Blame It on My Youth (the Raccoon song)

Loudernow

6 hours ago, jlx9 said:

Boxing Day is considered pop? I know it had electronic drums (didn’t find out until recently) but it just sounds like your average alternative acoustic song.

Nah, but I consider it poppy for blink. Sounds very boy band-ish in the pre-chorus I think.

Since 25% of the fanbase is melting down over it, it will probably have to get a big push from random people to go anywhere.

Probably won't happen. Too bad though, I think the song is perfect for radio

Well obviously Feldy wasn't the one paying for promotion out of his own pocket BUT I wonder if their new label is pushing it as hard as BMG pushed Bored To Death. That was one thing they did VERY right with California. No video or talk shows or anything yet though, maybe that's in the plans for when they announce the album details.

4 minutes ago, NotNow said:

I don’t get how anyone can think this song is good for radio. Songs don’t just magically end up on radio just because they’re pop songs. They actually have to be good songs.

Dunno, most radio songs I've heard have always been utter crap. It really is about marketing, looks and following I think. Blink have the following but they haven't been that marketable in years. They don't exactly have the looks anymore but they still have history. It's also about the style of the music too. Sure this is a pop song but blink have the reputation of being a rock band. Rock just doesn't sell anymore. If this was the lead single of 5 Seconds of Summer or One Direction or some shit like that, it'd probably do great on the radio.

• Like 3