Ry-Bread

2019 Tour Thread

16 minutes ago, Neal said:

the band probably did in their in ears, skiba for sure which might made it hard for him to concentrate. All pure speculation though

But that seems like a problem in itself. It's one thing to have terrible musicians up on stage butchering the songs for the audience amusent/bemusement, but if they are butchering the song (assuming he did, I'm 50/50 on that one) and they can't even notice it, the audience has paid 100$ or whatever the price is to hear a backing track and a fan pretending to play along to it. If you're a live band and you bring a guitarist butchering the song on stage and you can't hear the difference, that's not a problem? 

3 minutes ago, Donald Trump's Bulge said:

You aren't throwing anything in my face. I am confident in what I know and what I don't know. I have no problems admitting I am wrong when I am wrong, and right when I am right. I know my strengths. I know my weaknesses. I am very confident in those things.

The fact remains, that the guy didn't screw up ATST. Unless someone can offer up a contradictory claim based on facts; that point stands.

If someone did disprove it, I wouldn't care either. I would happily admit I am wrong.

Yeahhhhhh that’s a lie 

• Haha 3

5 minutes ago, Neal said:

hey you have your opinion, i have mine. i think skiba had his reasons to look so worried to stage right and abort. and probably heared his guitar better in his inear monitoring system than you in that video with the backingtrack blaring over it. unless we don't get ahold of the audio of what that kid played, none of us can guarantee what happend.

It's all guesses

How is it a guess when you watch the chords being played and his strumming pattern?

I don't get it. Again, compare what Skiba did in the verse and compare it to what the guy did.

Tell me what is different. That is all I am asking here. I feel like its not that hard of a request.

1 minute ago, thongrider said:

But that seems like a problem in itself. It's one thing to have terrible musicians up on stage butchering the songs for the audience amusent/bemusement, but if they are butchering the song (assuming he did, I'm 50/50 on that one) and they can't even notice it, the audience has paid 100$ or whatever the price is to hear a backing track and a fan pretending to play along to it. If you're a live band and you bring a guitarist butchering the song on stage and you can't hear the difference, that's not a problem? 

yeah it's strange indeed. my best guess is that skiba had a hard time performing his vocals with that guitar in his monitoring. i guess he could've made it though the song. i think it's a dick move on their part, but i don't think they would shut him off if everything was alright

Oli, it's okay to just disagree on something and let it go.

Just now, Donald Trump's Bulge said:

How is it a guess when you watch the chords being played and his strumming pattern?

I don't get it. Again, compare what Skiba did in the verse and compare it to what the guy did.

Tell me what is different. That is all I am asking here. I feel like its not that hard of a request.

jeez okay one last attempt. you don't know if the guitar you hear on the PA system is majorly the backing track or what the kid is playing. seeing that the sound doesn't cut out when they switch instrument suggests it's mostly the backing track.

Skiba on the other hand must have mostly his guitar and vocals in his monitoring, thus being easily irritated by the smallest mistakes. 

you just don't want to get it.

2 minutes ago, Donald Trump's Bulge said:

Says the coward who has to hide behind his keyboard and can't admit that have in fact; flown a plane. LOL

Admit that you don’t know how to use a semicolon 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Neal said:

yeah it's strange indeed. my best guess is that skiba had a hard time performing his vocals with that guitar in his monitoring. i guess he could've made it though the song. i think it's a dick move on their part, but i don't think they would shut him off if everything was alright

As far as the audience were concerned it must've sounded great. For Mark to say "at least he tried" when he sounded perfect, makes no sense. Unless they had no idea that the audience couldn't hear the guy. In that case it's not their fault I suppose. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Loudernow said:

@Neal Oh I remember your band :) Haven't you played Val Lumnezia back in the days? 

Yeah we did. You were there with bilderbuch if I remember correctly?

We’re just going to ignore the fact that blink has done this countless times and it’s gone fine? @Jon Benjamin even got up there and crushed Wendy Clear.

Matt would not intervene if he didn’t think it was absolutely necessary. Also, backing track or not, whatever the kid was playing was going into Skiba’s ear monitors which is what was likely throwing him off... enough that he felt he needed to take over.

Pretending you can decipher this from a few shots of his hands playing is ridiculous.

• Like 4
  • Love 2

2 minutes ago, thongrider said:

As far as the audience were concerned it must've sounded great. For Mark to say "at least he tried" when he sounded perfect, makes no sense. Unless they had no idea that the audience couldn't hear the guy. In that case it's not their fault I suppose. 

i think they didn't know how much you could hear outside. quite embarassing though, shouldn't skibas live guitar be louder than the backing tracks? super lame from them, if true

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Neal said:

Yeah we did. You were there with bilderbuch if I remember correctly?

Nope. I am not in a band. Eifach schusch am Festival gsi.

• Love 1

15 minutes ago, Neal said:

jeez okay one last attempt. you don't know if the guitar you hear on the PA system is majorly the backing track or what the kid is playing. seeing that the sound doesn't cut out when they switch instrument suggests it's mostly the backing track.

Skiba on the other hand must have mostly his guitar and vocals in his monitoring, thus being easily irritated by the smallest mistakes. 

you just don't want to get it.

So in other words, you can't look at basic chord progressions and strumming patterns and recognize if its right or not?

You have to hear it? Really?

If it was wrong, you should be able to compare Matt to his and explain the differences. The fact that you are avoiding doing this tells me everything I need to know.

5 minutes ago, Donald Trump's Bulge said:

So in other words, you can't look at basic chord progressions and strumming patterns and recognize if its right or not?

If it was wrong, you should be able to compare Matt to his and explain the differences. The fact that you are avoiding doing this tells me everything I need to know.

there is no difference, I agree.. but there also is no difference when skiba takes the guitar from the fan while nobody is playing it.

can you just let it go, and move on believing you are right and i am wrong? that would be great for everbody

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Loudernow said:

Nope. I am not in a band. Eifach schusch am Festival gsi.

Haha , that's a funny coincidence! yeah was back in 2015

3 minutes ago, Donald Trump's Bulge said:

Oh shut the actual fuck up Oli.

He's got a point, if the backing track is that fucking loud in the mix it'd be easy for us to see it and go 'it matches fine' but for the guitar itself to be louder in Matts monitors (which it should be really) and for Matt to get confused if it's a fraction off.

you won't notice it being a fraction off in a video, so it's a valid point. stop trying to catch someone out on something that can't be proved especially when they have an actually valid argument and weren't even attacking you in the first place. Jesus. 

1 minute ago, Ghent said:

Talk about grasping at straws. jesus people

Blink possibly just reached an all time low in their career and Ghent shows up to defend them.