Blame It on My Youth (the Raccoon song)

Loudernow

5 minutes ago, vivalasativa said:

I went to Groezrock 2 weeks ago, one of the biggest punk/hardcore festivals around, heard enough.

and i also mean punkrock being released today or in the future. It changed so much and it won't come back.

Sounds about the same to me.. New MC album is dope. 

11 minutes ago, Ghent said:

You can never kill my high, I'm the ink and you're the headline

You can never block my shine, I've been lost since 1999

They’re capable of writing lyrics that are so much better and out of this world. They’ve shown it. I’m not sure why they keep writing about their youth. I’d love to hear lyrics about the difficulties of being in a marriage, a father, friends, family. Today’s pop punk bands have elevated the lyrics game from ADTR to The Wonder Years. Matt writing Is This Thing Cursed and Mark with WYHSB, man can they write some deep lyrics. I’d be fine with the overproduced and poppier sound if they continued to evolve their lyrics.

• Like 3

I knew they were going full pop so I'm not surprised, this is what it is and I think it's time for me to let it go, so I could still follow them while having a huge weight off my chest.
Am I able to do it though? Because they never gave themselves a chance, and the only time they tried to just make music, they trashed everything they had come up with. Now you can tell they are just trying too hard. I want them to create something great so bad but they just let me down with this trash they keep dropping when I know they can do a lot better. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, wannabe corn dog said:

why does mark think people are going to buy the idea that he was some poor dirty punk as a teenager? we have numerous documentaries/tv specials that show the perfectly normal middle class home he grew up in

"I wasn’t born with the rich blood
I started out with plenty of nothing at all
I got stuck in the thick mud
The flash flood, punk rock, and the alcohol
I was raised on a re-run
I was bored to death, so I started a band
Cut my teeth on the safety dance
My attention span never stood a chance"

This isn't all that great but I don't know that these lyrics are trying to describe a poor dirty punk upbringing, seems like it's right in the usual Blink Nostalgia wheelhouse (that they're unfortunately using on just about every song now). The part about being on Ritalin as a little kid though.... that makes me cringe every time, come on guys.

I never read any comments on anything, it's a cesspool. People are way more likely to want to leave a message on something they hate than something they like. Even as negative as this place can be I feel like there's at least a decent chance of people wanting to dive deep and explain their reasoning about things. Insta/FB comments are just useless.

• Like 1

Honestly, this went exactly how I expected it to.

Blink releases a new song. Its not good. Ghent/Jar Jar and crew say its the next coming of Untitled. But can't actually articulate why. Everyone else tries to rationally debate whats wrong with it. But they are all stupid, old, or something according to Ghent.

Saw this one coming from a mile away.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Donald Trump's Bulge said:

Can you post some of the best? I can't access Instagram at work. Thanks!

I’m at work, I will when I get a chance, got about twenty or so comments in screenshots. A couple of the top ones were “so I can’t wait for that new Angels and Airwaves album” and “I sure hope this is the worst song on the album.”

• Like 2