Blame It on My Youth (the Raccoon song)

Loudernow

1 minute ago, knapton said:

They hadva chance to do something cool coming out of the bridge. After Mark says excuse and Travis does his drum fill, they couldve gone into a more rocking chorus, but no, back to the same chorus

Yeah I was thinking after several listens they really could've came in halfway heavy and closed the song out solidly. The autotune "summer" outro is embarassing. 

20 minutes ago, Dylan_ said:

The chorus sounds veryyy similar to Imagine Dragons. 

It really does.  As a fan of Imagine Dragons, this is just fine with me.  Though as someone looking for what was hopefully going to sound in the same vein as Untitled, this is not what I'm looking for.  But who am I kidding, a song like this will likely do great on the radio in this day and age, which I'm sure is the goal with such a single.  Definitely far more enjoyable a listen than Rebel Girl though, I will say that.

2 minutes ago, M!ke said:

It really does.  As a fan of Imagine Dragons, this is just fine with me.  Though as someone looking for what was hopefully going to sound in the same vein as Untitled, this is not what I'm looking for.  But who am I kidding, a song like this will likely do great on the radio in this day and age, which I'm sure is the goal with such a single.  Definitely far more enjoyable a listen than Rebel Girl though, I will say that.

You know Imagine Dragons is like the new Nickelback right?

My thoughts...

pros: I like the guitar sound, very The Cure-esque, just like Simple Creatures. Catchy chorus, Matt just sings well, Travis and the hip hop beats. Definitely different.

cons: cringe lyrics, a bit overproduced but I think that’s what this album will be going for. One of my main issues from California, while I still enjoyed very much, is that they don’t let the instruments breathe, like they don’t have to sing over everything. Let the instruments carry themselves over to the next chorus/ verse. 

Overall, I can definitely say it’s a grower and I’ll probably hum it and hear throughout the rest of the day/week, but nothing great. Bored To Death was an instant top 15 for me on the first listen, and this one isn’t. My biggest worry is Mark overthinking what Blink-182 is and losing touch with what made blink special. I expect more from the boys next time around.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, M!ke said:

giphy.gif

• Like 5
  • Love 1
  • Haha 2

That was fucking garbage. Mark should be ashamed even remotely insinuating this could sound like something off Self-Titled. Guy needs to blast GO in his car and figure out what the hell blinks identity used to be. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, _Kyle_ said:

giphy.gif

In the past I've literally posted topics in the other bands sections getting excited about upcoming Imagine Dragons album at the time.  You've been around long enough to have seen that, in fact I'm pretty sure you commented in that thread.  So you really shouldn't be confused or surprised by such a revelation lol.

Edit: Lol yup, you were the first to respond, of course (you must really have something against that band, huh?): 

3 minutes ago, Donald Trump's Bulge said:

Piece of shit.

Just an imagine dragons rewrite stripped of everything that once made Blink great. Even Travis can't save it.

Its really a shame that Blink/AVA are so productive now, but are so productive at being mediocre.

ha i knew you were gunna hate it the second i heard the preview clip. 

2 minutes ago, M!ke said:

In the past I've literally posted topics in the other bands sections getting excited about upcoming Imagine Dragons album at the time.  You've been around long enough to have seen that, in fact I'm pretty sure you commented in that thread.  So you really shouldn't be confused or surprised by such a revelation lol.

Edit: Lol yup, you were the first to respond, of course (you must really have something against that band, huh?): 

There is nothing wrong with Imagine Dragons.

But if I had wanted to listen to them, I'd put them on. I don't need Blink to do a bad rewrite of one of their songs.

3 minutes ago, Mau5 said:

That was fucking garbage. Mark should be ashamed even remotely insinuating this could sound like something of Self-Titled. Guy needs to blast GO in his car and figure out what the hell blinks identity used to be. 

Yet another piece of evidence towards the fact that you can never ever listen to what Mark says when hes talking about new music. Hes always wrong