Jump to content
 
Ry-Bread

2019 Tour Thread

Recommended Posts

23 minutes ago, Ry-Bread said:

It's usually 3 songs, but it's def a cool experience if you're a hardcore fan. Your 5 friends may not be down to blow $100 on it, but it's cool IMO. The early entry is nice too. I suspect the "Exclusive VIP Gift Item" will be a signed poster.

doesn't matter floor tickets rush the pit....WASTE!!!!....there is no meet and greet WTF!!!!!!!!!!!??????!!!!!!!!!!! I need to do a blink one....I've only briefly met the band as they were leaving a concert!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Ry-Bread said:

VIP upgrades are now live at blink182merch.com

$100 for soundcheck and some swag
$175 for that and a photo with the band

No "hang out with them for 20 minute" package like last tour.

I heard it was 10 - 15 mins and many felt rushed like a sidechick. AND it was $500 BUCKS!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sounds like you probably shouldn't buy any VIP packages there "ebayscammakilla"

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I did the meet/greet only bc I’m getting to be an old man and would like to finally meet Mark and Travis even if for just a few seconds. Been a fan for a long damn time (my 22-year old grew up listening to them). And Matt is a bonus. ;)

This will be show 12 for me. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ry- when you did this M&Gbefore, did you get anything more than a 10sec photo? Autograph? Handshakes? Ask a question?

Do they use your own phone to take a picture- and snap a few quick?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Marik

Last tour there were 3 tiers, not just these 2... the third tier was basically hanging out with them for 30 minutes which was super cool and they signed whatever. Unfortunately it doesn’t look like they’re doing that this go around.

So it seems like this “M&G” will likely mimic the 2nd tier, which was essentially an assembly line photo op where they get you through pretty quick. You can shake their hands and say what’s up but it’s fast. A photographer takes the photo and emails it to you later on. You weren’t allowed to get anything signed they made you leave all your stuff on a table.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, mahtmd said:

Do we know when the additional tour dates are going to be released? I'm feeling left out! 

I feel you, I’m in nyc metro area and feeling left out

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/14/2019 at 11:32 AM, Ry-Bread said:

Ok so I went to check on seats at one of my venues out of curiosity, and now as others have stated, the front appears to be a normal GA "pit"... wtf? My seats I purchased were within the "pit" area lol... 

wtf, my show now has pit tickets too, but didn't when I bought my tickets. Tempted to buy one but it's $130. Hard to justify that when I bought a $40 ticket before.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Cheerios4u98 said:

wtf, my show now has pit tickets too, but didn't when I bought my tickets. Tempted to buy one but it's $130. Hard to justify that when I bought a $40 ticket before.

You should be able to get those refunded if you want. The only people super screwed are the "Lil Wayne VIP" seats. So basically if you had a VIP seat that is now covered by the pit, you can either keep it (and it's now GA), or get refunded if you get an email about it. The problem is, the pit is sold out at some shows already... so if you paid $300+ for your seat that no longer exists, the only option is to keep it when everyone else only had to pay $130...or get a refund and have to rebuy a seat that is now way further back. There are people who paid $400 for front row, and their ticket is now magically a $130 GA Pit ticket and they will not refund the difference.

In my scenario, my "Lil Wayne VIP" seat is literally the first row behind the newly added pit, and they will not refund me. I've talked to 6-7 people and wasted probably 2.5 hours on the phone with them and they won't do it. All sales final. It's messed up. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The photo op and sound check was totally worth the extra money for anyone on the fence. Me and my friends did it on the California tour and were so glad we did

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Ry-Bread said:

@Marik

Last tour there were 3 tiers, not just these 2... the third tier was basically hanging out with them for 30 minutes which was super cool and they signed whatever. Unfortunately it doesn’t look like they’re doing that this go around.

So it seems like this “M&G” will likely mimic the 2nd tier, which was essentially an assembly line photo op where they get you through pretty quick. You can shake their hands and say what’s up but it’s fast. A photographer takes the photo and emails it to you later on. You weren’t allowed to get anything signed they made you leave all your stuff on a table.

Im HOPING that last time the photo op line was run so fast BECAUSE they also had the tier 1 m&G to fit in that same day. Had to make it 'worth it' more for the tier 1'er and save something special for them to differiate from tier2.

Now that tier 1 doesnt exist, i hope they extend the boundry abit more for the photo opp line -even if its just give each person 60secs and 1 autograph item.

 

Price wise- does this yrs m&G match last yrs tier2? Or does it fall somewhere inbetween last yrs tier 1 and 2? ( but this wouldnt prove the boundries are being stretched, could just be blink inflation lol)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Marik yeah I hope so, I know at the Simple Creatures M&G's which was similar a lot of people asked for a quick autograph. But those were small shows...Blink's a corporation. I also don't see any M&G stuff "sold out" yet so that scares me, clearly they're getting as many people as they can which opens up time constraints if you have 150 people to get through the line.

Last time the Soundcheck/Pic tier thing was ~$150-$175 but included a decent ticket. So it's gone up considering you have to buy your own ticket separately.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Honestly, the regular VIP is worth it if you've never met Blink and been fans of them for like 20+years. Its really not a lot of money.

The whole 30 minute hangout sounded like a waste, and I am glad I didn't do it. All the fans in that ultra VIP were morons. They just kept trying to one up each other with Blink trivia and play the "who is the biggest fan" game. I saw them live in 2009! Well I saw them live in 2004 beat that shit!!

I don't know how Mark, Travis, and Matt put up with 30 minutes of that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Donald Trump's Bulge said:

Honestly, the regular VIP is worth it if you've never met Blink and been fans of them for like 20+years. Its really not a lot of money.

The whole 30 minute hangout sounded like a waste, and I am glad I didn't do it. All the fans in that ultra VIP were morons. They just kept trying to one up each other with Blink trivia and play the "who is the biggest fan" game. I saw them live in 2009! Well I saw them live in 2004 beat that shit!!

I don't know how Mark, Travis, and Matt put up with 30 minutes of that.

You habitually talk about how far your fandom goes back

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Ghent said:

The photo op and sound check was totally worth the extra money for anyone on the fence. Me and my friends did it on the California tour and were so glad we did

We did the sound check for California and I instantly regretted not doing the meet/greet. Was weird to be shuttled out of the way once the sound check was over. 

Tried to do a M&G it in Tulsa a few months later and got screwed when they canceled it. So fingers crossed nothing happens this time. 

Mark and I are the same age. So I’m going to take him a bottle of Geritol or something. 

My superfan daughter just finished college and is moving off so I guess I’ll drag mom with me to the show. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

At my sound check, as they were shuttling people out some weirdo guy went into a freakout and started shouting Mark's name, who was still standing on the stage. Mark ignored him and the guy was taken away. Good times.

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...