2019 Angels & Airwaves Music

lowson

Just now, alex_dept. said:

I'm really interested to see the setlist, since The Dream Walker and the EPs have never been played live.

Hm... I'm kind of expecting some type of 'greatest hits' setlist with the introduction of new songs.

3 minutes ago, Whales said:

Where'd you get yours? I can only seem to get to the general sales tomorrow and I'm dying waiting for this.

Try this link, this was the original pre-order link sent via email: TIX

If not, try the following presale codes on LiveNation/Tickemaster: AVA2019, COVERT, REPLAY

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ry-Bread said:

Try this link, this was the original pre-order link sent via email: TIX

If not, try the following presale codes on LiveNation/Tickemaster: AVA2019, COVERT, REPLAY

Thank you! I'm worried because all presale tickets are sold out in Chicago already...gonna have to be ready tomorrow and get some asap.

4 hours ago, Since88 said:

Have you started reviewing music?

also - looking forward to that! 

Yeah, for a small British review site, really minor, but it's fun. 

• Like 1

The song is okay. It gets stuck in my head but I wouldn't say it's a great song. Repeats the chorus a bit much and there was a bit much synth it gets grating. On the album I hope there's more long instrumental parts and a bit more spacey ambient songs not just all pop songs. I wish Aaron wouldn't help out with AVA, he isn't a good producer and he's a dick

On the tour, I saw AVA twice in 2012 with Ilan and they were great. Tom didn't really talk to the audience at all but the songs sounded great and they had heaps of bits changed up from the album versions plus drum and piano solo from Ilan and cool light show. I'd definitely see them if you don't mind AVA and haven't seen them yet

I'm not a huge fan of Aaron's production but my complaints took a back seat when Feldy showed how much worse it can be. I've never had too much of a problem production wise on the EPs (a little grumbly comments about some of the levels on parts of tracks but nothing major) but on Dream Walker there were more stand out problems. I remember Aaron tried claiming it was an 'artistic' choice to have a difference between cleaner and 'etherial' tracks like The Disease and have more weirder grittier bits for songs like Paralyzed but... I mean... they just ended up with muddy whack sounding parts, intentional or not it's not a good job. I still haven't properly listened to Rebel Girl to judge the production, I'll listen to the whole record and make that call. I'm not expecting great production but I'm not expecting it to be shite either. 

7 hours ago, Kay said:

I'm not a huge fan of Aaron's production but my complaints took a back seat when Feldy showed how much worse it can be. I've never had too much of a problem production wise on the EPs (a little grumbly comments about some of the levels on parts of tracks but nothing major) but on Dream Walker there were more stand out problems. I remember Aaron tried claiming it was an 'artistic' choice to have a difference between cleaner and 'etherial' tracks like The Disease and have more weirder grittier bits for songs like Paralyzed but... I mean... they just ended up with muddy whack sounding parts, intentional or not it's not a good job. I still haven't properly listened to Rebel Girl to judge the production, I'll listen to the whole record and make that call. I'm not expecting great production but I'm not expecting it to be shite either. 

That's how I feel about a lot of the production on TDW. Some songs really sound good, but others sound bad enough that calling it stylized feels too lazy to me.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Whales said:

That's how I feel about a lot of the production on TDW. Some songs really sound good, but others sound bad enough that calling it stylized feels too lazy to me.

Yeah the TDW production was not my cup of tea tbh. I know they wanted to go for a raw, rough, less production sound. But it sounded very dense. Instruments didnt breathe. Just a huge clusterfuck sometimes and you couldnt hear what was going on. Good songs got a hit because of it. 

5 minutes ago, knapton said:

Tour is selling out pretty quick. I have no idea how big the venues are but its still pretty suprising. Didnt think it would do this good this fast

Shows having been selling out in 10-20 minutes. 

8 minutes ago, Ry-Bread said:

Some are as low as 800 capacity to 2,500ish I believe...

@Whales did you get your tix?

I ended up getting them to St. Louis instead of Chicago because I missed those. I thought all hope was lost for a few minutes haha

• Like 1

Rebel Girl is fun, but I have a feeling it’ll get stale. Hopefully not as fast as California. 

I was out jogging with the song on repeat and was pretty sick of it by the end, mostly because of the lead synth part - it could’ve been a cool guitar part. 

Still with all that said, it’s a fun song and better than 85% of California.

• Like 1

This song is a grower, don't care what anyone says.  I'm usually not too fond of AvA and only "kind of" like Simple Creatures, while loving +44 and Boxcar.  

This song kicks the crap out of any recent blink or Simple Creatures for me.. Surprisingly. It's still AvA, but it feels more like the Tom we like, simple but extremely catchy melodies, a little breakdown and nice little riff that feels like only Tom could mimick.

• Like 3

14 hours ago, horchata said:

Rebel Girl is fun, but I have a feeling it’ll get stale. Hopefully not as fast as California. 

I was out jogging with the song on repeat and was pretty sick of it by the end, mostly because of the lead synth part - it could’ve been a cool guitar part. 

Still with all that said, it’s a fun song and better than 85% of California.

Maybe that was the problem, pal?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2