2019 Tour Thread

I think Matt is bored with blink, probably feels pressured now not to shit on Mark and Travis and pack up his shit and go back to trio, the negative press he’ll get for quitting wouldn’t be good. Or he facing some other demons... he acts bored and spaced out in interviews with short answers, his live performances are void of excitement. Probably doesn’t help that even he said it’s only a matter of time for Tom to come back and he basically out, he knows he’s a fill in and sees the negative comments about how blink is shit while he been in the band. He looks, sounds, and acts burnt out by blink. I felt bad in a recent interview mark and Matt sat down with some British radio host girl and the first ten minutes was awkward about Tom returning and irwihy being about him and Matt just sits like “you got to be fucking kidding me with this bs again”. Dude is probably sick of pretending in a band that isn’t his and wants to go back to his baby, his true creative outlet in trio, let’s just hope his time in blink land doesn’t cause deteriorating relationships with his trio band mates 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just got back from the Portland show. It was amazing. They sound so much better than they did when I saw them in 2016, and the crowd seemed way more into it than the last time I saw them too. The plac

you’ve got issues dude

Just got out of soundcheck, was soooo dope. Mark wanted to play Man Overboard but Matt didn’t remember it lol, played Mutt, I miss you, then First Date acoustic twice (they were going to play it tonig

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, GuitarPunk2512 said:

I think Matt is bored with blink, probably feels pressured now not to shit on Mark and Travis and pack up his shit and go back to trio, the negative press he’ll get for quitting wouldn’t be good. Or he facing some other demons... he acts bored and spaced out in interviews with short answers, his live performances are void of excitement. Probably doesn’t help that even he said it’s only a matter of time for Tom to come back and he basically out, he knows he’s a fill in and sees the negative comments about how blink is shit while he been in the band. He looks, sounds, and acts burnt out by blink. I felt bad in a recent interview mark and Matt sat down with some British radio host girl and the first ten minutes was awkward about Tom returning and irwihy being about him and Matt just sits like “you got to be fucking kidding me with this bs again”. Dude is probably sick of pretending in a band that isn’t his and wants to go back to his baby, his true creative outlet in trio, let’s just hope his time in blink land doesn’t cause deteriorating relationships with his trio band mates 

I would say you're right but then again blink is the biggest money he's ever done in his career, by a long shot. Also, as a musician and all playing in front of huge audiences like in blink must feel as good as a drug. These things are too hard to give up upon even if you feel like it's not your place. 

A good analogy will be a good soccer player, like Gareth Bale, got signed in one of the biggest clubs in the world, Real Madrid. Bale didn't fit in the club, the managers, the language, etc... but yet he still remains in the club. 

These neverending questions about Tom coming back must be really depressing. There's hardly any interview where they do not have to talk about that. No wonder, because Tom has stoked the flames of reunion rumors.

And there are always a lot of questions about their past so naturally Matt doesn't have to say much about these topics. They should ask more about NINE (about all songs, not only the "singles") like this interview:

https://www.rockurlife.net/interviews-english/blink-182-15-10-19-2/

On 10/28/2019 at 4:54 PM, Ry-Bread said:

Here is the Misfits cover:

I love their Misfits covers, they always sound so tight. The last time I saw them live with Tom they played Hybrid Moments and it was great but this cover of Skulls kicks ass too. 

• Like 1