Ry-Bread

2019 Tour Thread

32 minutes ago, YANGGANG_2020 said:

A beta male wouldn't understand.

But would I if I read that book?

8 hours ago, voyeur182 said:

God Skiba is such an amateur sometimes... He didn't even figure out why Mark stopped him in the first place when it clearly sounded off. How can you not hear that? Especially being a professional musician and all.

Any anyway who needs an effing click to such an easy song? Just follow the voice of the singer.

"Ohhhhhhhh, the click! Right! Haha"

What's with this nitpicking? Tom sang out of tune 100% of the time and now suddenly we're worried about them being unprofessional?

• Like 1

I'm not nitpicking my friend, I'm just expecting better from my favorite band.

You're a bit exaggerating when you say Tom sang out of tune 100% of the times. Tom might have his own flaws, but it's pretty rare seeing him display an "Oh what an amateur" moment. On the other hand, Matt is displaying such moments almost every show at this point and it's getting more difficult to ignore. It almost felt like Mark couldn't even ignore it this time around, he sounded pissed.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, voyeur182 said:

I'm not nitpicking my friend, I'm just expecting better from my favorite band.

You're a bit exaggerating when you say Tom sang out of tune 100% of the times. Tom might have his own flaws, but it's pretty rare seeing him display an "Oh what an amateur" moment. On the other hand, Matt is displaying such moments almost every show at this point and it's getting more difficult to ignore. It almost felt like Mark couldn't even ignore it this time around, he sounded pissed.

Yeah, the back and forth clearly indicates that Mark is not happy with his constant fuck ups. Matt wouldn't be saying "What did I do wrong?" if behind the scenes there wasn't issues.

21 minutes ago, Donald Trump's Bulge said:

Yeah, the back and forth clearly indicates that Mark is not happy with his constant fuck ups. Matt wouldn't be saying "What did I do wrong?" if behind the scenes there wasn't issues.

Yeah not to read too much into it, but it always seems tense and unenjoyable in interviews, when Matt said he was incorrect during the emo rant by Mark felt strange to me

Pretty glad I didn’t end up spending $70 to see them last night. 

Some of the videos from last night were hard to watch.

9 hours ago, Donald Trump's Bulge said:

Why do I always have to be wrong? What the fuck is it that people are hell bent on saying everything I post is wrong?

Its gets really stupid after awhile.

The ongoing alpha/beta discussion gets stupid too.

Really though I was bored and just wanted to post a stupid meme. Didn’t realize how gigantic the image was because I posted it on mobile. I saw my post on a PC and I felt like a fool!

Alternate angle of the IRWIHY ordeal lol, to me it just seemed like Skiba was playing the wrong chords? But idk... they jumped right into Dumpweed

Here is the Misfits cover:

• Like 1

Yep, 100% convinced Skiba fucked up and Mark is sick of it. The click track thing is bullshit. There is no click track that magically starts on cue when Skiba restarts the song. Skiba was playing the wrong chords.

Mark even moves his head towards Skiba when he says "whats happening?"

Mark knew if he was still fucking up the second time around it wasn't going to get fixed. So he made up the click track excuse and they moved on.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Champ182 said:

whaaaaaaaaaat the fuuuuuuuuuuuck

Yep. Matt actually managed to butcher a 3 (power) chord song that literally don't change until the bridge. And the worst part is he didn't even notice it. Sorry, but that's a big yikes for me dog.

I hate to admit, but my appreciation to my favorite band is declining. Slowly, but surely. It sucks man.

• Like 1

I dont believe someone like skiba who has been in the business for decades fucks up this bad and doesnt notice. He either has absolutely no musical ear or he has some other issues. I fear its the latter

Yeah that alternate angle kinda shows Mark giving Skiba the stank eye during both chord changes, lol. He says "That's f'ed up" initially right away. The second time Skiba kinda shrugs his shoulders at him like "What am I doing wrong?"

It makes for a funny moment.

I've cut way back on any "cover band/other people write their material" cracks lately but my god, that was just painful and sad to see. He's clearly pretending to play along to a backing track, at 0:16 he stops "playing" and the botched backing track keeps going without him and later on you can see him changing his power chord position but the backing track stays on the same note. So the backing track was off, Skiba didn't realize it and kept pretending to play the guitar, nobody knew what to do, what a mess.

And then to just skip it and move to the next song like they're my shitty band in high school panicking after forgetting how to play a verse or something? Just play the song, you can still do it without backing tracks! You're professionals, your sound and lighting techs are professionals, it's your song, just play it!

Between that Parking Lot video where he clearly isn't playing the riff, then Mike or whatever his name was getting the guitar taken away mid-song even though it sounded completely fine, and now this, I can't even imagine how often they're relying on fake playing to pre-recorded guitar tracks.

(What would you call guitar lip-syncing anyway, riff-syncing? Is that a good phrase?)

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Champ182 said:

I've cut way back on any "cover band/other people write their material" cracks lately but my god, that was just painful and sad to see. He's clearly pretending to play along to a backing track, at 0:16 he stops "playing" and the botched backing track keeps going without him and later on you can see him changing his power chord position but the backing track stays on the same note. So the backing track was off, Skiba didn't realize it and kept pretending to play the guitar, nobody knew what to do, what a mess.

And then to just skip it and move to the next song like they're my shitty band in high school panicking after forgetting how to play a verse or something? Just play the song, you can still do it without backing tracks! Between that Parking Lot video where he clearly isn't playing the riff, then Mike or whatever his name was getting the guitar taken away mid-song even though it sounded completely fine, and now this, I can't even imagine how often they're relying on fake playing to pre-recorded guitar tracks.

(What would you call guitar lip-syncing anyway, riff-syncing? Is that a good phrase?)

Yeah I’m taking back my funny banter comment, that just looks fucking awkward. Actually thought Matt played there since it sounded like his live clean tone. He’s fine playing in Alkaline Trio, but what’s his deal here? “They’re not his songs” yadayadayada I get it, but they’re not fucking hard. There’s barely anything to this song that he apparently wrote but they keep managing to fuck it up live, usually at the beginning. They should just retire it but it seems like it’s the biggest single outside of Darkside. This is what happens when you create a song made for radio-play with too many cooks involved.

• Like 1

Yeah my desire to see them live is very small these days. I guess if they actually came to my town (which they never have, although it was scheduled than cancelled) I would go but otherwise i have no burning desire to see them live anymore.