Ry-Bread

2019 Tour Thread

Saw someone mentioned autographs way back in this thread. I purchased the high end M&G opportunity and reached out to SandBag LTD asking if there was an opportunity for signed memorabilia. They haven’t responded but I had a long email explaining of ways it’s been done in the past with other bands:

•limit amount of items per person to be signed

•form a large circle and have each member start at one point of the circle and go around

•someone of a time limit with each member

I told them that the last year with just an opportunity to take a photo and move on wasn’t really considered a true meet and greet. Definitely not saying we are entitled to anything, just putting in perspective for them as this is the first time they’re overseeing this stuff for blink  

I remember reading someone had asked and they said it was ultimately up to the band. For those in the M&G wanting to get stuff signed, I’d say reach out to SandBag with similar inquiries and maybe tweet at the band the next time Mark does an AMA. 

@Dook yeah I'm hoping since it is listed as a "Meet & Greet" they will allow a quick autograph. If it was assembly line photo op like last year, I would hope it would be listed as such. But, I would not be surprised at all if it is. I reached out to Sandbag as well and they said:

"We believe there is a photo op, but do not know of any signings."

Given the a la carte price structure (it's more than a ticket ffs), I am hoping they are cool about it. At absolute minimum, the "VIP gift" should be a signed poster which sorta makes up for not being allowed to ask. 

I've checked on several shows and they still have only "SOLD OUT" of M&G in LA...so that makes me think there are potentially 100+ tickets available for this which would make it even more unlikely to have time to sign stuff. So we'll see.

Does anyone know if Sandbag ran the Simple Creatures VIP? People got stuff signed at those, though I'm sure it was far less people. 

25 minutes ago, Donald Trump's Bulge said:

Its not that the Lil Wayne decision is just misunderstood by stupid people; its that its a fucking poor decision. Just like the piece of shit song they just did and the horrible mashup.

lol "the horrible mashup"..

it was a joke promo dude. the only reason you are even talking about it is because you don't like seeing blink with a tatted black guy. just own it

11 minutes ago, Ry-Bread said:

@Dook yeah I'm hoping since it is listed as a "Meet & Greet" they will allow a quick autograph. If it was assembly line photo op like last year, I would hope it would be listed as such. But, I would not be surprised at all if it is. I reached out to Sandbag as well and they said:

"We believe there is a photo op, but do not know of any signings."

Given the a la carte price structure (it's more than a ticket ffs), I am hoping they are cool about it. At absolute minimum, the "VIP gift" should be a signed poster which sorta makes up for not being allowed to ask. 

I've checked on several shows and they still have only "SOLD OUT" of M&G in LA...so that makes me think there are potentially 100+ tickets available for this which would make it even more unlikely to have time to sign stuff. So we'll see.

Does anyone know if Sandbag ran the Simple Creatures VIP? People got stuff signed at those, though I'm sure it was far less people. 

Have you reached out to them directly? Might be worth doing that so they see there’s a lot of interest behind it. I mean, if they limit it to 1 or 2 items per person, I can see a quick autograph with photo. 

To be honest, I’d rather have an autograph rather than a picture. Might ask if I can use my time for that instead haha. 

17 minutes ago, Ghent said:

it was a joke promo dude. the only reason you are even talking about it is because you don't like seeing blink with a tatted black guy. just own it

What was the joke?

1 minute ago, Champ182 said:

What was the joke?

Putting together two completely different songs in two completely genres for shits and giggles...

On ‎5‎/‎25‎/‎2019 at 12:23 AM, boxelder said:

every artist is doing this these days. it's a way to inflate the numbers for first-week sales

Yup. Prince started this I think back in the early 2000s. It's shameful.

27 minutes ago, Ghent said:

You cherry picked my post.

Either retarded or a troll. It can be only one.

• Like 1

The use of "mashup" reminded me of this from a while back of Blink's What's my Age Again and Jay Z's Dirt off your Shoulder. I guess this is the sort of thing the Lil Wayne song was going for?

54 minutes ago, Dook said:

Have you reached out to them directly? Might be worth doing that so they see there’s a lot of interest behind it. I mean, if they limit it to 1 or 2 items per person, I can see a quick autograph with photo. 

To be honest, I’d rather have an autograph rather than a picture. Might ask if I can use my time for that instead haha. 

Reached out to the band directly? Nah not really. I've seen people ask Mark during his Twitter AMA's and haven't seen him answer any. It probably hasn't even been discussed or thought of yet. People have asked the Blink IG account and I'm sure they have no clue either. 

Last tour I asked Trav if he would sign his solo CD during the photo op and he said he would, but after they made you drop your stuff off at a table and reinforced the "No autographs" rule, I chickened out LOL!

That's actually a good thought, I too would much rather have an autograph than a photo. (Funny thing is we are likely in the extreme minority on that). Would gladly take that over another photo op. 

Heh, I'd way rather have a photo than a autograph. I have lots of autographs from lots of my favorite bands, but they're nothing to me compared to the very few photos I have with bands I like. You can get an autograph from anywhere. It might not even be real. But a photo is the real proof that you were actually right there with the guys. Both are cool, but I prefer photos for sure.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Ry-Bread said:

Reached out to the band directly? Nah not really. I've seen people ask Mark during his Twitter AMA's and haven't seen him answer any. It probably hasn't even been discussed or thought of yet. People have asked the Blink IG account and I'm sure they have no clue either. 

Last tour I asked Trav if he would sign his solo CD during the photo op and he said he would, but after they made you drop your stuff off at a table and reinforced the "No autographs" rule, I chickened out LOL!

That's actually a good thought, I too would much rather have an autograph than a photo. (Funny thing is we are likely in the extreme minority on that). Would gladly take that over another photo op. 

Thats really bizarre. First off, you already have a shit ton of Blink signed stuff

Second, you can get them on ebay.

Meeting Blink for a photo  is a rare opportunity. As much as I love signed stuff, it far pales in comparison to photos with people.

• Like 2

Yeah, signatures aren't that cool unless they are personalized to you. And that makes them worthless to anyone else

35 minutes ago, Donald Trump's Bulge said:

Thats really bizarre. First off, you already have a shit ton of Blink signed stuff

Second, you can get them on ebay.

Meeting Blink for a photo  is a rare opportunity. As much as I love signed stuff, it far pales in comparison to photos with people.

I already have like 3-4 pictures with blink though...and I collect autographs. Plus ones I get in person are way more meaningful than just buying them on eBay. (I've tried to rid most of my sports collections of stuff I didn't get personally, and am pretty picky nowadays on blink stuff).

So if I had a choice, I would much rather add a signed Simple Creatures/Is This Thing Cursed or new Blink album to my collection, as opposed to a faked photo real quick...personally. 

Gotta just be day 1 practice list, doubt they’d bust it out every show.  But that should mean any of those songs are fair game for a soundcheck/deep cut. Would love to hear GATC live.

If they go with the Enema setlist like they did before, it’s definitely likely they don’t have the album done. They haven’t made any studio updates since before BIOMY dropped. I know they’re in the mixing stage, so nothing really interesting, but all we have heard recently was rehearsals. Based off the setlist, they’re not even playing BIOMY  - either due to not having enough time to get it ready live or just fear of fan reception.