Blame It on My Youth (the Raccoon song)

Loudernow

54 minutes ago, Ghost said:

If it wasn't released by blink, I would have 0 interest on try to listen to it more than once.

This is pretty nail on the head to be honest.

It's not bad but I feel like I'm forcing myself and really looking for parts of the song I really like which you shouldn't have to do.

If I heard it from any other band I would probably think 'that was okay, nothing special' and would forget about it 5 minutes later.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, ...Dan... said:

This is pretty nail on the head to be honest.

It's not bad but I feel like I'm forcing myself and really looking for parts of the song I really like which you shouldn't have to do.

If I heard it from any other band I would probably think 'that was okay, nothing special' and would forget about it 5 minutes later.

Yeah, that's the idea. It's like when someone suggest you a song by a band you don't know or like. You have a look at it and, if you don't like it, that's it. Well, that's the feeling I have with this song. Same exact feeling.

• Like 2

It will do shit in the charts. Nobody gives a fuck about Blink apart from the die hard fans that have been there for 15+ years. Try telling Mark that though, he doesn’t give a fuck. He’s a sell out and wants to play the VMA’s with Ariana Grande. The bloke is embarrassing 

• Like 3

Just now, Scott. said:

It will do shit in the charts. Nobody gives a fuck about Blink apart from the die hard fans that have been there for 15+ years. Try telling Mark that though, he doesn’t give a fuck. He’s a sell out and wants to play the VMA’s with Ariana Grande. The bloke is embarrassing 

Whose more embarrassing? Mark? Or the guy who spends all his free time on a forum dedicated to mark and his band bashing mark and his band? 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Russel Coight said:

Whose more embarrassing? Mark? Or the guy who spends all his free time on a forum dedicated to mark and his band bashing mark and his band? 

Probably because he is a fan of Blink's older music and doesn't necessarily have to like the new stuff?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Russel Coight said:

Definitely the 50 year old making Justin Bieber music you daft Aussie cunt

edit - it’s also Toms band 

• Like 1
  • Wow 1

Haha that tweet by Mark was the funniest thing he's done in Twitter in years! Loved that reply. 

You guys say he's salty but you definitely seem saltier than him. At the end of the day he's a rock star and you're some haters on a forum that will pay him money to go see him perform live. 

• Like 2

Listened to it again today, and i think it's a well done song. Could be great on the radio.

I still find it embarassing that 3 top players of the pop punk/alternative rock scene need to hire someone to write a teenage pop hymn with them to stay relevant.

Thats more a critique about the approach than the result. 

I wouldn't skip the station if this song would come on on the radio. But i'm also not gonna put this on any of my playlists to listen to it later.

In fact if this wouldn't have been blink i would've forgotten about this song already.

It's fun to see in which directions they are developing. I don't like the outcome, but i'll definately check their record out.

With new ava, new blink and simple creatures this is gonna be a interesting year for any blink fan

6 minutes ago, petros said:

Haha that tweet by Mark was the funniest thing he's done in Twitter in years! Loved that reply. 

You guys say he's salty but you definitely seem more salty than him. At the end of the day he's a rock star and you're some haters on a forum that will pay him money to go see him perform live. 

Will I fuck ? I’d draw the curtains if they were playing in my back garden. One of the worst live bands I’ve ever seen 

• Like 1

Just the fact that I gotta listen to the song multiple times so it could grow on me is very wrong. I like how Matt's verse flows but I can't pretend I like it just because it's blink. I'm not gonna give it multiple chances for now but I'm still looking forward to the album. I'm sure there will be some nice songs.

This is the first time in blink's entire career where they got a chorus wrong. Even the worst songs on Cali were saved by a catchy chorus, this one is just cringeworthy, it would be perfect for a Magnum ice cream AD on tv. 

• Like 3

Just now, Elisa said:

Just the fact that I gotta listen to the song multiple times so it could grow on me is very wrong. I like how Matt's verse flow but I can't pretend I like it just because it's blink. I'm not gonna give it multiple chances for now but I'm still looking forward to the album. I'm sure there will be some nice songs.

This is the first time in blink's entire career where they got a chorus wrong. Even the worst songs on Cali were saved by a catchy chorus, this one is just cringeworthy, it would be perfect for a Magnum ice cream AD on tv. 

Nah they've got the chorus wrong loads imo. Hey I'm Sorry is fucking criminal how wrong they got the chorus considering how good the verses are. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Kay said:

Nah they've got the chorus wrong loads imo. Hey I'm Sorry is fucking criminal how wrong they got the chorus considering how good the verses are. 

I'm not too fond of that either but I think this one makes their average choruses sound great 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I’m a blink fan since darn near the beginning. So (a) I’m an old man and (b) having been a fan for so long I obviously fell in love with a much different band than they are today. 

I get that some bands change over time and experiment with new sounds and the like. It’s natural and it probably should be expected. 

What I find odd though is intentionally creating a second “band” to experiment with new ways of doing things and then the very first song off your new album with your main band sounds so much like the side project stuff. The intro to BIOMY is Simple Creatures. It’s not blink experimenting and doing something fresh/new - it’s just Mark doing something he’s apparently obsessed with at the moment.

Meh... I don’t hate or despise the song and even the Simple Creatures vibe wouldn’t bother me if it just sounded more like blink at any point in the song (more guitars!!!). The kid who covered it on YouTube made a much better song in just an hour or so than Mark, Travis and Matt did with a bunch of help - and all the kid did was lay down a more appropriate guitar part. 

As for Mark’s twitter reply... I get he’s upset with the dude. But just let it roll over you. Fly another helicopter to Disneyland and relax. Not every person is going to love what you do. 

• Like 4

33 minutes ago, Kay said:

Those verses are the best thing in California imo but yeah the chorus lets the whole song down 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Thomas D. said:

Probably because he is a fan of Blink's older music and doesn't necessarily have to like the new stuff?

He doesn’t have to spend all his time bashing the band though does he? No.

1 hour ago, Scott. said:

Definitely the 50 year old making Justin Bieber music you daft Aussie cunt

edit - it’s also Toms band 

Tom quit. If you have a job for 20 years and then quit is it still your job?