New Taylor Swift Song Today?

Ghent

I thought folklore was her “self-titled” magnum opus. Loved it. But this should’ve been called “Everbore”. It seemed like overkill and most of the songs bored me to tears. They suffer from sameness and I can barely tell the difference from one track to the next. Seems like she milked the acclaim folklore got and let her ambitions get a little ahead of her. It felt like the Shenangians or b-side compilation to Folklore more than a “sister album”. Was pumped for this, but it disappointed me overall.

I still like Folklore more but the new record is getting close. The songs just get better and better everytime I listen to them.

Also, rumors has it that she’s already working on a third album in the same universe and that it’s meant to be a trilogy? Not sure what to believe but she hasn’t denied it

On 8/23/2019 at 11:27 PM, Emil said:

I enjoyed it more than Reputation, that's for sure but all I really want is another album in the vein of Speak Now or Red. Nothing she's ever written before or after can even compare with the songs of those two albums.

I've changed my mind, these two records are what I wanted. Talk about further reinventing yourself rather than just regressing backwards like certain acts have a tendency to do.

It'll be interesting to see what her live show's gonna be like when that happens again.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
13 minutes ago, Maddey said:

Uuu that’s exciting! Far from my fav record by her but can’t wait to listen to it. Listened so much to that album in my early teens, gonna be fun to hear what it sounds like now. 

It's by far my least favorite record by her, which makes me want to hear a rerecording more. To me it's her one album that has a straight up target demo that I was never a part of. I was a fan of hers before this album and I kind of viewed this one as a mainstream sellout at the time.

32 minutes ago, Ghent said:

It's by far my least favorite record by her, which makes me want to hear a rerecording more. To me it's her one album that has a straight up target demo that I was never a part of. I was a fan of hers before this album and I kind of viewed this one as a mainstream sellout at the time.

I get what you mean. Have you followed her from the beginning of her career? Fearless was the first album I heard by her so I always forget that there was anything before that haha

2 minutes ago, Maddey said:

I get what you mean. Have you followed her from the beginning of her career? Fearless was the first album I heard by her so I always forget that there was anything before that haha

I got into her the summer of 2008. I had a super redneck job where we listened to country music all day and they played the shit out of Our Song, Picture to Burn, and Should've Said No. That's what got me hooked.

Looking back, that was her second round of singles as the album had been out for awhile. My wife saw her summer of 2007 at a local county fair.

• Like 1

i'm doing a full listen-through of her discography since I'm only familiar with her singles—i'm on Fearless right now—and it's surprising me just how many lyrics I can sing along to just by nature of Taylor Swift being everywhere for essentially my entire life, haha. 

• Like 2