Blame It on My Youth (the Raccoon song)

Loudernow

5 minutes ago, M!ke said:

lol, well that was unnecessary, I had already reread the thread to know why you don't like them.  I just think that you're so quick to be vocal about them, they must have really rubbed you the wrong way or something.  One of them steal your girl?

I can assure you that them being hacks is what got my goat. It's nothing personal to them or even you, just their sheer awful musical output. Also I think most people who have any ounce of self-awareness would know liking Imagine Dragons is the equivalent of eating Hungry Man frozen dinners. Lots of people eat those, but nobody would say they're good meals or made of quality or anything worth seeking out. Maybe if you were starving or had limited resources, then maybe. I don't think that's even a unique or extreme perspective on the matter.

Also they had been around for 4-5 years by the time I said my piece. It wasn't like a ran to a message board the instant I heard them or when they stole my girl or whatever. This was just after some careful thought and a 15 minute window to voice my opinion.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I just want to hear what a mix between Alkaline Trio and +44 would sound like ffs. It would be so fucking badass. WHERE ARE THESE TWO ARTISTS!? Is that really too much to ask for!? 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, JarJarBlinks said:

this song sounds literally nothing like FOB.

did you listen to that last album? I say it falls closer to that than anything they've done before

also did Matt have a rough childhood? I never heard that.

• Like 3

This song makes me regret giving this band another chance... I knew "blink-182" without Tom would still disappoint me, but DAMN! This song is horrible. 

Also this song was so bad that I had to come back to the forums to share my opinion. I keep wanting to give this diet blink-182 a chance, but so far Mark's just shitting on this band's legacy. Mark and Travis should have formed another band without Tom if they wanted to get away from him. Not keep ruining blink's legacy by putting out trash like this.

Also to think that when they announced Skiba joining that we thought they would be going darker. Instead they went pop punk (shilling) with California, and now are going poppy trash (so far) with this new album. This song has me so befuddled right now.

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

Just now, Mau5 said:

I just want to hear what a mix between Alkaline Trio and +44 would sound like ffs. It would be so fucking badass. WHERE ARE THESE TWO ARTISTS!? Is that really too much to ask for!? 

That is what we would have gotten of this new era if the moron feldy wouldn´t have appeared in their lifes.

• Like 1

Just now, _Kyle_ said:

did you listen to that last album? I say it falls closer to that than anything they've done before

also did Matt have a rough childhood? I never heard that.

That's what I heard, Brooklyn-Vegan had a great piece on his childhood. 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Mau5 said:

Closest we got to was Left Alone, Last Train Home, and Long Lost Feeling..but this is what I’ve been asking since 2015.

13 minutes ago, Donald Trump's Bulge said:

Song is catchy, but so what?

If I rewrote Dammit with slightly different chords/lyrics, would you guys call it a hit? Would you say it was amazing? Because give me 10 mins and I can do that.

People who like it don't seem to grasp that its a song that has already been released a few times by IMagine Dragons.

It doesn't sound anything like Blink. I don't even heard Mark. I don't even hear Travis. I wouldn't even know it was them if someone didn't tell me.

Ok we'll wait

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I actually quite like the verses but it falls apart in the chorus. 

The 'Blame it, blame it on my youth' melody is horrible and some of the production gets on my tits as well, especially some of the effects on the vocals.

I'm not really sure what I think, in a sad way it's kind of exactly what I expected, not going to lose my shit and start raging about it. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Monkey Chips said:

This song makes me regret giving this band another chance... I knew "blink-182" without Tom would still disappoint me, but DAMN! This song is horrible. 

Also this song was so bad that I had to come back to the forums to share my opinion. I keep wanting to give this diet blink-182 a chance, but so far Mark's just shitting on this band's legacy. Mark and Travis should have formed another band without Tom if they wanted to get away from him. Not keep ruining blink's legacy by putting out trash like this.

Also to think that when they announced Skiba would be joining that we thought they would be going darker. Instead they went pop punk (shilling) with California, and now are going poppy trash (so far) with this new album. This song has me so befuddled right now.

Yes, yes, and yes. 

I think that's what I can't wrap my head around the most. If Mark's desire was to bring this band back to mainstream relevance by releasing pop garbage - why Skiba?

The only thing I can thing of is that he would be the perfect puppet to just ride the wave and go with the flow as he would be raking in money he had never seen before in his career. 

Very, very tough to stomach the transformation of this band. 

• Like 1