Jump to content
 

2019 Tour Thread


Recommended Posts

9 hours ago, Donald Trump's Bulge said:

Why do I always have to be wrong? What the fuck is it that people are hell bent on saying everything I post is wrong?

Its gets really stupid after awhile.

The ongoing alpha/beta discussion gets stupid too.

Really though I was bored and just wanted to post a stupid meme. Didn’t realize how gigantic the image was because I posted it on mobile. I saw my post on a PC and I felt like a fool!

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just got back from the Portland show. It was amazing. They sound so much better than they did when I saw them in 2016, and the crowd seemed way more into it than the last time I saw them too. The plac

you’ve got issues dude

Just got out of soundcheck, was soooo dope. Mark wanted to play Man Overboard but Matt didn’t remember it lol, played Mutt, I miss you, then First Date acoustic twice (they were going to play it tonig

Posted Images

Yep, 100% convinced Skiba fucked up and Mark is sick of it. The click track thing is bullshit. There is no click track that magically starts on cue when Skiba restarts the song. Skiba was playing the wrong chords.

Mark even moves his head towards Skiba when he says "whats happening?"

Mark knew if he was still fucking up the second time around it wasn't going to get fixed. So he made up the click track excuse and they moved on.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Champ182 said:

whaaaaaaaaaat the fuuuuuuuuuuuck

Yep. Matt actually managed to butcher a 3 (power) chord song that literally don't change until the bridge. And the worst part is he didn't even notice it. Sorry, but that's a big yikes for me dog.

I hate to admit, but my appreciation to my favorite band is declining. Slowly, but surely. It sucks man.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah that alternate angle kinda shows Mark giving Skiba the stank eye during both chord changes, lol. He says "That's f'ed up" initially right away. The second time Skiba kinda shrugs his shoulders at him like "What am I doing wrong?"

It makes for a funny moment.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I've cut way back on any "cover band/other people write their material" cracks lately but my god, that was just painful and sad to see. He's clearly pretending to play along to a backing track, at 0:16 he stops "playing" and the botched backing track keeps going without him and later on you can see him changing his power chord position but the backing track stays on the same note. So the backing track was off, Skiba didn't realize it and kept pretending to play the guitar, nobody knew what to do, what a mess.

And then to just skip it and move to the next song like they're my shitty band in high school panicking after forgetting how to play a verse or something? Just play the song, you can still do it without backing tracks! You're professionals, your sound and lighting techs are professionals, it's your song, just play it!

Between that Parking Lot video where he clearly isn't playing the riff, then Mike or whatever his name was getting the guitar taken away mid-song even though it sounded completely fine, and now this, I can't even imagine how often they're relying on fake playing to pre-recorded guitar tracks.

(What would you call guitar lip-syncing anyway, riff-syncing? Is that a good phrase?)

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Champ182 said:

I've cut way back on any "cover band/other people write their material" cracks lately but my god, that was just painful and sad to see. He's clearly pretending to play along to a backing track, at 0:16 he stops "playing" and the botched backing track keeps going without him and later on you can see him changing his power chord position but the backing track stays on the same note. So the backing track was off, Skiba didn't realize it and kept pretending to play the guitar, nobody knew what to do, what a mess.

And then to just skip it and move to the next song like they're my shitty band in high school panicking after forgetting how to play a verse or something? Just play the song, you can still do it without backing tracks! Between that Parking Lot video where he clearly isn't playing the riff, then Mike or whatever his name was getting the guitar taken away mid-song even though it sounded completely fine, and now this, I can't even imagine how often they're relying on fake playing to pre-recorded guitar tracks.

(What would you call guitar lip-syncing anyway, riff-syncing? Is that a good phrase?)

