Blame It on My Youth (the Raccoon song)

Loudernow

11 hours ago, thongrider said:

I'm kind of curious. When people say the song will be big on the radio. What do they mean exactly?

this song actually barely sounds like most pop music on the radio, Scott is right that it's not gonna do well either big blink fans or in the mainstream, just a nothing song really even though I like. it's not gonna do particularly well

• Like 1

2 hours ago, petros said:

Matt Skiba. A guy that made it big in the alternative scene creating a band, alkaline trio, with a huge following all over the world as the guitarist and singer. All that and an internet idiot truly believes theres another person posting on internet forums that can replace him. This is what I mean when I'm saying the hate towards the band after cali is at ridiculous levels. How do you expect to have an opinion and be respected when you're saying the most stupid things?

I've loved Skiba with Alkaline Trio since I first heard "Goodbye Forever" in 2000 but he's really not that great at guitar to be honest. His strength musically with Alk3 has been the songwriting and lyrics. Most of the guitar work is just power chords and octave chords.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, RebelGirlsUnite said:

If you close your eyes, you can hear the sound of a small child, trying out a guitar for the very first time.

How can a person watch this video and not cringe on the dude's that made it comments is beneath me. Especially when you're comparing live playing with a guy that's known for fucking up on stage all the time and people (correctly after a point) called him out all the time for it. 

3 hours ago, NotNow said:

The blink-182 twitter account is about to get hit with the unfollow if they don’t stop fucking spamming my timeline with reaction gifs.

Oh fuck dude. Shit is getting real now!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Pussay Patrol said:

this song actually barely sounds like most pop music on the radio, Scott is right that it's not gonna do well either big blink fans or in the mainstream, just a nothing song really even though I like. it's not gonna do particularly well

Alt radio and pop radio are two very different things. I feel it could do pretty well on alt. It’s a better fit than Bored To Death for sure. Even thought I liked BTD way more. 

I have a theory that BIOMY is the album opener and the outro flows into the title song of the album if it’s actually called endless summer. The lyrics at the end don’t really have anything to do with the rest of the song and the melody seems like it could be it’s own thing. I think that would be a cool thing and would be very untitledesque.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, NotNow said:

I have a theory that BIOMY is the album opener and the outro flows into the title song of the album if it’s actually called endless summer. The lyrics at the end don’t really have anything to do with the rest of the song and the melody seems like it could be it’s own thing. I think that would be a cool thing and would be very untitledesque.

Yeah that idea has been floated in this thread. The end of the song definitely sounds like it could be a transition. Also has the dual harmonies like Feeling This, another reason why I think they compared it to Untitled. 

Really digging this song now, its not the greatest blink song but catchy, alot of the haters i think will make a complete u-turn when the album comes out, there will be some great songs on this album.

People do hate for the sake of hating at this point tho, the haters of California were creaming there pants when that came out now they suddenly hate it...same with untitled no1 liked that album at first listen now its the god of all albums...

1 minute ago, prankerd14 said:

Really digging this song now, its not the greatest blink song but catchy, alot of the haters i think will make a complete u-turn when the album comes out, there will be some great songs on this album.

You're heard it? 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Clar-ke has herpes said:

Yeah that idea has been floated in this thread. The end of the song definitely sounds like it could be a transition. Also has the dual harmonies like Feeling This, another reason why I think they compared it to Untitled. 

Eh I like Untitled when it dropped though my hockey teammate threw his cd in the trash...I don't see how this song can be compared to Feeling This though...

21 hours ago, Jane said:

The problem is not that they did a remix, it's that the remix is bad, like, REALLY bad. Well, that's my issue with it.

Its a popular Lil Wayne song. His lyrics are a lot of nonsense and funny rhymes so I think its hilarious to hear it over Wmaa. Especially since Ive heard it remixed with Say it Aint So by Weezer

I always hated Lil Wayne's voice but I have liked him on some rappers songs I like when he's featured. But I had to listen again and again to actually appreciate him. This is happening with this too. Listened it today and didn't think it was bad when on first listen thought it was horrible. It's normal blink fans don't like it though. They didn't like Yela's verse neither and that was actually really good.