2019 Tour Thread

Ry-Bread

9 minutes ago, Ghent said:

Ohh, so they purposely let him play by turning off the guitar so that the song wouldn't be entirely botched or something by a random from the crowd. That makes sense.

How will he ever survive this traumatic event?!

I don't get what you are advocating. You think they purposely turned off the guitar so he wouldn't botch it + used the backing track instead, but then even with him not actually playing they STILL tripped out and took the guitar from him in the middle of a verse and got sassy about him after the song ended? How is that better? Does your trolling ever twist you up in so many knots you don't even know what you're arguing anymore? Haha

15 hours ago, Jon Benjamin said:

My take is that the guitar (at least that song) May be completely backtracked and Matt didn’t want it to be noticeable. Perhaps this is one of Tom’s legal conditions, that his guitar has to be played live. It definitely is during I Miss You. 

edit: for the record I am a big fan of the Matt era of Blink.

Your thought reminded me of All The Small Things in the Lollapalooza broadcast

That whole thing is so bizarre. 
Someone did point out that it sounds like Matt says "Sorry Mike" at 6:45 
I really don't think Matt is that much of a dick, something odd had to have happened. 

I will say though as a fan that would have DEVASTATED me.
I definitely would have preferred not to be on stage than to have had that happen. I say we should bug blink until we find out exactly what happened. I feel like there is still a missing puzzle piece here.

Just now, ungroovy said:

So my date is tonight and I don't even want to go. Legit in the process of giving my ticket away. It's pouring rain and they're not really worth it to me at this point. 

I don't blame you. Using a backing track for All the Small Things? lame! 

Yea I’m not convinced he was actually playing fine because as we’ve all said you couldn’t actually hear anything over the backing track. They can hear everything perfectly in the monitors and it’s very easy to get off rhythm in a live performance. All I wanted was an explanation, seems fine to me.

The only issue to me is what champ said, if the in ear monitors are needed to keep tempo, why bring people on stage at all? Sure you’ll have some pros that can keep up, but if the in ear monitors are that important that something like this could happen to someone, then don’t bother bringing people up at all.

• Like 1

Just saw this, such an overreaction by Skiba haters. They intentionally raise backing tracks and lower actual instrument volume when these “fan guests” play... this Oliver wannabe was butchering it so bad it was messing with their timing in their monitors. Skiba had to step in to save their biggest hit of every night. He even apologized to the kid during the bridge, clearly he didn’t have time to usher him off stage and pat him on the head mid-song. The guy should’ve jumped around on stage playing hype man to finish off the song.

I hate having fans on stage to play songs btw, I don’t pay $200 to see Jimbo from Wisconsin play ATST.

• Like 3

Bunch of non guitar players and their bullshit. @Ry-Bread definitely can't even play basic shit.....because if he could, he'd know that guy was playing ATST spot on. Watch his hands, watch the chords. Its not that fucking hard to see.

There was no timing problems, no mess up, no in ear monitor issues. Thats all bullshit.

This only strengthens my idea, that you were all full of shit in my oliver vs Skiba thread. You guys are literally dumb as fuck when it comes to basic guitar.

As to why Matt stripped the guitar; I think the backing track thing probably concerned him al la milli vanilli. He realized people were going to pickup on it if the guy did in fact mess up and he panicked. Then he didn't even encourage the guy to stay and sing along. It was like, get the fuck out of here bro.