The extra context coming for Snoke/Palpatine will be super important for the ST legacy too

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Cheerios4u98 said:

the little Babu Frik puppet awkwardly waddling along past Grogu saying "bad baby! no squeezie!" is a top-tier Star Wars moment

That species may be the best thing to come out of RoS 😂 The way they are leaning into the shitty puppet aspect just makes it work for some reason. 

I am a huge fan

• Haha 1

59 minutes ago, Ghent said:

That species may be the best thing to come out of RoS 😂 The way they are leaning into the shitty puppet aspect just makes it work for some reason. 

I am a huge fan

the puppets all look so funny when they walk. Grogu included. big fan here too lol

• Love 1

pretty good finale imo. still the weakest season but I enjoyed it. almost feels like a full series finale but they've confirmed that season 4 has already been written. I'm okay with Mando staying the goofy Star Wars series if we can keep getting stuff like Andor mixed in too. Just watched the "One Way Out" episode of that again and yeah that's S-tier Star Wars right there.

• Like 1

Watched the finale tonight. Was great. Grogu and Mando fighting side by side against the red cunts was sick! I get the feeling Gideon isn’t dead but whatever.

Overal the season was on the lower but I enjoyed it enough. Hopefully this set up for season 4 leads into more season 1 territory.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I think I like Last Jedi better than FA and TROS

Just rewatched it. 

I know it's kind of off-putting at times, but what's everyone's beef with it?  I get what Rian was doing, Luke Skywalker was the PAST.  He needed to be character assassinated to move on.  To keep focusing on him being this epic man, was only good for 1970s saga, it wasn't going to hit the same after the nostalgia wore off..

The rest was visually stunning and way more interesting than FA (New Hope rehash) and TROS (just utter hot trash no need to elaborate)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, nshesaid_your said:

I think I like Last Jedi better than FA and TROS

Just rewatched it. 

I know it's kind of off-putting at times, but what's everyone's beef with it?  I get what Rian was doing, Luke Skywalker was the PAST.  He needed to be character assassinated to move on.  To keep focusing on him being this epic man, was only good for 1970s saga, it wasn't going to hit the same after the nostalgia wore off..

The rest was visually stunning and way more interesting than FA (New Hope rehash) and TROS (just utter hot trash no need to elaborate)

TLJ is definitely going to be viewed more favorably as time goes on. I still disagree about TFA though. It’s great. TROS is where the sequel trilogy falls apart

• Like 1

I like them all but I like TLJ the best by far. I think TFA and TROS are both very fun but TLJ is legitimately great and I’m sad the rest of the trilogy wasn’t more like it. TROS really felt like JJ just wanted to make a sequel to his movie and not a sequel to TLJ, which sucks. Also completely stupid that they didn’t delay the movie when the main actress DIED in real life (episode 9 was supposed to be a “Leia” movie, like how TFA was a Han movie and TLJ was a Luke movie.) it definitely felt rushed. Not how you want the ending to a 40 year saga to feel. Though since we’re getting a new movie about Rey’s Jedi Order it’ll be nice not having TROS as the grand finale to the story anymore.

Every few months Rian Johnson and Kathleen Kennedy mention that Rian’s movie trilogy is still planned. Who knows when it will actually happen, but I can’t wait to see what he can do with something outside of the Skywalker saga.

I love everything about Luke in TLJ, even though it rubbed me the wrong way the first time I watched it. Now it’s one of my favorite things in any Star Wars movie. Also TLJ is probably visually the best looking Star Wars movie of all.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/12/2023 at 11:29 PM, Worst poster here said:

I'm late to this topic but I really do wish the Phantom Menace played out more like how Batman Begins ended up to be. All the childhood stuff was in flashbacks.

It would've been fine having an early 20's or late teen actor playing Anakin and looking back on the past like Christian Bale's Bruce Wayne was doing then midway through the movie all the action starts and by the end of it, you realise how great of a Jedi Anakin was. Even the romance side of the story could've been similar

Attack of the Clones & Revenge of the Sith then would've followed on from that. I think it would've been way better