Blame It on My Youth (the Raccoon song)

Loudernow

2 hours ago, Donald Trump's Bulge said:

Its one of those songs that can fool people. On the surface it might sound catchy. But just a tad below the surface and its generic garbage that has been written 1000 times before. Its like if I took a piece of shit car and painted the outside to make in look like a BMW.

Apparently it has fooled some people on here.

Oh you people are so deep. Please teach us how to listen to music too!

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Jane said:

Not like I'm losing sleep over it, could care less about this remix, I'm just stating that I find it bad, no more, no less. Having that said I wonder why they didn't bother to make it sound better, since it is a promo vid. I don't think it's meant to be a joke.

Seriously, of course we are gonna over-analyze everything that's what we do haha. Blink and Lil Wayne took the time to put this whole thing together, it's fair to wonder why it seemed half assed. The whole purpose was to promote the tour and get people hyped and it seemed to backfire instead of doing its job. Honestly they should've just filmed themselves with Lil Wayne all chilling on a couch with acoustic guitars acting like they were doing it on the fly and fucking around instead of having it look all fancy like a real "performance."

But hey, it's not a big deal at all I watched it once and shrugged and it's all in fun anyway

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Donald Trump's Bulge said:

Well when Mark pisses all over one of the classic Blink songs by having some guy say random words during it...

Pretty easy to wonder.....

Sadly, The only guy pissing over the song in that performance was mark himself

• Like 1
  • Wow 1

4 hours ago, Donald Trump's Bulge said:

Its one of those songs that can fool people. On the surface it might sound catchy. But just a tad below the surface and its generic garbage that has been written 1000 times before. Its like if I took a piece of shit car and painted the outside to make in look like a BMW.

Apparently it has fooled some people on here.

Yeah it is very generic garbage and if i wouldnt know about a new blink single i wouldnt even notice it on the radio. So what?

Maybe the next song will fit my taste more? 

I'm not happy with the direction this band is taking either but i follow them anyways and am happy if they release something i like. If not, i dont have to listen to it on repeat. I definately dont have to spend my time here trying to prove people wrong about something as objective as music taste 

Just move on and wait for the next song, and if you aren't interested in the band at all anymore, then thats fine too.

You seemed very calm after your return from your break. Don't freak out about this new blink song. Theres plenty of other stuff to talk about on here

• Like 3

As for the promo video, it really is just that. A promo video.

But The fact that they set up the whole production, got lil wayne to show up, got cameras set up to film and had probably about 20 people working for this and this is the best performance they got out of it is both hilarious and tragic.

Maybe there were better takes on the reel but this was the only one skiba was able to play 8 bars of the wmaa again riff without muting strings

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, RebelGirlsUnite said:

I truly believe he would be a better replacement at least as a guitarist.  I think the bar is pretty low there.

Matt Skiba. A guy that made it big in the alternative scene creating a band, alkaline trio, with a huge following all over the world as the guitarist and singer. All that and an internet idiot truly believes theres another person posting on internet forums that can replace him. This is what I mean when I'm saying the hate towards the band after cali is at ridiculous levels. How do you expect to have an opinion and be respected when you're saying the most stupid things?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, petros said:

Matt Skiba. A guy that made it big in the alternative scene creating a band, alkaline trio, with a huge following all over the world as the guitarist and singer. All that and an internet idiot truly believes theres another person posting on internet forums that can replace him. This is what I mean when I'm saying the hate towards the band after cali is at ridiculous levels. How do you expect to have an opinion and be respected when you're saying the most stupid things?

If you close your eyes, you can hear the sound of a small child, trying out a guitar for the very first time.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Feeling_This_1 said:

The only time I care about an opening act is if I like them. Otherwise I skip their sets. 

I remember being disappointed in 2009 when our blink show didn't get Weezer and instead got Panic at the Disco. So I skipped them. Ive skipped ATL at multiple concerts. 

Wouldn't you rather have Lil Wayne than nothing? What's the difference lol

Generally, I rather they do it without an opening act, no artist needs it. There are some cases where I liked both bands and that has been dope, but, I don't really know why artists think they need an opening act at all

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ghent said:

You're talking to a guy who truly thinks he could replace Skiba and be just as good

You act like just because someone's not famous that they can't be better or equal at an instrument. 5 minutes on youtube and you will find at least 3 persons better suited for this job than Matt.  

37 minutes ago, Feeling_This_1 said:

Can someone confirm that the voice effect is the same from the last album. Melodyne? Did Feldmen popularize it? 

Melodyne/autotune/wavestune etc is an industry standard, it's on 99% of all music you listen to today, no matter genre, 

• Like 2