Blame It on My Youth (the Raccoon song)

Loudernow

I don’t really mind them going more pop, it’s justifiable for a few reasons.

1) they tried pop-punk for both Cali and Deluxe and it’s clear they can’t innovate the genre or stand out like they used to;

2) in the 90s/early 00s, they were pop-punk which was one of the most mainstream genres at the time. They’ve already “sold out” and changed their sound for mass appeal (Dude Ranch to Enema), what they are doing right now is not really a big change for the band from a principled perspective.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Scott. said:

Yes but they have to be good pop songs. BIOMY is the epitome of meh

Right, it's like everyone took their standards and tossed them out the window, which is why they probably even liked them in the first place.. they weren't as basic as the other pop punk bands

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Scott. said:

It’s not amazing but it’s not bad. At least it’s a change from California. The drums are good, the verses are good, the chorus is catchy, the guitar riff in the verses are good, the production is better than Feldmann, etc. There’s enough positives for me to enjoy the song for what it is. The expectation of any “vintage Blink” is ridiculous. That ship sailed a long time ago, and now we can only take what we get and temper our expectations.

• Like 5

25 minutes ago, Clar-ke has herpes said:

It’s not amazing but it’s not bad. At least it’s a change from California. The drums are good, the verses are good, the chorus is catchy, the guitar riff in the verses are good, the production is better than Feldmann, etc. There’s enough positives for me to enjoy the song for what it is. The expectation of any “vintage Blink” is ridiculous. That ship sailed a long time ago, and now we can only take what we get and temper our expectations.

Thank you! 

Plus the blink all people loved was mark tom travis and jerry. Half of this band doesn't exist anymore. How can you expect that kind of music with half the band that used to do it and 15 years later?

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, petros said:

Thank you! 

Plus the blink all people loved was mark tom travis and jerry. Half of this band doesn't exist anymore. How can you expect that kind of music with half the band that used to do it and 15 years later?

We don't, it's called start a new band or change the name.  Unless Mark can carry the team, which apparently he can't anymore.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

3 minutes ago, RebelGirlsUnite said:

We don't, it's called start a new band or change the name.  Unless Mark can carry the team, which apparently he can't anymore.

All this boils down to is “make less money Mark.” Easier to say from the sidelines as a fan than someone that is giving up millions of dollars. Some of you guys have fan tunnel vision.

• Like 2

Imagine working so hard, starting from zero and managing to come to the point that mark and travis have reached. And now waste all that because you or whoever doesn't like the songs? It's Mark's and Travis' right to do whatever they want with the band's legacy like it or not. It's their band they worked hard for it they are the only ones that have the right to determine it's legacy. I really really don't understand how you guys fail to get that. I'm seriously hoping you're just trolling.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, petros said:

Imagine working so hard, starting from zero and managing to come to the point that mark and travis have reached. And now waste all that because you or whoever doesn't like the songs? It's Mark's and Travis' right to do whatever they want with the band's legacy like it or not. It's their band they worked hard for it they are the only ones that have the right to determine it's legacy. I really really don't understand how you guys fail to get that. I'm seriously hoping you're just trolling.

They can do whatever they want, its their band... we are just providing opinions.

I imagine Mark/Travis want the band to age gracefully?

But ok, lets see how the album turns out.

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, theedge00 said:

All this boils down to is don't fuck up the bands legacy

Right, after this album we will have now 3 full studio albums - California, Deluxe, and Endless Summer..

Enema, TOYPAJ, Self Titled.

Think about that for a second. Before you know it a kid will be introduced to Matt, Mark, and Travis for Endless Summers Deluxe: Extra Sunny and be putting it on the same weight as TOYPAJ.

37 minutes ago, petros said:

Imagine working so hard, starting from zero and managing to come to the point that mark and travis have reached. And now waste all that because you or whoever doesn't like the songs? It's Mark's and Travis' right to do whatever they want with the band's legacy like it or not. 

And we are entitled to our opinions on it.. you guys are so soft, that'd be like owning a company and serving shit flavored ice cream and expecting people not to bitch about it because the pistachio ice cream used to be good (shout-out to pistachio ice cream btw, goat flavor)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RebelGirlsUnite said:

And we are entitled to our opinions on it.. you guys are so soft, that'd be like owning a company and serving shit flavored ice cream and expecting people not to bitch about it because the pistachio ice cream used to be good (shout-out to pistachio ice cream btw, goat flavor)

Nobody's judging you for saying the music is shit. I'm judging you for saying that because you or other find the music shit believe it's right to think that the band should stop playing under the name blink-182. You guys talk like you're entitled to have an opinion on if Mark and Travis wanna keep doing what they want with blink when in reality nobody else but them two are.

3 hours ago, petros said:

Nobody's judging you for saying the music is shit. I'm judging you for saying that because you or other find the music shit believe it's right to think that the band should stop playing under the name blink-182. You guys talk like you're entitled to have an opinion on if Mark and Travis wanna keep doing what they want with blink when in reality nobody else but them two are.

It's called accountability. When they're soullessly milking the band simply because the name sells, fans have a right to be upset.  We can't stop them from continuing under blink 182, right, but we can hold our opinion on it.  If enough people share the same opinion on something, things sometimes change.

99% sure they won't stop though..

• Like 3

People who don't like their new music will stop going to their shows and stop buying their music. Blink will find some new fans with the type of music they choose to make and if that will be enough in the long run we'll see.

As long as blink makes enough money, they will continue using it as their cash cow. About everyone here would do the same.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Scott. said:

Definitely agree with this. Boxing Day is very poppy for blink yet i thought that was perfect. I also feel Suburban Kings from Tom DeLonge is a great poppy song outside a couple of lyrics. Those sound like blink-182 pop songs. This song sound like Imagine Dragons or whatever, not blink.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nosferatu said:

Definitely agree with this. Boxing Day is very poppy for blink yet i thought that was perfect. I also feel Suburban Kings from Tom DeLonge is a great poppy song outside a couple of lyrics. Those sound like blink-182 pop songs. This song sound like Imagine Dragons or whatever, not blink.

Boxing Day is considered pop? I know it had electronic drums (didn’t find out until recently) but it just sounds like your average alternative acoustic song.

• Like 1