Blame It on My Youth (the Raccoon song)

Loudernow

Also another note I want to make... I don't want to hate this band, in fact I WANT to be proven wrong. It's just that (so far) I've been unimpressed with "blink-182" without Tom. And songs like this doesn't help the case with diet blink-182. As much shit as I want to give Sum 41 for going further down the metal path, at least they're still able to rock out a decent tune.

This... I don't even know what they're going for anymore.

• Like 8

9 minutes ago, JarJarBlinks said:

That's what I heard, Brooklyn-Vegan had a great piece on his childhood. 

no no no, they compared California to a bad childhood. go read it again, clear as day.

1 minute ago, Donald Trump's Bulge said:

I thought Mark was so committed to Pop/Punk Blink and preserving their sound?

In a lot of ways he has made something that is less like Blink than AVA is.

Mark is an asshole. He only wants to stay relevant. I will wait for the full album, I bought california because I enjoyed some of the tracks...If this is what the full album sounds Im fucking done

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Donald Trump's Bulge said:

The funny thing is that people gave Tom so much shit for bringing the AvA sound over during Neighborhoods/DeD era, and yet that stuff could still be considered an evolution of blink-182.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Monkey Chips said:

Also another note I want to make... I don't want to hate this band, in fact I WANT to be proven wrong. It's just that (so far) I've been unimpressed with "blink-182" without Tom. And songs like this doesn't help the case with diet blink-182. As much shit as I want to give Sum 41 for going further down the metal path, at least they're still able to rock out a decent tune.

This... I don't even know what they're going for anymore.

the answer is money and another year of touring big places

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, ...Dan... said:

I actually quite like the verses but it falls apart in the chorus. 

The 'Blame it, blame it on my youth' melody is horrible and some of the production gets on my tits as well, especially some of the effects on the vocals.

I'm not really sure what I think, in a sad way it's kind of exactly what I expected, not going to lose my shit and start raging about it. 

Tbh I'm used to Tom throwing out the garbage hype lines of upcoming tracks and albums, not Mark. I honestly thought he did his job in bringing blink back to the relevance with a poppy California, created a side band with a more popular/younger artist to fulfill his pop/fame-endeavors, and put in place the perfect set up to create a dark blink album.... And then, this.

When Mark AND Travis both collectively say that this album will relate to Self-Titled, and then choose to lead off with this track right after their dumpsterfire of a mashup, I can't help but think this is some sort of epic blink prank. 

• Like 2

BIOMY has almost the same format as BTD.

Intro 

Verse (Mark)

Chorus (Matt)

Verse (Matt)

Chorus (Matt compared to Mark again on BTD)

Bridge (Gang Vocals instead of Mark + Matt woahs)

Final Chorus (Matt instead of Mark but both choruses cut out with just lofi guitar and go back to regular chorus)

Only difference is that BIOMY has a repeat chorus with Mark singing into a little outro while BTD just has an instrumental outro.

This is my friends exact comments about this song. He's a huge RHCP fan, the way I am a blink fan. But he does like some blink. He was typing it to me as he was listening to it.

This doesn't sound like blink
it's like a completely new band this song
it sounds more like imagine dragons
i dont mind the song, don't hate it, but it's just not a blink track
lmao
i hope the album aint like that
just not a blink song
RHCP have kept consistent throughout their whole career

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Donald Trump's Bulge said:

This is way less blink than AvA is.

Also, what's with this shitty formula? They just jump right into these silly kareoke verses each time and Mark always goes first, Matt second and sing the same thing..

• Like 3