Blame It on My Youth (the Raccoon song)

Loudernow

4 minutes ago, Smalls said:

All mark said was “no” right? People are blowing it way out of proportion. Or did I miss something?

he tweeted separately about blocking the dude. 

• Like 1

Just now, Smalls said:

All mark said was “no” right? People are blowing it way out of proportion. Or did I miss something?

That's all he said...after some ass clown writes him a diary telling him to "PLZ GO BAK 2 WRITING IN A GARAGE DAD SKIBA IS GUD IN ALK3". He had probably read his fair share of crap in his mentions and thought it'd be funny to make a point on this guy. He also "liked" the guy's response to his response, so it was in good fun and likely to make a bit of a statement= "No. I'll do what I want buddy."

The lyric video has 11k likes, 3k dislikes.... people like it, it's just the haters are quite vocal as usual. 

2 minutes ago, Kay said:

he tweeted separately about blocking the dude. 

That tweet was 2 hours before this interaction, not isolating this guy. Obviously it was in regards to people being disrespectful in his mentions all day. There is a way to communicate not liking something without being entitled pricks about it IMO. I'd block 'em all, judging by their tears they aren't buying the new album anyway.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Smalls said:

Word is he lit a bonfire in his backyard and threw all his platinum record awards from previous blink albums in there as well as his own kid while playing BIOMY in the background and screaming out all the hateful Twitter feedback. His wife tried to calm him down to no avail and she ended up calling tom Delonge over and tom said he liked the new blink song which soothed hoppus rage and that's why they're buddies again on Instagram

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Pussay Patrol said:

Word is he lit a bonfire in his backyard and threw all his platinum record awards from previous blink albums in there as well as his own kid while playing BIOMY in the background and screaming out all the hateful Twitter feedback. His wife tried to calm him down to no avail and she ended up calling tom Delonge over and tom said he liked the new blink song which soothed hoppus rage and that's why they're buddies again on Instagram

Good to know!

• Wow 1

24 minutes ago, Ry-Bread said:

He's just trolling the haters. Love it. He just posted a BIOMY picture on his IG story and a picture of someone hitting the dab after LOL... 

that does sounds like trolling to me. but going out of your way to take a specific tweet that criticizes the current state of your band and write a single-word reply—“no.—” in the same notes app and tweeting about it doesn’t seem like trolling. it seems like lashing out. it would seem more like trolling if he responded with a gif or a joke, yeah?

24 minutes ago, Ry-Bread said:

The dudes are releasing what they want to sound like. They had 40+ songs and chose this, if you don't dig it, whatever. No need to get angry and personal with them about it. They're human, I'm sure they've seen the complaints and it gets annoying after awhile. They wanted to push the boundaries a bit, evolve a bit. Mark's made it clear he hates writing the same thing over and over...so much so that they go with different producers all the time to challenge them. Tom even said it was cool to see them evolve... you can dislike a song without being an absolute ass on social media to people who tried their best. 

did you read the note? i don’t think there was anything in there that made the person an absolute ass. that’s a bit hyperbolic. i think the meanest things in there are “he’s not our Real Blink dad never will be” in reference to Skiba (but that’s qualified by “but he’s good and he’s punk”) and “now you want to sound like the crap on the radio.” and those things seem much less worse than a lot of the shit that’s been thrown at them in other comments.

the person starts and ends the note with declarations of their love for blink. it’s coming from the standpoint of a hardcore fan who cares a lot about the band, not from a jerk who wants to ruin Mark’s day.

Mark and the rest of the band are free to make whatever kind of music they want. they don’t have to justify their musical decisions to anyone. but that doesn’t mean people can’t criticize them for it.

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, Ghent said:

"lashing out" lol

in my view, it is. definitely not on the level of posting a super-long rant against his haters or anything like that, but it’s still responding in a way that suggests he’s upset.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Nasa said:

that does sounds like trolling to me. but going out of your way to take a specific tweet that criticizes the current state of your band and write a single-word reply—“no.—” in the same notes app and tweeting about it doesn’t seem like trolling. it seems like lashing out. it would seem more like trolling if he responded with a gif or a joke, yeah?

did you read the note? i don’t think there was anything in there that made the person an absolute ass. that’s a bit hyperbolic. i think the meanest things in there are “he’s not our Real Blink dad never will be” in reference to Skiba (but that’s qualified by “but he’s good and he’s punk”) and “now you want to sound like the crap on the radio.” and those things seem much less worse than a lot of the shit that’s been thrown at them in other comments.

the person starts and ends the note with declarations of their love for blink. it’s coming from the standpoint of a hardcore fan who cares a lot about the band, not from a jerk who wants to ruin Mark’s day.

Mark and the rest of the band are free to make whatever kind of music they want. they don’t have to justify their musical decisions to anyone. but that doesn’t mean people can’t criticize them for it.