Yeah I’m taking back my funny banter comment, that just looks fucking awkward. Actually thought Matt played there since it sounded like his live clean tone. He’s fine playing in Alkaline Trio, but what’s his deal here? “They’re not his songs” yadayadayada I get it, but they’re not fucking hard. There’s barely anything to this song that he apparently wrote but they keep managing to fuck it up live, usually at the beginning. They should just retire it but it seems like it’s the biggest single outside of Darkside. This is what happens when you create a song made for radio-play with too many cooks involved.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah my desire to see them live is very small these days. I guess if they actually came to my town (which they never have, although it was scheduled than cancelled) I would go but otherwise i have no burning desire to see them live anymore. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

They’ve been playing with guitar backing tracks for a long time now. Like a decade.

Thats honestly why I think having blink as a four piece would be cool. No more fake guitar live. I mean, they don’t need it with three people either, but if they’re really that desperate to have two guitar tracks, two guitarists would be nice.

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Cheerios4u98 said:

They’ve been playing with guitar backing tracks for a long time now. Like a decade.

I know they had certain backing tracks going on to supplement what Tom played live, but not to REPLACE what Tom played live. Not that I ever saw or noticed anyway.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I think Matt is bored with blink, probably feels pressured now not to shit on Mark and Travis and pack up his shit and go back to trio, the negative press he’ll get for quitting wouldn’t be good. Or he facing some other demons... he acts bored and spaced out in interviews with short answers, his live performances are void of excitement. Probably doesn’t help that even he said it’s only a matter of time for Tom to come back and he basically out, he knows he’s a fill in and sees the negative comments about how blink is shit while he been in the band. He looks, sounds, and acts burnt out by blink. I felt bad in a recent interview mark and Matt sat down with some British radio host girl and the first ten minutes was awkward about Tom returning and irwihy being about him and Matt just sits like “you got to be fucking kidding me with this bs again”. Dude is probably sick of pretending in a band that isn’t his and wants to go back to his baby, his true creative outlet in trio, let’s just hope his time in blink land doesn’t cause deteriorating relationships with his trio band mates 

  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, GuitarPunk2512 said:

I think Matt is bored with blink, probably feels pressured now not to shit on Mark and Travis and pack up his shit and go back to trio, the negative press he’ll get for quitting wouldn’t be good. Or he facing some other demons... he acts bored and spaced out in interviews with short answers, his live performances are void of excitement. Probably doesn’t help that even he said it’s only a matter of time for Tom to come back and he basically out, he knows he’s a fill in and sees the negative comments about how blink is shit while he been in the band. He looks, sounds, and acts burnt out by blink. I felt bad in a recent interview mark and Matt sat down with some British radio host girl and the first ten minutes was awkward about Tom returning and irwihy being about him and Matt just sits like “you got to be fucking kidding me with this bs again”. Dude is probably sick of pretending in a band that isn’t his and wants to go back to his baby, his true creative outlet in trio, let’s just hope his time in blink land doesn’t cause deteriorating relationships with his trio band mates 

I would say you're right but then again blink is the biggest money he's ever done in his career, by a long shot. Also, as a musician and all playing in front of huge audiences like in blink must feel as good as a drug. These things are too hard to give up upon even if you feel like it's not your place. 

A good analogy will be a good soccer player, like Gareth Bale, got signed in one of the biggest clubs in the world, Real Madrid. Bale didn't fit in the club, the managers, the language, etc... but yet he still remains in the club. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

These neverending questions about Tom coming back must be really depressing. There's hardly any interview where they do not have to talk about that. No wonder, because Tom has stoked the flames of reunion rumors.

And there are always a lot of questions about their past so naturally Matt doesn't have to say much about these topics. They should ask more about NINE (about all songs, not only the "singles") like this interview:

https://www.rockurlife.net/interviews-english/blink-182-15-10-19-2/

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/28/2019 at 4:54 PM, Ry-Bread said:

Here is the Misfits cover:

 

I love their Misfits covers, they always sound so tight. The last time I saw them live with Tom they played Hybrid Moments and it was great but this cover of Skulls kicks ass too. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...