End Game

M!ke

Anyone else see it yet?  I wanna geek out about it, but it was opening night last night, way too soon to start getting spoilery I suppose.  But wow, I loved it, a brilliant follow up to Infinity War, and honestly what feels like a perfect culmination of the 21 films before it.  Seriously what they accomplished in 22 movies, and somehow managed to make feel all the more whole and connected with this film is truly incredible and unprecedented.  Obviously this is far from the end for the MCU, but it legit could act as it, and I'd be satisfied with that.  All the same, I'm very happy that it goes on so that we can get the likes of Guardians of the Galaxy 3, especially in that instance if a certain character is now a part of that film.

• Like 2

I loved it. It was slow paced the first half which i liked but also packed. They managed to pay tribute to the MCU in an awesome way. And how the characters dealt with what happened in infinity war was hilarious (looking at you Thor). 

A solid movie. Def will see it again. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Ghent said:

I enjoyed it. Well done and entertaining as fuck. Brings closure to some past characters and opens doors for new ones

For sure. Is Marvel planning any movie franchise similar to the avengers? I dont know all the stories to assume anything. Any superhero groups? 

42 minutes ago, Regi. said:

For sure. Is Marvel planning any movie franchise similar to the avengers? I dont know all the stories to assume anything. Any superhero groups? 

Well Disney just bought Fox which means Fantastic Four and X-Men can start to be incorporated into the MCU.  There are a handful of Fox X-Men films to still come out, but when they're done, Marvel will incorporate X-Men into the MCU, that is confirmed, so I'm guessing X-Men will be their next big thing. 

No confirmation if it will be a new take or some sort of merge of the two, but if I were to bet, it'd be a brand new take on the X-Men franchise, with one exception.  Deadpool is going to continue as is, and weirdly he may well get worked into the MCU, in fact I'd count on it, and his 4th wall breaking will draw attention to how you're not supposed to acknowledge how he came from the different Fox X-Men universe initially.  It'll be a little messy, but because Deadpool is a part of it, it'll kind of cleans itself up with the character.  At least that's what I'd imagine.

25 minutes ago, M!ke said:

Well Disney just bought Fox which means Fantastic Four and X-Men can start to be incorporated into the MCU.  There are a handful of Fox X-Men films to still come out, but when they're done, Marvel will incorporate X-Men into the MCU, that is confirmed, so I'm guessing X-Men will be their next big thing. 

No confirmation if it will be a new take or some sort of merge of the two, but if I were to bet, it'd be a brand new take on the X-Men franchise, with one exception.  Deadpool is going to continue as is, and weirdly he may well get worked into the MCU, in fact I'd count on it, and his 4th wall breaking will draw attention to how you're not supposed to acknowledge how he came from the different Fox X-Men universe initially.  It'll be a little messy, but because Deadpool is a part of it, it'll kind of cleans itself up with the character.  At least that's what I'd imagine.

I thought this garbage looking Dark Phoenix was the last X-Men film under Fox?

4 hours ago, JarJarBlinks said:

I thought this garbage looking Dark Phoenix was the last X-Men film under Fox?

Dark Phoenix and New Mutants (if that's even still coming to theaters, it's apparently been done for awhile but keeps getting delayed or something, guessing that means it sucks).  Think that's the end of it at this point though yeah.  There were all sorts of other plans I think, but I'm guessing they're all getting scrapped to get rebooted in the MCU.  Which is fine by me, Fox has far more duds with X-Men than they do great movies.

Holy shit I loved this movie. I mean, I've enjoyed every MCU movie at least to some extent, so I expected to like it, but damn, I can't believe how satisfying of a conclusion to a 22-movie story arc this was. This all started 11 years ago. I remember when all we had was Iron Man and The Incredible Hulk and how I thought it was so cool to see Tony Stark appear at the end of Hulk. And now this.

The only thing I'm sad about is that Agent Coulson didn't make an appearance. I was always hoping that would happen in a future Avengers film eventually. Oh well. It was fun to see him in Captain Marvel again at least.

