2019 Tour Thread

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just got back from the Portland show. It was amazing. They sound so much better than they did when I saw them in 2016, and the crowd seemed way more into it than the last time I saw them too. The plac

you’ve got issues dude

Just got out of soundcheck, was soooo dope. Mark wanted to play Man Overboard but Matt didn’t remember it lol, played Mutt, I miss you, then First Date acoustic twice (they were going to play it tonig

Posted Images

On 9/20/2019 at 5:12 AM, OldManFan(of blink) said:

I think canceling El Paso makes sense for the reasons Mark gave but it would have been better to do so while also announcing a return date - even if it’s months out.

Skiba just posted something on IG implying they would be making up the El Paso and Columbus dates they had to cancel btw.

4 hours ago, Ghent said:

Remember when you all were obsessively checking seating charts saying this tour was a failure and blink was dead?

That was fun!

Everyone(Oliver especially) was so convinced the tour was going to fail. Then the band nailed it.

Everyone(Oliver especially) was so convinced that Nine was going to be an absolute failure and the band was washed up and finished. Then the band fucking nailed it.

There’s definitely a pattern here.

• Like 4
5 hours ago, Ghent said:

Remember when you all were obsessively checking seating charts saying this tour was a failure and blink was dead?

That was fun!

To be fair, the band had that fear as well and made it an Enema tour last minute to push sales.

I‘m happy it worked. Awesome to see Blink doing well. 

• Like 1

If poor initial ticket sales are what gets blink to celebrate album anniversaries, I hope ticket sales start off bad on every tour from now on. Would absolutely love a TOYPAJ / Neighborhoods combined 20 and 10 year anniversary tour.

I've been to multiple shows where bands have played two full albums live. I really doubt blink would ever do that though. But it would be awesome.

13 minutes ago, Cheerios4u98 said:

I've been to multiple shows where bands have played two full albums live. I really doubt blink would ever do that though. But it would be awesome.

motion city's tour when they did two dates per city, two albums straight through per night was amazing. if blink did that... holy shit. but it will never happen.

• Like 1

That would really be incredible! Alkaline Trio did the Past Lives Tour right after it was announced that Skiba was joining Blink I believe in 2015. That was 2 albums a night for I think 3 nights in a row going through their entire discography. A very impressive feat, ( That's also where Skiba said that he started using a teleprompter for the first time). 

But yeah.... That's probably not going to happen, atleast anytime soon.

• Like 2

It seems like just last wk we having seating charts change the pit on us, wondering if Wayne would feat in their set, what the M&G packages were going to offer, the scare of first show being cancelled.....

Now its all come and gone, i gotta say it went pretty much as successful as i could have hoped. Great crowds, Matt more comfortable, a cool travis solo, WASTING TIME, and some nice lil nostalga throwbacks like Pulp Fiction intro and Satan's return.

A few hiccups here and there with wayne being lil wayne, and the cancelled shows, but for me i will look back at this summer tour fondly and as a nice lil bonus tour to celebrate Enema before the Nine era begins proper with (presumably) its own tour.

• Like 2

Looking ahead, i would love them to take a big risk and tour Nine by playing 10 songs from this album with 10 of their hits. Im not saying i think 10 songs from Nine are better than rest of their catalogoue, but i just want to see full committment to a new album, and them learning cool productions of how to present these new tunes. The fact that they got use to no Feeling This or Rock Show, makes me hope they're more comfortable letting some of da hitz go.

EDIT: second thought, maybe i'm okay with 6 songs from Nine, and 4 older deep cuts (one each from Dude Ranch, TOYPAJ, Untitled, Neighbourhoods)

• Like 2