Blame It on My Youth (the Raccoon song)

Loudernow

1 minute ago, Ghent said:

There are people pretending that "Rebel Girl" is better than this ffs. Impossible to take seriously

I wouldn't go that far as I think they're both pretty boring. But I would say all of Simple Creatures is better, and I think that's a bit sad because it's probably the music Mark wants to be writing,

1 minute ago, Ghent said:

There are people pretending that "Rebel Girl" is better than this ffs. Impossible to take seriously

Exactly! And I really enjoy ava. I think I like the dream walker more than cali. But come on. Rebel girl is such a shit song and sounds like a demo. I understand not liking a song but blame it on my youth is just a better sounding song plus it's something new coming from a band and not the same song released again like rebel girl was for ava.

1 minute ago, Scott. said:

Hopefully this is just a ‘first date/rock show’ and the rest of the record will be decent.

i mean I don’t hate it but I’m kinda embarrassed that it’s a blink song 

I think it'll be the other way around. Mainstream song for recognition. Next single(s):boom, some guitars and shit

2 minutes ago, Chewy030 said:

Why should we when guys like you just tear us down for liking anything the band does? 

Just as certain people tear down the views of people who don't lap up everything the band does? no real difference really, are you that sensitive that you're scared of people saying mean things on a message board?

I would of just thought some of you might have something interesting to say about why you like the song, maybe I'm wrong. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Since88 said:

That's because AVA is amazing

I always loved ava but overall people here always hated them and made fun of them. And now because I guess it's cool to hate on blink they're even going as far to be more excited about a band they always disliked and shitted on for years.

2 minutes ago, ...Dan... said:

Just as certain people tear down the views of people who don't lap up everything the band does? no real difference really, are you that sensitive that you're scared of people saying mean things on a message board?

I would of just thought some of you might have something interesting to say about why you like the song, maybe I'm wrong. 

Nope i just don't need to justify my opinion to you. 

If you guys hate a direction of a band why follow it let alone waste your time on a message board dedicated to the band and don't give me that "I'm here for other sections" bullshit. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Reg said:

Yes. It is. I’ll admit its not really a fantastic song or anything. Its just okay. But it shits all over this garbage. 

The samples are cliché, BIOMY makes much better use. Tom keeps writing lyrics about girls or boys, he sounds like a fucking donkey and keeps making the same music.

• Love 1

I think Rebel Girl also sucks. it's musically far superior to BlOMY but Tom's vocals and lyrics just ruin any potential it had and I'm not one for synth. it's a more directly digestible 'song' though. 

• Like 2

Both Rebel Girl and Blame It On My Youth are underperforming. They have cringe lyrics from “my little Cinderella” to “I was raised on Ridilin(?)”. There’s good parts in each song but not enough to make me replay the shit out of it. Like @Champ182 said, I’ve kind of grown to realize this is the new blink and I’ll always be excited to hear new releases but they’ve lost touch on what hooked us.

• Like 2

Just now, nextmarkhoppus44 said:

Both Rebel Girl and Blame It On My Youth are underperforming. They have cringe lyrics from “my little Cinderella” to “I was raised on Ridilin(?)”. There’s good parts in each song but not enough to make me replay the shit out of it. Like @Champ182 said, I’ve kind of grown to realize this is the new blink and I’ll always be excited to hear new releases but they’ve lost touch on what hooked us.

This, pretty much

• Like 1