2019 Tour Thread

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just got back from the Portland show. It was amazing. They sound so much better than they did when I saw them in 2016, and the crowd seemed way more into it than the last time I saw them too. The plac

you’ve got issues dude

Just got out of soundcheck, was soooo dope. Mark wanted to play Man Overboard but Matt didn’t remember it lol, played Mutt, I miss you, then First Date acoustic twice (they were going to play it tonig

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, Donald Trump's Bulge said:

As to why Matt stripped the guitar; I think the backing track thing probably concerned him al la milli vanilli. He realized people were going to pickup on it if the guy did in fact mess up and he panicked. 

What a dumb fanfic...if this was your theory, then if the kid was doing just fine Skiba should’ve been thrilled. But no, he had him take off the guitar mid-song which would COMPLETELY EXPOSE THIS MILLY VANILLY SCAM HE’S RUNNING.

This is seriously such a ridiculous fan-fic fueled by an unhealthy amount of hatred towards Skiba. 

• Like 1
Just now, Ry-Bread said:

What a dumb fanfic...if this was your theory, then if the kid was doing just fine Skiba should’ve been thrilled. But no, he had him take off the guitar mid-song which would COMPLETELY EXPOSE THIS MILLY VANILLY SCAM HE’S RUNNING.

This is seriously such a ridiculous fan-fic fueled by an unhealthy amount of hatred towards Skiba. 

Do you even play guitar? The guy was literally playing it perfect. Basic C, G, F chords with proper strumming.

It was pretty clear that there was enough backing guitar there that no one even needed to be playing. You are hearing full guitar when no guitar is being played. It would have looked so weird.

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, Donald Trump's Bulge said:

Ry Bread has a lot of guts being critical of my guitar playing then exposing himself as not even knowing basic guitar chords like a 2 year old could master. Hilarious.

That kid onstage was probably better than you are on guitar and he couldn’t even last a full song. You’d have no hope.

• Like 2

Neither of our guitar skills have anything to do with your ridiculous theory that Skiba mid-song in front of 12,000 people, after 5 years of playing to blink backing tracks...got terrified of being ousted as a Milly Vanilly guitar lip syncer and decided to... interrupt the show and show the world he is lol.

blink has had backing tracks since at least 2013, and again, when Jimbo from Wisconsin gets up there to crap his pants during ATST, they crank it up even higher and lower his instrument to account for errors/nervousness if they suck.

• Like 3
19 minutes ago, Donald Trump's Bulge said:

Also the "backing track since 2009" crowd is full of shit.l Find me an instant of where they used basic chords like ATST as backing tracks. Sure they used Piano and other stuff on I miss You, or whatever. But ATSTs? Seriously?

They literally played the entire song in the mix of the whole untitled album in 2013. It was widely critiqued when this tour was going on, do you not remember that? It’s lower in the mix then, but this wasn’t some magical thing that started when Matt joined the band. It’s been getting higher in the mix every year for the last decade.

• Like 1
16 minutes ago, Ry-Bread said:

Neither of our guitar skills have anything to do with your ridiculous theory that Skiba mid-song in front of 12,000 people, after 5 years of playing to blink backing tracks...got terrified of being ousted as a Milly Vanilly guitar lip syncer and decided to... interrupt the show and show the world he is lol.

blink has had backing tracks since at least 2013, and again, when Jimbo from Wisconsin gets up there to crap his pants during ATST, they crank it up even higher and lower his instrument to account for errors/nervousness if they suck.

Exactly. Ripping the guitar off the dude during a part of the song when guitar is playing is a lot easier way to put yourself as not playing onstage. The backing track was turned up. The kid wasn’t playing the song right. Matt saved the song for the rest of the crowd.

• Like 1
19 minutes ago, Donald Trump's Bulge said:

There is no hope for you. You are musically clueless. Stick with stuff you actually know something about. You look totally foolish right now.

Still sour about the loss champ? Buck up. You’ll make it through.

Okay rewatch the video. And watch the strumming at various points. He is strumming WAY too fast for eighth notes (like double what I think it should be at some points), on a slow tempo song. The best example I can give is at 5:14. What the fuck is going on, his strumming speed doubles at that second.

3 minutes ago, NotNow said:

Okay rewatch the video. And watch the strumming at various points. He is strumming WAY too fast for eighth notes (like double what I think it should be at some points), on a slow tempo song. The best example I can give is at 5:14. What the fuck is going on, his strumming speed doubles at that second.

But Oliver, the self proclaimed guitar god of this forum said he played the song perfect? How can this be!?

So the mix in Charlotte is so bad that my friends at the show are incessantly tagging blink on twitter to try to alert them... The vox are all the way up, and the low end is only the floor drums, zero snare or cymbals anywhere. No instruments almost at all.

16 minutes ago, ungroovy said:

So the mix in Charlotte is so bad that my friends at the show are incessantly tagging blink on twitter to try to alert them... The vox are all the way up, and the low end is only the floor drums, zero snare or cymbals anywhere. No instruments almost at all.

That damn Matt skiba! He’s at it again!