the worst season of television you've ever watched

_Kyle_

Jan would be Michael Scott on the sole basis that he thinks he's someone he's not (Jim). Jim isn't aggressive or insulting outside of practical jokes... 

As for the thread - the later seasons of Dexter, Weeds (when they move to Copenhagen, it was painfully obvious they had no idea where the show was going), Simpsons, and the last few seasons of the Canucks if that counts. 

If we're talking expectations vs. reality, True Detective season 2, House of Cards season 3 onwards, Westworld season 2, Arrest Development's Netflix revival, Suits after season 1.

32 minutes ago, Clar-ke has herpes said:

Jan would be Michael Scott on the sole basis that he thinks he's someone he's not (Jim). Jim isn't aggressive or insulting outside of practical jokes... 

As for the thread - the later seasons of Dexter, Weeds (when they move to Copenhagen, it was painfully obvious they had no idea where the show was going), Simpsons, and the last few seasons of the Canucks if that counts. 

If we're talking expectations vs. reality, True Detective season 2, House of Cards season 3 onwards, Westworld season 2, Arrest Development's Netflix revival, Suits after season 1.

Jim got pretty insulting as time went on, and more aggressive when asst manager.

19 minutes ago, Nasa said:

Nshesaid isn’t iconic enough to be Michael.

It's really tough to say who'd be Michael.  I'd say Oliver is definitely closest in terms of just being clumsily in charge and what not, but he's way more Dwight, Ghent I think is too level headed/calm.

I'd give Creed to Scott.  Stanley to Davey.  Phylis to Speedo.  Ryan to Clarke.  Gabe to NotNow.  Roy to Knapton.  Erin to you.  Dwight to Oliver.  Ghent might possibly be Jim more I think about it. I'll take Kevin.

7 hours ago, NJansaid said:

It's really tough to say who'd be Michael.  I'd say Oliver is definitely closest in terms of just being clumsily in charge and what not, but he's way more Dwight, Ghent I think is too level headed/calm.

I'd give Creed to Scott.  Stanley to Davey.  Phylis to Speedo.  Ryan to Clarke.  Gabe to NotNow.  Roy to Knapton.  Erin to you.  Dwight to Oliver.  Ghent might possibly be Jim more I think about it. I'll take Kevin.

I would give Roy to Scott. Interesting.

Probably no one here has even heard of the show but there was this crime series in the mid-late '90s called Profiler. The first two seasons are still some of the best tv I've ever seen but it just completely fell off a cliff with the third season. As a kid I had no idea what was going on; starting from the season opener, everything just seemed wrong or off. The music was different, the characters suddenly behaved uncharacteristically and the tempo had dropped drastically. Only years later did I learn that the production team had changed.

Also, one could make the argument that every successive season of The Simpsons is worse than the preceding season, at least since season 8 onward or so. These days I watch only a few episodes a season and I'm always impressed by how they manage to outdo themselves in this regard. The jokes are so self-consciously "clever", they have no idea when to stop with the bad jokes, and in general it just feels like the stories serve no other purpose but to introduce some lame guest voice appearance in a very forced manner.