Blame It on My Youth (the Raccoon song)

Loudernow

1 hour ago, Scott. said:

This place has been bouncing the last week, it’s always been divided and it’s what makes it thrive, how boring would it be if we all loved new blink. We’d have 5 pages of “yeah great song” and it would fizzle out. Instead we have 50 pages of utter carnage. It’s great when you come back on after 10 mins and there’s been another 20 posts to read through, old members coming back and new ones signing up.

I agree. This is the best part IMO.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Scott. said:

This place has been bouncing the last week, it’s always been divided and it’s what makes it thrive, how boring would it be if we all loved new blink. We’d have 5 pages of “yeah great song” and it would fizzle out. Instead we have 50 pages of utter carnage. It’s great when you come back on after 10 mins and there’s been another 20 posts to read through, old members coming back and new ones signing up.

you're just enjoying more people to shit on aren't ya scotty

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Someone (on here or somewhere else) speculated that Mark created this song last minute due to the positive feedback Simple Creatures received. It doesn’t seem too farfetched considering this song I believe was made only a month ago. BIOMY features many characteristics of Simple Creatures with sampling, vocal effects, use of chorus on the guitar, and just the overall pop approach. It honestly sounds like a SC b-side with Matt singing and likely adding the octave part in the verses. 

We all assumed that “Paris” was going to be the single that was released, could be possible that the choice for that to be the lead single was scrapped and BIOMY took over. I’m concerned how different the rest of the songs will sound compared to BIOMY. They’re still working on the album, even when they claimed to be finished mixing a month ago. It’s probably some last minute changes or at least they’re sequencing the 50 songs they claimed to have written. I just hope Mark isn’t pulling a pop direction last minute in hopes for chart performance because the feedback is pretty much 50/50, but leaning more towards the negative side. I want to think that when they meant by experimenting, they were going to try somewhat of a different genre with each song, (e.g. BIOMY is the blink goes pop, and the “blast beats” song is blink going metal), but it sounds too good to be true. I heard a speculation that BIOMY would be a stand-alone single and not be on the new album, but that sounds highly unlikely.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Scott. said:

Completely agree, the chat and discussion has been great - actually been quite fun here for the first time in a while.

Would be fucking awful if we all just agreed on everything and lets face it, with such a sharp change in style it was always going to lead to fans being on very different sides of the fence, can't wait for the album to drop so shit can hit the fan.

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, ...Dan... said:

Completely agree, the chat and discussion has been great - actually been quite fun here for the first time in a while.

Would be fucking awful if we all just agreed on everything and lets face it, with such a sharp change in style it was always going to lead to fans being on very different sides of the fence, can't wait for the album to drop so shit can hit the fan.

I feel like the site wasn’t as active compared to what it was when BTD dropped, but it was a different situation considering BTD was the first song with Matt on it and there was a lot of pressure and hype for what blink would eventually sound like. That was exciting.

This time around seemed a bit more tame with the page blowing up for a couple of hours, with some old accounts coming back, and then it died down to what it is now. Still pretty big, I would type a paragraph for a response or go away for a bit and see that 40+ replies popped up. 

I think the most hype was when @Ry-Bread claimed he had the song and everyone assumed it was going to leak soon, whether through him or somewhere else and during that, the Big Raccoon meme was born.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Ry-Bread said:

A reddit user pointed out that Trav's IG video on 4/10 is BIOMY, so the song was made less than a month ago. Mark also mentioned on his IG live yesterday that they had it done in 2 days. Still weird how quickly it surpassed 40+ songs as the favorite as the lead single. Also, wonder if he saw the Simple Creatures praise (it had already been released) and felt this was the way to go?

it's not their favorite. the label wanted a nostalgic song as the lead single. the label had those co-writers/co-producers to make the song sound like what they want. this song is like the rock show - the label wanted a different lead single, so they wrote a new song in the last minute.

• Like 2

So I listened again this morning and on Spotify San Diego came on straight after.

I prefer San Diego as an actual song but one thing something for me that was really noticeable was how much better the mix/recording is on BITOMY.

For me it really hit home how terrible California sounded as a whole, too loud/compressed and just completely overproduced.

• Like 5

36 minutes ago, Zoltan said:

it's not their favorite. the label wanted a nostalgic song as the lead single. the label had those co-writers/co-producers to make the song sound like what they want. this song is like the rock show - the label wanted a different lead single, so they wrote a new song in the last minute.

Sounds like a good reason to self release albums when you're as big as blink is.

38 minutes ago, Zoltan said:

Is this fan fiction? 

Are you saying Blink wrote the rest of the album themselves? 

7 minutes ago, Donald Trump's Bulge said:

IS is Blink not using Feldmann for this album?

Honestly there is still quite a bit of hope. I've always found that most Blink singles aren't even their best songs. UAN, BTD, Feeling This etc.

So there is hope.

Going by that first song I’ll be over the moon if we hear a guitar riff tbh

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jlx9 said:

Someone (on here or somewhere else) speculated that Mark created this song last minute due to the positive feedback Simple Creatures received. It doesn’t seem too farfetched considering this song I believe was made only a month ago.

That was me, it makes sense IMO. Simple Creatures had launched and he had no clue how it would be received...and he got tons of praise on it. They had even played SC shows before BIOMY was written, so he was riding high on the success of that "sound".

14 minutes ago, Donald Trump's Bulge said:

IS is Blink not using Feldmann for this album?

Mark said Feldy produced ~half the album. Originally they were recording with him full time based on the timeline I'm keeping, but at some point they started magically working with several different producers late in the process. It's weird. My #fanfic is that they weren't happy with the material, or Mark heard enough of the Cali complaints that he decided to branch out a bit. (Which I'm totally down with!)

• Like 2