Blame It on My Youth (the Raccoon song)

Loudernow

Blink releases a song with guitars and summery pop punk vibe: That sucks they wanna satisfy young pop punk kids that listen to all time low. They don't push the sound forward.

Blink releases a song with a more different vibe than they've ever had, anthemic kinda: That sucks, where are the guitars and the pop punk, it sounds like fall out boy. They wanna satisfy pop listeners.

You guys are gonna hate whatever the band releases at this point why do you even bother?

• Like 6
  • Wow 1

The Untitled comments from Mark, which as we all expected, look just fucking comical now. 

The attempt to stay relevant by this band at this point is just borderline pathetic. Matt actually saves this song from being more of an unmitigated disaster than it already was. 

Looking back it was hard to believe I was beyond excited for the Skiba/Hoppus collab expecting some +44/AK3 combo of darkness. Instead we get a collection of bubble gum crap pop to try and prop their name back up into the mainstream. 

"Please Take Me Home" came up on my shuffle after listening to this junk and I just had to laugh. What a way to just shit on their legacy of being trailblazers in the pop-punk genre. 

Fucking tragic. 

• Like 6

6 minutes ago, Jane said:

Umm what band is this again?

Blink's history is actually a lot like the Goo Goo Dolls and it's hilarious to me. John Rzeznik got sick of writing music on his own and feeling self-conscious about his work, so they brought people in and they became radio friendly and totally different with occasional flashes of what they once were. That's pretty much exactly what has happened with Blink. Love it or hate it, the old blink-182 is gone.

I can't wait to see what @Kay thinks.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Song is catchy, but so what?

If I rewrote Dammit with slightly different chords/lyrics, would you guys call it a hit? Would you say it was amazing? Because give me 10 mins and I can do that.

People who like it don't seem to grasp that its a song that has already been released a few times by IMagine Dragons.

It doesn't sound anything like Blink. I don't even heard Mark. I don't even hear Travis. I wouldn't even know it was them if someone didn't tell me.

• Like 1

Just now, petros said:

Blink releases a song with guitars and summery pop punk vibe: That sucks they wanna satisfy to young pop punk kids what listen to all time low. They don't push the sound forward.

Blink releases a song with a more different vibe than they've ever had, anthemic kind of vibe: That sucks, where are the guitars and the pop punk, it sounds like fall out boy. They wanna satisfy to pop listeners.

You guys are gonna hate whatever the band releases at this point why do you even bother?

Pretty spot on. 

• Like 5

What IS this exactly? It's not anything that resembles blink, really anything this time, but it's not anything catchy or big enough either to hit the radios? It's just there.

This really feels like a mix of that Steve Aoki song and a poor rendition of Simple Creatures.  Aka what are we doing?

• Like 2