2019 Angels & Airwaves Music

lowson

1 hour ago, Ry-Bread said:

Some cool stuff in this, I guess this guy is going to be recording a film of them the next 6 months:

Man, this makes me so excited. I love how Tom does this stuff with every album just about...I never get bored watching it.

Also, can we discuss how the lyrics of Rebel Girl almost seem like a love note to music from Tom? They keep pushing the line "Do you want to get back to where we started? Back before we were brokenhearted?" and it's so fitting. I know not everyone loves AVA, but the fans have been waiting and wanting new music and Tom back for so long and it's finally all happening. Even in this video he's like sheepishly admitting that maybe he shouldn't have ditched music, because it's always going to be his thing. Then they play the bridge part: "I’m lost in nerves, I can’t recover, I die inside, unlike any other. Come my way, come my little girl, come back...." and I can't help but feel like it's him talking about touring and music and everything.

That was me reading into it too much, but I enjoy doing it.

4 hours ago, Whales said:

Man, this makes me so excited. I love how Tom does this stuff with every album just about...I never get bored watching it.

Also, can we discuss how the lyrics of Rebel Girl almost seem like a love note to music from Tom? They keep pushing the line "Do you want to get back to where we started? Back before we were brokenhearted?" and it's so fitting. I know not everyone loves AVA, but the fans have been waiting and wanting new music and Tom back for so long and it's finally all happening. Even in this video he's like sheepishly admitting that maybe he shouldn't have ditched music, because it's always going to be his thing. Then they play the bridge part: "I’m lost in nerves, I can’t recover, I die inside, unlike any other. Come my way, come my little girl, come back...." and I can't help but feel like it's him talking about touring and music and everything.

That was me reading into it too much, but I enjoy doing it.

I see where you're coming from but it seems more likely to be about Jennifer Delonge

• Like 1

I doubt it's really about anything or anyone specific, during the Dream Walker making of vids it seems Tom writes lyrics these days by stringing nonsensical things together. so I bet it's like that, only this time it's with cliches. 

10 hours ago, Whales said:

They keep pushing the line "Do you want to get back to where we started? Back before we were brokenhearted?" and it's so fitting. I know not everyone loves AVA, but the fans have been waiting and wanting new music and Tom back for so long and it's finally all happening. Even in this video he's like sheepishly admitting that maybe he shouldn't have ditched music, because it's always going to be his thing. Then they play the bridge part: "I’m lost in nerves, I can’t recover, I die inside, unlike any other. Come my way, come my little girl, come back...." and I can't help but feel like it's him talking about touring and music and everything.

I think the way they are promoting it ties in with your interpretation, they are definitely using the "Do you want to go back to where we started?" to try and generate hype for old school AVA and Tom's grand "comeback". I just don't know if Tom would be "broken hearted" or super hurt about "leaving music", as in his mind, he has still done music halfway recently...and willingly left Blink. 

36 minutes ago, Ghost said:

I'd LOVE to see Mark and Tom writing a song together again without ANY external input.

What's super sad is that Mark is clearly is at a point where he wants to dig into the 80's Cure/Dance vibes influence with his Simple Creatures stuff, combine that with Tom's obvious influence/preference from this era, they are at a good point where they probably would've halfway enjoyed each other's ideas. But the problem is, it may have been so far away from "Blink" land, that it would never happen and end up as side projects regardless. 

2 hours ago, Bucko said:

When asked what inspired the song Rebel Girl Tom replied:

”My little Cinderella is actually my nickname for Mark, the bassist in my old band that I started. The song is about our secret romance.”

Rebel Girl is about Mark and Tom making out in the I Miss You video confirmed

• Like 1