• Like 1

Really thought the whole time travel story was dumb. I enjoyed the movie but just thought the story was kinda dumb and rushed. That final battle though. So good. Thought Captain Marvel wouldve played a bigger role too. 

Also why did they give Brie Larson a haircut, no women has ever looked better with that haircut

15 minutes ago, knapton said:

Really thought the whole time travel story was dumb. I enjoyed the movie but just thought the story was kinda dumb and rushed. That final battle though. So good. Thought Captain Marvel wouldve played a bigger role too. 

Also why did they give Brie Larson a haircut, no women has ever looked better with that haircut

Generations_Captain_Marvel_&_Captain_Mar

Carol has had short hair in the comics plenty of times. 

I think they used her the perfect amount. Had she been there too much and overshadowed the original avengers throughout the whole film it would’ve been shit. This was Tony and Steve’s film.

37 minutes ago, Russel Coight said:

Generations_Captain_Marvel_&_Captain_Mar

Carol has had short hair in the comics plenty of times. 

I think they used her the perfect amount. Had she been there too much and overshadowed the original avengers throughout the whole film it would’ve been shit. This was Tony and Steve’s film.

Ya it really was wasnt it. You make a good point. This was definitely about the original avengers

are we done with all the originals then we think? Outside of Thor being in the Galaxy movies now it looks like

It does seem like the original Avengers are all done, except for Thor, which is great because Thor Ragnarok ended up being one of my favorite MCU movies. He's one of my favorite characters now and I'd love to see more of him. I guess we could get more Hulk too maybe.

But we are getting a Hawkeye show and there have been rumors about a Black Widow movie for a while now. Guess if that last one happens it will have to take place in the past...

21 minutes ago, Cheerios4u98 said:

It does seem like the original Avengers are all done, except for Thor, which is great because Thor Ragnarok ended up being one of my favorite MCU movies. He's one of my favorite characters now and I'd love to see more of him. I guess we could get more Hulk too maybe.

But we are getting a Hawkeye show and there have been rumors about a Black Widow movie for a while now. Guess if that last one happens it will have to take place in the past...

Ya I read we're getting a black widow one that takes place before the avengers.  

Speaking of Thor, he was so fucking lame in this movie

They pretty had no choice but to nerf Thor this movie. He was a able to overcome thanos with 6 infinity stones in infinity war so there’d be no contest at all if he was at full strength this film. 

I feel like we might get Hawkeye and hulk as just sort of mentors in the MCU now. They won’t do much fighting but they will guide the new avengers whenever that team forms.

I actually liked Thor a lot in this movie. Of all the Avengers, he's lost the most. First his mom, then his dad, then his home, then his brother, then his people, then he messed up his chance to kill Thanos seconds before the universe got snapped, and his girlfriend dumped him. Like what he said in Infinity War, "what more could I lose?" And then when he finally did kill Thanos it was already too late. No wonder he was a complete and total mess imo. The direction they took him made sense to me and I enjoyed it.

I liked how Tony called him "Lebowski" at one point because it's funny to think that Tony Stark has seen The Big Lebowski, who was played by Jeff Bridges, who was his first big enemy in Iron Man 1.

• Like 2

I cried during the ending man...11 years of build up will do that to you

I must say this might be my favourite blockbuster/superhero movie ever. They gave me everything and more.

I actually love what they did to Thor, although it was a bit overkill but thats the only thing for me.

It also has my all time favourite subgenres: Time travel / Heist

I could talk about this film for hours but i'd give it a 9,5 for sure

Also, Thor belongs in Guardians 3!

- He and Rocket have build up a special bond since Infinity War (And has Stormbreaker because of Groot)

- He is very needed when Adam Warlock gets out of his cocoon

- Thor and Star-Lord have an Alpha issue but could become total Bro's. They both lost their parents (And girlfriend)

- Thor speaks Groot (It was a major on Asgard)

He doesn't fit as a king of what's left of Asgard. He belongs with those loveable idiots

• Like 1