Well said.

I've been a fan for a long time and I think the song is absolute dog shit. I actually have a concern this might be the first blink record where I hate every song.

I made it known on social media I don't like it. Like you said, they're free to do what they want but when your long time fan base hates it don't be shocked when they tell you so.

If this is the direction/sound they're going to go with it now, I'd rather see the name blink-182 retired and them play under a new name.

Just my opinion.

• Like 2

There’s a fan in his twitter replies who said Mark blocked him on Instagram. The guy gives a detailed history of his love of the band and how he’s met Mark and spent a small fortune on merch stuff. Apparently he doesn’t like the new tune and said as much (I assume very politely as it seems like he has a genuine love for Mark) and Mark blocked him. Why does a rock star need to be petty enough to block someone on social media? Sure block away if someone is an asshat and insulting you - but I actually feel bad for this fan. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

And if you are entitled to your opinion (which you are, and it's perfectly fine), then they can have theirs which is: "We'll make what we want.

Grown men writing a diary to Mark Hoppus on how their hugely successful band should record...lol. Got off lucky with a "No", hope he felt as dumb as he should have.

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, Ry-Bread said:

Yeah Tom really brought #themeat with that 5 note synth loop and the Cinderella line!!!! Mmm so beefy. raw. punk. brilliant. 

He's just trolling the haters. Love it. He just posted a BIOMY picture on his IG story and a picture of someone hitting the dab after LOL... 

The dudes are releasing what they want to sound like. They had 40+ songs and chose this, if you don't dig it, whatever. No need to get angry and personal with them about it. They're human, I'm sure they've seen the complaints and it gets annoying after awhile. They wanted to push the boundaries a bit, evolve a bit. Mark's made it clear he hates writing the same thing over and over...so much so that they go with different producers all the time to challenge them. Tom even said it was cool to see them evolve... you can dislike a song without being an absolute ass on social media to people who tried their best. 

hahah, totally agree man

2 minutes ago, Ry-Bread said:

And if you are entitled to your opinion (which you are, and it's perfectly fine), then they can have theirs which is: "We'll make what we want.

Grown men writing a diary to Mark Hoppus on how their hugely successful band should record...lol. Got off lucky with a "No", hope he felt as dumb as he should have.

It was the cringiest post I've ever read anyway. That guy deserved worse than a "No"

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, blinkstillrules said:

Well said.

I've been a fan for a long time and I think the song is absolute dog shit. I actually have a concern this might be the first blink record where I hate every song.

I made it known on social media I don't like it. Like you said, they're free to do what they want but when your long time fan base hates it don't be shocked when they tell you so.

If this is the direction/sound they're going to go with it now, I'd rather see the name blink-182 retired and them play under a new name.

Just my opinion.

i’m okay with them continuing under the blink-182 name. i think you can change your sound in a major way and still retain the spirit of your band, which blink have done because (for the most part) they’ve primarily been about having fun.

honestly, the blink fanbase might be the only fanbase i’ve seen that wants a band to continue under a different name e.g. “this isn’t blink,” hahaha. but since you can make arguments as to why it would be symbolic for them to change their name just like how their music has changed, it makes sense.

9 minutes ago, Sean Da Furg said:

There’s a fan in his twitter replies who said Mark blocked him on Instagram. The guy gives a detailed history of his love of the band and how he’s met Mark and spent a small fortune on merch stuff. Apparently he doesn’t like the new tune and said as much (I assume very politely as it seems like he has a genuine love for Mark) and Mark blocked him. Why does a rock star need to be petty enough to block someone on social media? Sure block away if someone is an asshat and insulting you - but I actually feel bad for this fan. 

No chance it was done politely/professionally. He was probably a dick about it, got blocked, and is now crying about it. I'm sure he has since deleted his original posts and is trying to act like he did nothing wrong... if you can vent, they can vent by getting rid of the negativity from their feed, don't care who you are, it has to get old.

• Sad 1

22 minutes ago, Nasa said:

i’m okay with them continuing under the blink-182 name. i think you can change your sound in a major way and still retain the spirit of your band, which blink have done because (for the most part) they’ve primarily been about having fun.

honestly, the blink fanbase might be the only fanbase i’ve seen that wants a band to continue under a different name e.g. “this isn’t blink,” hahaha. but since you can make arguments as to why it would be symbolic for them to change their name just like how their music has changed, it makes sense.

I think it's common when the main songwriter and singer is gone. 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Ry-Bread said:

No chance it was done politely/professionally. He was probably a dick about it, got blocked, and is now crying about it. I'm sure he has since deleted his original posts and is trying to act like he did nothing wrong... if you can vent, they can vent by getting rid of the negativity from their feed, don't care who you are, it has to get old.

Wow 

• Like 1