2019 Tour Thread

Ry-Bread

On 7/27/2019 at 9:23 PM, jlx9 said:

Funny banter about the Mike situation at 3:42.

I still can't for the life of me tell what was so awful about Mike's playing that made Skiba panic, let alone have it turn into this thing they still feel defensive about. I get that they may have had to turn up the backing track or whatever but watching him play he looked like he was spot on unless his right hand was literally missing the strings or something. Either way, shitting on him (even in a jokey way) comes across really lame and desperate.

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, daveyjones said:

yea but for matt, it is.

Is it though? Matt has spent far more time working on blink-182 since 2015 then he has alkaline trio. Side projects are bands you do in the downtime of your main band.  I’m not saying alkaline trio is matts side project or anything like that, but blink is a lot more than a side project for Matt.

He has got two main bands now. Neither is a side project.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Russel Coight said:

Is it though? Matt has spent far more time working on blink-182 since 2015 then he has alkaline trio.

in comparing california to is this thing cursed? it's easy to see which one is the passion project for skiba. cursed crushes cali like a grape.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

9 minutes ago, daveyjones said:

in comparing california to is this thing cursed? it's easy to see which one is the passion project for skiba. cursed crushes cali like a grape.

Absolutely. Still doesn’t make blink a side project though.

2 minutes ago, daveyjones said:

i like the comment above. side project in the heart / main band in the checking account.

Maybe. I still think Matt cares about blink more then you may be giving him credit for. Do you think Dan and Derek still view blink as a side project for matt even though they’ve hardly worked as alkaline trio these last few years? 

The way I see it is that Matt most likely leveled with them when the Blink opportunity came along, and said something along the lines of, "my heart will always be with Alkaline first, but we've had our great run and I want to give this gig my best shot which means giving myself over to the giant machine that is Blink 182, we'll keep Alkaline alive because that's the most pure version of ourselves but Blink isn't something that can be done with one foot out the door so I have to be on their timelines and work how they want to work for the foreseeable future."

I still can't really tell what he's like personality-wise but just based on knowing who he is a tiny bit at this point I would guess that he wouldn't have gone ahead with Blink if the other Alkaline guys had a problem with any of that.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Champ182 said:

The way I see it is that Matt most likely leveled with them when the Blink opportunity came along, and said something along the lines of, "my heart will always be with Alkaline first, but we've had our great run and I want to give this gig my best shot which means giving myself over to the giant machine that is Blink 182, we'll keep Alkaline alive because that's the most pure version of ourselves but Blink isn't something that can be done with one foot out the door so I have to be on their timelines and work how they want to work for the foreseeable future."

I still can't really tell what he's like personality-wise but just based on knowing who he is a tiny bit at this point I would guess that he wouldn't have gone ahead with Blink if the other Alkaline guys had a problem with any of that.

Yeah I feel this is it, Matt definitely spoke to them about it before. Dan did say to a fan after one of his solo shows that he “really misses his band”’ in a pretty defeated way at one point so maybe he didn’t think alk3 would be put on the back burner as much as it had been though. That was before Is this thing cursed happened.

• Like 2