New Taylor Swift Song Today?

Ghent

This is her best album. It may not have her best songs, but as a whole this thing is incredible. It's so peaceful, slow, but without the melancholy that can make albums like this tough to listen to repeatedly.

Magic

• Like 3

Finally got the time to listen to it a bit more. It’s crazy to believe that she made the whole thing during quarantine. It sounds like something that would take years to make. She really is amazing. So far 1989 is still my fav by her but this album might steal its position eventually.

• Like 1

This album is really a well written and made album.

My top 5 ended up being a top 9: exile, cardigan, the last great american dynasty, my tears ricochet, seven, august, this is me trying, betty, mirrorball

• Like 2

Has anyone read up on the story behind The Last Great American Dynasty? Pretty interesting.

Rebekah "Betty" Harkness is the subject. Former owner of Taylor's Rhode Island home "Holiday House."

Fifty years is a long time
Holiday House sat quietly on that beach
Free of women with madness, their men and bad habits
And then it was bought by me

• Like 2

mirrorball is so good but all of the stuff on this LP is pure quality -- easily the best work to come from quarantine so far. dropped off listening to taylor with reputation (yuck), but this is so good. it's the type of music she was born to make IMO

• Like 1

1 hour ago, boxelder said:

mirrorball is so good but all of the stuff on this LP is pure quality -- easily the best work to come from quarantine so far. dropped off listening to taylor with reputation (yuck), but this is so good. it's the type of music she was born to make IMO

Aaron Dessner probably has a lot to do with that, but Taylor Swift has always had an album like this in her and she's always been capable of this caliber of songwriting. She finally stepped out of her Jack Antonoff safe space and it paid off.

21 hours ago, Patient #48273 said:

I want to know if she really stole a neighbour's dog and dyed it green.

I want a retro-themed music video with TS playing Rebekah Harkness, throwing parties in her swimming pool and dyeing her neighbour's dog key lime green!

This could be my favorite non-blink album. I love it more with every listen. Music has hit me differently as I’ve gotten older, but this is really hitting the spot. A spot I didn’t know I had today?

• Like 3