Ry-Bread

2019 Tour Thread

Apparently it was pouring rain right before Lil Wayne started, which impacted the crowd.

My guess is he continues the tour and the incident isn't mentioned again. Lot of money to walk away from just because his ego can't stand playing in front of blink fans that don't like black people. He should have known what he was getting into, unless it was originally gonna be a co-headlining thing.

It seemed to me like he was basically saying he's not used to being the opener and performing while people were still filing into the venue. Which is obviously true. The tour seems to be going well but it's definitely not the tour he originally signed up for, where they were co-headlining and Blink was going to be touring for a new album and stuff. I don't blame him for not wanting to go through the motions in a weird situation but obviously he could've figured it out after his set got over or something haha.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Champ182 said:

It seemed to me like he was basically saying he's not used to being the opener and performing while people were still filing into the venue. Which is obviously true. The tour seems to be going well but it's definitely not the tour he originally signed up for, where they were co-headlining and Blink was going to be touring for a new album and stuff. I don't blame him for not wanting to go through the motions in a weird situation but obviously he could've figured it out after his set got over or something haha.

In the end it's still his fault because he wasn't driving ticket sales. I don't think Lil Wayne fans would stay home because they have to see blink. But blink fans sure as shit would stay home because of him.

His fan base clearly is piss poor to non-existent. He shouldn't be a diva about it. If he was the closing act and blink opened, I bet there'd have been the same amount of people there for him

• Like 1

Off topic, but I'd like to see blink open for someone on a giant stadium tour next. Get the pressure off themselves and do what Green Day did on the Pop Disaster Tour.

In fact, it should be the Pop Disaster Tour 2 and let blink open this time

• Like 1

I saw tons of posts about the weather, people were worried the show was going to get cancelled. So it was probably a pretty sparse crowd in broad daylight, most of which don't care about his music... so I could see how that would be hard to vibe with. Obviously crappy to bail 20 minutes in, and crappy of blink to not add more songs to the setlist to compensate IMO.

This tour has just been weird from the get-go. It's just a weird situation where Weezy fans don't wanna pay the price increase to see blink/Neck Deep, and blink fans don't wanna pay the premium just because Weezy is there. So they kinda screwed each other over. 

• Like 2

Just now, Ghent said:

In the end it's still his fault because he wasn't driving ticket sales. I don't think Lil Wayne fans would stay home because they have to see blink. But blink fans sure as shit would stay home because of him.

His fan base clearly is piss poor to non-existent. He shouldn't be a diva about it. If he was the closing act and blink opened, I bet there'd have been the same amount of people there for him

I disagree about this part, I think you constantly overrate Blink fans' racism obviously (as a joke?) but also there's no way Lil Wayne fans were buying up tickets to go see him open for Blink 182, especially with ticket prices so crazy.

1 minute ago, Margie Whipple Homicides said:

It's my understanding Green Day was pissed off about their slot being before Blink.

Having seen the pop disaster tour (in VA no less) that was the case. People were still filing in while they played and they let people go to the pit to fill it up during the GD set. No clue if people were just late or what, but that is where GD was in 2002. People still went fucking nuts for them because they were killing it. So I think GD was on a mission to beat blink at the very least in terms of live performance and they did. Blink was pretty good, but GD is still the best band I've seen live. BJ can bring it when he wants to.

Also having two dates in VA (more like DC/VA) can be tricky. When they toured with No Doubt it didn't have a competing VA date in VA Beach. Same when FOB toured with them in 09.  

3 minutes ago, Margie Whipple Homicides said:

It's my understanding Green Day was pissed off about their slot being before Blink.

They were. There was tons of tension during PDT. Green Day wasn't doing all that great at the time, and Blink was at the top of their game. This pissed GD off, there was jealously etc.

This is why there hasn't been another PDT. Of course now both bands would be coming from a place of being washed up.

Just now, _Kyle_ said:

Having seen the pop disaster tour (in VA no less) that was the case. People were still filing in while they played and they let people go to the pit to fill it up during the GD set. No clue if people were just late or what, but that is where GD was in 2002. People still went fucking nuts for them because they were killing it. So I think GD was on a mission to beat blink at the very least in terms of live performance and they did. Blink was pretty good, but GD is still the best band I've seen live. BJ can bring it when he wants to.

Also having two dates in VA (more like DC/VA) can be tricky. When they toured with No Doubt it didn't have a competing VA date in VA Beach. Same when FOB toured with them in 09.  

Yeah, GD was so much better; and for whatever reason Blink's performance was not as good as it had been in 2001.

• Like 1

Just now, _Kyle_ said:

Yeah they killed it here in San Antonio too ... Blink should have played first for sure ... I'd be lying if I remembered people coming in while Green Day played. I'm pretty sure it was a packed house prior to the opener coming on but ... I'm getting old and faulty.

1 minute ago, Donald Trump's Bulge said:

Yeah, GD was so much better; and for whatever reason Blink's performance was not as good as it had been in 2001.

Their performances in 2004 and I'd say 2009 were better imo. I still really liked Tom doing What Went Wrong with Mark and Skye drinking wine though. Really cute.