Blame It on My Youth (the Raccoon song)

Loudernow

18 minutes ago, Ry-Bread said:

No chance it was done politely/professionally. He was probably a dick about it, got blocked, and is now crying about it. I'm sure he has since deleted his original posts and is trying to act like he did nothing wrong... if you can vent, they can vent by getting rid of the negativity from their feed, don't care who you are, it has to get old.

This is always how it goes. Don’t really understand why people talk shit directly on their pages.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Ry-Bread said:

No chance it was done politely/professionally. He was probably a dick about it, got blocked, and is now crying about it. I'm sure he has since deleted his original posts and is trying to act like he did nothing wrong... if you can vent, they can vent by getting rid of the negativity from their feed, don't care who you are, it has to get old.

The message in his twitter replies is pretty polite. I mean if the fan was a dick then I’m surprised he’s be whining on twitter. But I didn’t see the Instagram comment. 

• Like 1

Mark is just a big baby.

We are the customer. The customer is always right. The customers is your bottom line. The customer is not an interruption of your work; They are the purpose of it. Without the customer; your work doesn't exist. Business 101.

People aren't hard enough on their shitty music. Years and Years of blind praise and acceptance of shit. They need to be hit with a big old bag of reality. Again, we are the customer. They serve us. We don't serve them.

• Like 5
  • Love 2

2 minutes ago, Donald Trump's Bulge said:

Mark is just a big baby.

We are the customer. The customer is always right. The customers is your bottom line. The customer is not an interruption of your work; They are the purpose of it. Without the customer; your work doesn't exist. Business 101.

People aren't hard enough on their shitty music. Years and Years of blind praise and acceptance of shit. They need to be hit with a big old bag of reality. Again, we are the customer. They serve us. We don't serve them.

That type of capitalistic view of "art" is why California was seen as a huge success in the first place. Slippery slope my man.

• Like 3

But if your customers are douche bags then you're always free to find new ones. That is the case currently. Time to cut the cord with the babies and move on into a new era

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Donald Trump's Bulge said:

Mark is just a big baby.

This is not a literal phrase. The meaning of it is more along the lines "If there's demand for something, produce it"

Mark seems to have been of that mindset for a while now, and considering California's success I think it's been executed.

8 minutes ago, Donald Trump's Bulge said:

Mark is just a big baby.

yes but in this specific example, customers are very heterogenous. in the case of blink, we now have the situation that different typesof customers want different things from the band.  and unfortunately, we (i totally want the same thing from blink as you) are the minority (soit seems)

12 minutes ago, Ghent said:

But if your customers are douche bags then you're always free to find new ones. That is the case currently. Time to cut the cord with the babies and move on into a new era

Mark is going to get fired if he keeps blocking people

• Like 1

Just now, RebelGirlsUnite said:

Ry-Bread is the biggest 'yes man' of all time.. Exactly what Mark craves.  It's why I'm starting to resent him (Mark, not you Ry-Bread)

Don't @ me.

I think he's a fan. Something about that 2 ft Mark Hoppus octopus tattoo just gives me that gut feeling.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Ghent said:

Hey if you want shitty, generic pop syth "music" and expensive seat tickets where a GA pit area once was instead of guitar driven punk/pop punk and fun shows more power to you and the rest of the new fans this shit will attract.

Those of us who don't like this aren't "babies". We're disappointed fans. I'm content with going back and listening to everything they recorded from 1992-2001 (I did like most of California too TBH) and never going to a show again if this is blink from here on out (hopefully the rest of this new record is good). It's just sad to see them fall so far.

*Sounding like a geriatric* I remember back in 1999 when Enema came out and everyone cried sell out and "you've changed" because WMAA was all over MTV and the record itself was more polished sounding than Dude Ranch thanks to a better job mixing it (WTF Trombino. Should've let Tom Lord Alge mix the whole album not just the radio edits of Dammit and Josie but I digress). The sell out shit was stupid then and I didn't think it was relevant. Sure they blew up but the sound was still there, just more refined. They were still writing their pop punk songs. But this isn't like that now. This new song is trash. It's not blink-182. Change the band name to Simple Creatures.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Ghent said:

Tom has blocked like half of this message board but the bots don't seem to mind? Interesting!

Pretty sure we thought that was dumb as fuck too. Why do you assume we don’t seem to mind?

• Like 2