2019 Tour Thread

52 minutes ago, daveyjones said:

and that's the high end. most of the bands i want to see live are in the ~$20 [plus "fees"] range.

the 2016 california tour date i went to, for GA (floor/pit) was $75 + $15.50 "convenience " = $90.50. which, after i saw how they performed, i felt like i got mugged.

granted, i was on the barricade, right in front of mark (and the only one who knew any lyrics outside of all the small things), which brought back a super rush of old times nostalgia. but those old times cost like $15 back then. sigh.

Yeah, $60 is my high end. The only time I've paid more is when I took my wife to see Blue October, they're her favorite band so I splurged on the VIP so she could meet them ... but that was only like $150 for two tickets. I wouldn't do it for any band I like and I barely even go to shows anymore. I remember coming up I saw a ton of great bands for $10 or $15 at the door and enjoyed it more than any large venue show. I'm just old and ranting though, I mean, if people want to pay those prices then good on them for supporting the act, it lets the bands continue being a band but it's just not for me.

Personally, I have no real interest in seeing Blink perform enema with or without Tom ... I'm not big on album shows ... but I can certainly understand the appeal for some people and I think its fine that Blink is doing it. I also don't think having Matt doing it is really that big of a deal, I mean it'd be cool if it were Tom but it's not so whatever. At the end of the day it's just a nod to the album and should just be about celebrating those songs. If seeing Matt playing Tom's songs on Enema isn't your thing then don't see it, why complain about it? Just don't give them your money, simple as that, you know?

• Like 1
  • Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just got back from the Portland show. It was amazing. They sound so much better than they did when I saw them in 2016, and the crowd seemed way more into it than the last time I saw them too. The plac

you’ve got issues dude

Just got out of soundcheck, was soooo dope. Mark wanted to play Man Overboard but Matt didn’t remember it lol, played Mutt, I miss you, then First Date acoustic twice (they were going to play it tonig

Posted Images

6 minutes ago, RebelGirlsUnite said:

They're covering Tom only songs... What don't you get.

Yes but only for 50% of the songs. Whereas if they replaced billy joe it would be for 100% of the songs. That’s why your comparison doesn’t work. This is super basic math.

• Like 1
Just now, Russel Coight said:

Yes but only for 50% of the songs. Whereas if they replaced billy joe it would be for 100% of the songs. That’s why your comparison doesn’t work. This is super basic math.

Maybe they could do a show based around the handful of Tre Cool songs, lol

5 minutes ago, Russel Coight said:

So do you just take a nap for 50% of the songs then?  A Tom only Enema song is little difference to a Billie Joe Dookie song.

THE COMPARISON STANDS.

4 minutes ago, boxelder said:

i don’t know how the contracts on these types of things works, but what’s the likelihood that lil wayne bails on this whole this eight shows in and they have to get simple plan to cover the rest of the tour?

It still depends on how these shows are going to sell I think? Now it looks like Lil Wayne is a special guest and not a co-headliner. 

Embarrassing day for this band. What a desperate, lame maneuver. 

I mean, I just read an interview LAST NIGHT with Tom where he basically said he was going to go down as a major figure in world history, and he still looks like less of a clown than these guys.

• Like 2
2 hours ago, RebelGirlsUnite said:

Okay then cancel out all of Tom only songs and we're good.  Honestly I'm freaking happy to hear they're playing Adam's Song, great Mark song, but Mutt and Aliens Exist? Nah. Nah fam.  That is weak.

They already play half the Enema Tom songs anyway. Mark isnt going to destroy his voice singing 24 songs a night. Ill take Mutt over some California song

• Like 2

SO..... back to vip M&G's....

Lets say, they allow 1 item autographed per person (pretty much our best case senario). What do you think the proper etticate is with Matt? 

I mean, the obvious item to get signed on this tour would be an Enema related item. So do you just ask Mark and Trav to sign it and sheepishly hold it back from matt assuming he understands he wasnt involved with the album? Do you just go ahead and get him to sign it regardless? Knowing this situation, do you specifically bring a Cali item so it makes sense for all 3 to sign it? Do you risk pushing your luck and bring Enema for Mark and Trav and also an alk3 item for only matt to sign?

Serious question. Ry and my other m&g'ers, how u thinking of handling this situation?

12 minutes ago, Marik said:

SO..... back to vip M&G's....

Lets say, they allow 1 item autographed per person (pretty much our best case senario). What do you think the proper etticate is with Matt? 

I mean, the obvious item to get signed on this tour would be an Enema related item. So do you just ask Mark and Trav to sign it and sheepishly hold it back from matt assuming he understands he wasnt involved with the album? Do you just go ahead and get him to sign it regardless? Knowing this situation, do you specifically bring a Cali item so it makes sense for all 3 to sign it? Do you risk pushing your luck and bring Enema for Mark and Trav and also an alk3 item for only matt to sign?

Serious question. Ry and my other m&g'ers, how u thinking of handling this situation?

Not a M&G’er unfortunately, but I think Matt will sign it if you want him to. I don’t think he would sign anything pre-Cali if you didn’t ask him. It’s not really a big deal. I doubt he would cause a stir because he understands his place in the band’s history. Most of what I saw on the Cali tour was that people were fans of ALK3 and/or his side projects and would just have him sign those instead. @Ry-Bread may have been one of those people but I don’t remember.