Blame It on My Youth (the Raccoon song)

Loudernow

Yeah I said I’d give this band one more chance after Cali deluxe. Because I felt they “had” to play it safe and make an album like Cali to begin with.

But I’m not feeling this (no pun intended) at all. I’ll wait until the whole album is released before I make my final judgment call, but I’m one foot out the door with this song. Very disappointed.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, daveyjones said:

i can't even bring myself to dislike it. it's just incredibly boring. which i suppose is the worst criticism of all.

I’m on my fourth listen and I’m bored after the first verse and chorus. 

• Like 3

I love the intro and verses of this song, not so much a fan of the chorus and especially the bridge (which sounds too much like Imagine Dragons for my liking). But I like it a lot more than most of California, which has fallen off for me in the last couple years. I prefer the production and lyrics to Cali for sure. No Adam's song riff, no lyrics about losing the war or whatever, no nananas. It's actually a nice summer song. I listen to Fall Out Boy and Panic and I don't hear the resemblance at all.

• Like 1

idk i fuck with it. i dig the synths, definitely think there could be more guitar. LOVE that it's not so overproduced that you can't tell mark and matt apart. it's definitely grown on me. the outro is almost exactly the same as drug tho lmao

Just now, 2point5 said:

The vocals in Matts’s verse are the most Skiba-like we’ve heard since he’s been in the band. Love it. 

He sounds like shit though in that little bit after the bridge. 

i wish i liked the chorus as much as i love the prechorus

1 minute ago, Jodboy said:

the outro is almost exactly the same as drug tho lmao

yeah but i forgive it because that last "on" in this turns me on

• Like 1

Also everyone keeps comparing them to Imagine Dragons. I’ve only heard one of their songs and that’s from the Wreck It Ralph sequel. Loved it (the song and the film). I should probably check out more of their stuff by the sounds of it. 

Wasn't cali full of guitars and you guys hated that too?
I'm not saying this song is the best blink song I've heard nor that I like it more than any song on untitled. I think I like Bored to death and Up all night more than this. But still the hate is ridiculous.

• Like 3

I've got to ask - what is 'Im the ink and you're the headline' supposed to mean? is it I'm the true inspiration and work but you get the credit? or I've 'put you where you are' kind of thing? because that doesn't really make sense with the rest of the chorus. 

8 minutes ago, 2point5 said:

Also everyone keeps comparing them to Imagine Dragons. I’ve only heard one of their songs and that’s from the Wreck It Ralph sequel. Loved it (the song and the film). I should probably check out more of their stuff by the sounds of it. 

Imagine Dragons is like alternative's Nickelback.